Disk Analyzer Pro
The need for data backup is already overstated, because of the risk associated with losing files, photos, music, and other important documents to a human error or computer crash. There are a plethora of options available to protect your files and folders. This includes copying files to an external hard drive, USB drive, rewritable CD/DVD, or using a cloud backup & storage solution.
Finding good backup software is easier than you’d think. A host of companies are offering affordable and free packages, nearly all of them are quite a component. Therefore, in this article, we’ll discuss the most popular and useful Windows Backup Tools to help you determine which is the best option for you.
List of Contents
- WeTheGeek’s Recommendation – Right Backup
- Detailed Reviews: The Best Windows Backup Software You Should Use In 2022 (Paid & Free)
- 1. EaseUS Todo Backup Free
- 2. Acronis True Image
- 3. Paragon Backup & Recovery
- 4. CloudBerry MSP360 Backup Solution
- 5. AOMEI Backupper Professional
- 1. FBackup
- 2. Cobian Backup
- 3. pCloud
- 4. MiniTool ShadowMaker
- 5. iDrive
- Frequently Asked Questions
Relevant Articles: Right Backup
- Data Backup, Do It The Right Way With Right Backup!
- Four Ways People Use Right Backup At Work!
- How To Schedule Backup In Windows 10 PC Using Right Backup App?
- How To Transfer Backup Files From One Device To Another Using Right Backup?
10 Best Backup Software For Windows 10, 8, 7 (Paid & Free)
Here’s a quick rundown of the best utilities available in the market to backup and save your files and folders. You can even check their website links to download the product.
|PRODUCT||TOP 5 BACKUP TOOLS FOR WINDOWS PC||WEBSITE LINK|
|1. EaseUS Todo Backup Free
EaseUS Todo Backup is a top-notch solution, capable of performing full, file/folder, disk, partition, and entire system backup and recovery within a few clicks.
|2. Acronis True Image
Acronis True Image is an old player in the backup & recovery game. Originally started as a disk imaging utility, today it has become an all-in-one backup suite.
|3. Paragon Backup & Recovery
Paragon Backup & Recovery is an ultimate solution if you want to quickly safeguard your specific files & folders, partitions, or the entire system in one go.
|4. CloudBerry MSP360 Backup Solution
It is not just a standard cloud backup & storage solution, rather it is a complete backup control center. It helps you in storing your files on one or more cloud solutions.
|5. AOMEI Backupper Professional
AOMEI’s Backupper is an effective server backup solution designed for all kinds of businesses to manage differential & incremental backups easily.
Detailed Reviews: The Best Windows Backup Software You Should Use In 2022 (Paid & Free)
We have evaluated the best bunch of backup solutions on these aspects: Ease of use, Features, Support, and Price. You can also have a quick look over the Pros & Cons section to better understand the product.
1. EaseUS Todo Backup Free
Suitable For: Novice users
Overview: EaseUS Todo Backup is one of our top favorite backup solutions. It is capable of performing full, file/folder, disk, partition, and entire system backup, and recovery within a few clicks. What’s more? You can schedule running incremental, differential, or full backups as per your requirements.
Ease of Use: Honestly, the signing up process will take a few seconds, but installing the desktop client might take some time since the file size is bulky. Talking about the dashboard, EaseUS has a user-friendly interface among all the paid & free backup software mentioned here.
- Capable of backing up the entire PC, drives, partitions & specific files/folders.
- Smart Backup – to monitor & automatically backup selected files.
- Allows you to backup your data to Dropbox, Google Drive & OneDrive.
- Supports scheduling according to backup type – Full, Differential, or Incremental.
- Supports compressing data to save storage space.
- Pre-OS – allows you to run the software before Windows starts. (No need for a flash drive or disk)
- Free data backup tool
- Supports multiple kinds of backups.
- Event-based scheduler.
- Award-winning & easy-to-use free data backup software.
- High-level security.
- Doesn’t allow PC-to-PC transfer.
Read Complete Review: EaseUS Todo Backup Home: Smartest Tool to Backup Data
2. Acronis True Image
Suitable For: Safely backing up your whole drives
Acronis True Image is an old player in the backup & recovery game. Originally started as a disk imaging utility, today it has become an all-in-one backup suite, equipped with tons of advanced features, including security tools like ransomware protection.
Ease of Use:
The entire signing up and installation process are easy and quick. As soon as you launch the software, you get displayed to “Quick start guide” so that you can understand what the backup software does and how to use it. The dashboard is clean and intuitive with tons of tabs in large icons so that you can easily access all the primary features & settings from one place.
- Can backup your entire drive on the cloud.
- Supports making backups on local drive & external disk as well.
- Offers Facebook & Instagram backups, so that you never lose any content.
- Upon Event – to create backups at special instances.
- Ransomware protection to monitor & safeguard your data.
- Essential Plan = $49.99/Year
- Advanced Plan = $89.99/Year
- Premium Plan = $124.99/Year
- Straightforward & clean interface.
- Supports full disk image backup & restore.
- Easy file synchronization.
- Free trial available for 30 days.
- Little expensive backup software for Windows.\
3. Paragon Backup & Recovery
Suitable For: For Home Users Looking For Free Backup Tool
Paragon Backup & Recovery is an ultimate solution if you want to quickly safeguard your specific files & folders, partitions, or the entire system in one go. Unlike most of the tools, Paragon automatically deletes old backup images based on specified value, so that you never go out of storage space.
Ease of Use:
Installing and setting up the Paragon Backup & Recovery tool is super easy and straightforward. You just need to create a ‘MyParagon’ account as soon as you launch the software. Once that’s done, go ahead creating your very first backup. Talking about the interface, it might not be an overwhelming experience for novices. You might get confused when it comes to creating a recovery media. But you can explore the Settings, located in the left pane to get the task done!
- Wizard-based setup
- Allows both incremental & differential backups
- Supports event-based scheduling
- Supports restoring of OS on new hardware platforms
- Uses strong data encryption techniques
- Highly customizable
Price: Community Edition For Home Users = Free For Business Users = Get a quote
- Can run backups in Manual model or Schedule.
- Has a Recovery Media Builder.
- Advanced backup & recovery solutions.
- No free upgrades to future versions.
4. CloudBerry MSP360 Backup Solution
Suitable For: Advanced users
It is not just a standard cloud backup & storage solution, rather it is a complete backup control center. In layman’s terms, it doesn’t provide dedicated cloud storage to save your data, but it helps you in storing your files on one or more cloud solutions to manage multiple backups from one dashboard.
Ease of Use:
Cloud Berry has an appealing user interface. However, with a wide range of options and tools, navigating through it might be cumbersome for novice users. To be honest, the backup software is designed for advanced users, so you need to have much technical knowledge to set up and use the product.
- Offers 65 storage destinations, including Amazon S3, OneDrive & more.
- Multiple backup options.
- Strong security & encryption.
- Supports several cloud storage providers.
- Scheduling capabilities.
- Sends important alerts & notifications.
- For 200 GB – Free version available
- For 5TB – $49.99/PC
- Contact the team to get quote for more space & devices
- Backup & Restore wizard to understand the process.
- Automatic scheduling to take backups.
- Strong data encryption techniques to safeguard data.
- All the backups are available for recovery for 24*7.
- Lacks phone support.
5. AOMEI Backupper Professional
Suitable For: Users Looking For An Easy-To-Use & Free Windows Backup Software
Overview: AOMEI’s Backupper is an effective server backup solution designed for all kinds of businesses to manage and schedule differential, incremental backups in a hassle-free manner. With the backup tool, you can easily restore files/folders across your Windows PC, partitions & hard disks.
Ease of Use: Although the file size of the backup software is fairly large. But it takes only a few moments to get it installed on your device. The interface looks a bit outdated, so you might not be happy with the look and feel, but it is undoubtedly a great choice for newbies.
- Supports backing up your entire PC, hard disks, partitions & specific files/folder.
- Allows you to backup files to a local drive, external storage & network storage device.
- Supports full, differential & incremental backups.
- Enjoy features like file syncing, automatic scheduling & more.
- Tools for file compression and splitting available.
- $54.95 + Lifetime Upgrade for 2 PCs/License
- 30-Day free trial period available.
- Supports creating bootable USB or CD Drive.
- Allows you to keep a check on backups for errors.
- Tool for system cloning available.
- No dedicated option to password protects your data.
- Free version doesn’t have a feature for system cloning or differential backup.
|PRODUCT||HONORABLE MENTIONS||WEBSITE LINK|
|2. Cobian Backup
|4. MiniTool ShadowMaker
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the easiest backup software?
Right Backup is probably the easiest solution available to backup and restore files anytime, anywhere on any device.
Q2. How can I backup my computer for free?
You need to use free data backup software like Cobian Backup or FBackup to save all your data to a secure place. These options allow users to backup not only files/folders but also entire disks, partitions, and more.
Q3. Is EaseUS Todo Backup free?
Yes, EaseUS Todo Backup is a free backup tool that helps users to backup entire system drives, specific files/folders, and whole drives.
Q4. Does Windows 10 have built-in backup software?