As you download, copy, or move files around on your Windows 11/10 PC over time, duplicate files end up all across your hard drive. With that arises a few new tasks like locating and eliminating duplicate images, videos, documents, and other multimedia items. This is a difficult task and requires a lot of time and effort. Many people have started using Dupeguru which is a quick duplicate finder tool that is likely the greatest choice you can make. However if you are bored with that tool or want to have a different experience then here is a list of best Dupeguru alternatives that you can use.
List of Top 7 Dupeguru Alternatives in 2023
1. Duplicate Files Fixer
Best For: Scanning Dupes On PC & Cloud Storage
Duplicate Files Fixer is a software like Dupeguru that makes it simple to scan and identify duplicate copies of any type of file, including pictures, audio files, videos, and documents. You will be relieved of the burden of manually selecting duplicates to be removed thanks to its auto-mark option. It only requires one click after the scanning process is complete to get rid of these duplicates from your device. This is clearly one of the best alternatives to Dupeguru.
- Remove unused files and folders to free up space.
- Exclude particular documents or folders from the scan.
- Supports “Full Scan” and “Custom Scan” to easily clean up your computer.
- Simple and wizard-like user interface.
- Supports Dropbox and Google Drive scanning.
- Removes duplicate email files
- Portable version not available
2. Auslogics Duplicate File Finder
Best For: Smart Algorithms That Detect Dupes
It costs nothing to use Auslogics Duplicate File Finder which is another software like Dupeguru. Everyone can use it easily, and it can find all typical sorts of duplicate files, including duplicate images, audio files, and movies. You can view, sort, and filter the duplicate files that are discovered, and it also allows you to preview photographs, videos, and PDFs. You can choose which duplicates to delete manually or let the program handle it for you. Undoubtedly, this is among the best alternatives to Dupeguru.
- App uses smart algorithms to identify duplicates.
- Scan different file types for duplicates.
- Helps regain valuable storage space.
- Swift & Simple to use.
- Preview before delete.
- Does not scan system files & folders.
- Installation file bundled with other apps.
- Software has a few bugs only on Windows 11.
3. Duplicate Cleaner
Best for: Byte-by-Byte comparision technique
Particularly for tech-savvy people, Duplicate Cleaner Free can be one of the best alternatives to Dupeguru. It has a lot of features and is quite customizable. Numerous file types are supported by the Regular mode. It compares files using the MD5 technique or byte-by-byte comparison to find duplicates. Additionally, you can configure it to look for duplicate files based on name, size, extension, or any combination of these. This is unquestionably a duplicate file finding and removing software like Dupeguru…
- In-built user manual.
- Supports many file formats.
- Search inside compressed files.
- Quickly scan for similar and duplicate files.
- Customize the search criteria.
- Allows users to view the duplicates before removing them.
- Not very user-friendly.
- The interface needs to be improved.
4. Fast Duplicate File Finder
Best For: Supporting External Drives
Rapid folder and subfolder scanning for duplicate media files, documents, and photographs is possible with Fast Duplicate File Finder. This is an app similar to Dupeguru and is fairly customizable. Its approach can locate duplicate files with different names by comparing files content-by-content. Although the software only allows you to preview a certain number of files, it offers a preview tool so that you can quickly view the discovered duplicate files. Many experts have voted Fast Duplicate File Finder as one of the best free programs like Dupeguru.
- Duplicates can be moved to a separate folder.
- Duplicate file identified by content.
- Uses a Binary comparison algorithm.
- Supports external devices.
- Preview duplicate files.
- System Files are not scanned.
- The free version does not contain all features.
Best For: MD5 and SHA-1 comparison techniques
We recommend using this free duplicate file detect and remove if you are tech-savvy. AllDup is an app similar to Dupeguru that has a lot of features and offers a lot of opportunities for experimenting. Selecting the File content option, which gives a number of algorithms (including MD5 and SHA-1) for you to pick from, followed by the Find duplicate files on the basis of their properties method.
- Includes a portable version.
- Exclude folders from search criteria.
- Supports more than one method for scanning duplicates.
- Duplicates can be transferred instead of being deleted.
- Identify similar files
- Mass selection allowed.
- Simple Interface.
- Not easy to use.
Best for: Pixel-Based Picture Comparison
You can search for duplicate files on a Windows PC using either the filename or the file content with this portable, free duplicate file finder. Anti-Twin is an app similar to Dupeguru which has the capacity to do pixel-based picture comparison, users can efficiently find both identical and comparable images. The undesired duplicate copies can be immediately deleted or can be sent to the Recycle Bin. This might be regarded as one of the best free programs like Dupeguru.
- External Drives and Network folders are supported.
- File Comparison by more than one factor.
- Portable app.
- Users can find duplicates and similar photos.
- The interface displays tips to help the users.
- Lightweight app.
- Updates are rare.
- Search filters are limited.
7. Easy Duplicate Finder
Best For: Scans emails and contacts
There is a Free and a Premium edition of Easy Duplicate Finder which is a Dupeguru alternative. It has Easy and Advanced usage options. The developer suggests using the Easy mode, however, we suggest using the Advanced mode. You can utilize the Include option, which only allows you to search for duplicates of one type of file at a time, to identify duplicate files more quickly. You can consider this as one of the best free programs like Dupeguru.
- Multiple scanning methods.
- Support duplicate removal from cloud services.
- Scans emails and contacts.
- Users can exclude subfolders within folders while scanning.
- Allows users to preview before deleting.
- App configuration is easy to modify.
- The scans are slow.
- The free edition has limited features.
Your Choice On Top 7 Dupeguru Alternatives in 2023
We hope you are now able to make the choice between the Dupeguru alternatives provided above. Whichever product you select, make sure it suits your needs and for that it is recommended to try each one of them. If you ask us then we suggest Duplicate Files Fixer app as the best alternatives to Dupeguru for its accurate results.
Please let us know in the comments below if you have any questions or recommendations. We would be delighted to provide you with a resolution. We frequently publish advice, tricks, and solutions to common tech-related problems. You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Flipboard, and Pinterest.