The need for data backup is already overstated, because of the risk associated with losing files, photos, music, and other important documents to a human error or computer crash. There are a plethora of options available to protect your files and folders. This includes copying files to an external hard drive, USB drive, rewritable CD/DVD, or using a cloud backup & storage solution.
Finding good backup software is easier than you’d think. A host of companies are offering affordable and free packages, nearly all of them are quite a component. Therefore, in this article, we’ll discuss the most popular and useful Windows Backup Tools to help you determine which is the best option for you.
WeTheGeek’s Recommendation – Right Backup
Right Backup is a top-notch cloud-based program compatible with multiple operating systems, that help user instantly backup all their files and folders in a secured location. You just need to set up your account and the program will automatically begin the process of analyzing your computer to locate the files that aren’t backed up yet. Some of the major highlights of the backup software include:
|File Sharing||Supports Easy File Restoration|
|Data Synchronization||High-Grade Encryption For Better Security|
|Automatic Scheduler||Desktop & Web Access|
|Multiple System Support||Continuous & Incremental Backup|
|Creates Backup Logs||Straightforward Dashboard|
|Easy Access For Files From Anywhere, Anytime||Excellent Technical Support|
|Money-Back Guarantee||FREE Disk Analyzer Pro|
Suitable Choice For:
Reasons To Buy:
- Automatic syncing
- Takes regular backups
- Multilingual support
- Web access/restoration
- Uses best-in-class AES-256 Encryption
Reasons To Avoid:
- Free trial allows 100 MB of available space only.
|For 1 Month||$16.95|
|For 1 Year||$174.95|
Relevant Articles: Right Backup
- Data Backup, Do It The Right Way With Right Backup!
- Four Ways People Use Right Backup At Work!
- How To Schedule Backup In Windows 10 PC Using Right Backup App?
- How To Transfer Backup Files From One Device To Another Using Right Backup?
10 Best Backup Software For Windows 10, 8, 7 (Paid & Free)
Here’s a quick rundown of the best utilities available in the market to backup and save your files and folders. You can even check their website links to download the product.
|PRODUCT||TOP 5 BACKUP TOOLS FOR WINDOWS PC||WEBSITE LINK|
|1. EaseUS Todo Backup Free
EaseUS Todo Backup is a top-notch solution, capable of performing full, file/folder, disk, partition, and entire system backup and recovery within a few clicks.
|2. Acronis True Image
Acronis True Image is an old player in the backup & recovery game. Originally started as a disk imaging utility, today it has become an all-in-one backup suite.
|3. Paragon Backup & Recovery
Paragon Backup & Recovery is an ultimate solution if you want to quickly safeguard your specific files & folders, partitions, or the entire system in one go.
|4. CloudBerry MSP360 Backup Solution
It is not just a standard cloud backup & storage solution, rather it is a complete backup control center. It helps you in storing your files on one or more cloud solutions.
|5. AOMEI Backupper Professional
AOMEI’s Backupper is an effective server backup solution designed for all kinds of businesses to manage differential & incremental backups easily.
Detailed Reviews: The Best Windows Backup Software You Should Use In 2023 (Paid & Free)
We have evaluated the best bunch of backup solutions on these aspects: Ease of use, Features, Support, and Price. You can also have a quick look over the Pros & Cons section to better understand the product.
1. EaseUS Todo Backup Free
Suitable For: Novice users
Overview: EaseUS Todo Backup is one of our top favorite backup solutions. It is capable of performing full, file/folder, disk, partition, and entire system backup, and recovery within a few clicks. What’s more? You can schedule running incremental, differential, or full backups as per your requirements.
Ease of Use: Honestly, the signing up process will take a few seconds, but installing the desktop client might take some time since the file size is bulky. Talking about the dashboard, EaseUS has a user-friendly interface among all the paid & free backup software mentioned here.
- Capable of backing up the entire PC, drives, partitions & specific files/folders.
- Smart Backup – to monitor & automatically backup selected files.
- Allows you to backup your data to Dropbox, Google Drive & OneDrive.
- Supports scheduling according to backup type – Full, Differential, or Incremental.
- Supports compressing data to save storage space.
- Pre-OS – allows you to run the software before Windows starts. (No need for a flash drive or disk)
- Free data backup tool
Support: Get in touch with the support team through Email or get solutions through their Knowledge Base and Forum.
- Supports multiple kinds of backups.
- Event-based scheduler.
- Award-winning & easy-to-use free data backup software.
- High-level security.
- Doesn’t allow PC-to-PC transfer.
No matter how many backups you want to make, your computer performance will never be hampered. It quietly runs in the background and doesn’t impact any other running processes. The support system is satisfactory, and you don’t need to have much technical knowledge to use the product. In a nutshell, 5 out 5 to EaseUS Todo Backup Free!
Read Complete Review: EaseUS Todo Backup Home: Smartest Tool to Backup Data
2. Acronis True Image
Suitable For: Safely backing up your whole drives
Acronis True Image is an old player in the backup & recovery game. Originally started as a disk imaging utility, today it has become an all-in-one backup suite, equipped with tons of advanced features, including security tools like ransomware protection.
Ease of Use:
The entire signing up and installation process are easy and quick. As soon as you launch the software, you get displayed to “Quick start guide” so that you can understand what the backup software does and how to use it. The dashboard is clean and intuitive with tons of tabs in large icons so that you can easily access all the primary features & settings from one place.
- Can backup your entire drive on the cloud.
- Supports making backups on local drive & external disk as well.
- Offers Facebook & Instagram backups, so that you never lose any content.
- Upon Event – to create backups at special instances.
- Ransomware protection to monitor & safeguard your data.
- Essential Plan = $49.99/Year
- Advanced Plan = $89.99/Year
- Premium Plan = $124.99/Year
Support: Registered users can enjoy 24-hour technical support via calling. If you are using Acronis’ Trial Version, you can navigate to the company’s Acronis Forum to get help.
- Straightforward & clean interface.
- Supports full disk image backup & restore.
- Easy file synchronization.
- Free trial available for 30 days.
- Little expensive backup software for Windows.\
Verdict: Acronis True Image
Acronis True Image is undoubtedly one of the best backup software for Windows & other platforms. It offers a wide range of functionalities to create multiple backups in a hassle-free manner. Additionally, it offers excellent performance while restoring a large amount of data in the least duration possible.
3. Paragon Backup & Recovery
Suitable For: For Home Users Looking For Free Backup Tool
Paragon Backup & Recovery is an ultimate solution if you want to quickly safeguard your specific files & folders, partitions, or the entire system in one go. Unlike most of the tools, Paragon automatically deletes old backup images based on specified value, so that you never go out of storage space.
Ease of Use:
Installing and setting up the Paragon Backup & Recovery tool is super easy and straightforward. You just need to create a ‘MyParagon’ account as soon as you launch the software. Once that’s done, go ahead creating your very first backup. Talking about the interface, it might not be an overwhelming experience for novices. You might get confused when it comes to creating a recovery media. But you can explore the Settings, located in the left pane to get the task done!
- Wizard-based setup
- Allows both incremental & differential backups
- Supports event-based scheduling
- Supports restoring of OS on new hardware platforms
- Uses strong data encryption techniques
- Highly customizable
Price: Community Edition For Home Users = Free For Business Users = Get a quote
Support: You can submit the queries through the Ticket System. The company claims to provide answers within 3 business days. Alternatively, you can drop your question at the Paragon Forum or refer to their Knowledge Base platform to get how-to-guides and more.
- Can run backups in Manual model or Schedule.
- Has a Recovery Media Builder.
- Advanced backup & recovery solutions.
- No free upgrades to future versions.
Verdict: Paragon Backup & Recovery
Paragon does offer pleasant experience when compared to other Free Backup Software for Windows mentioned here. It was capable of completing different types of backup copies at much faster rate than other freeware options.
4. CloudBerry MSP360 Backup Solution
Suitable For: Advanced users
It is not just a standard cloud backup & storage solution, rather it is a complete backup control center. In layman’s terms, it doesn’t provide dedicated cloud storage to save your data, but it helps you in storing your files on one or more cloud solutions to manage multiple backups from one dashboard.
Ease of Use:
Cloud Berry has an appealing user interface. However, with a wide range of options and tools, navigating through it might be cumbersome for novice users. To be honest, the backup software is designed for advanced users, so you need to have much technical knowledge to set up and use the product.
- Offers 65 storage destinations, including Amazon S3, OneDrive & more.
- Multiple backup options.
- Strong security & encryption.
- Supports several cloud storage providers.
- Scheduling capabilities.
- Sends important alerts & notifications.
- For 200 GB – Free version available
- For 5TB – $49.99/PC
- Contact the team to get quote for more space & devices
Support: The company runs a top-notch email support system and you can count on them to get speedy and efficient responses.
- Backup & Restore wizard to understand the process.
- Automatic scheduling to take backups.
- Strong data encryption techniques to safeguard data.
- All the backups are available for recovery for 24*7.
- Lacks phone support.
Verdict: CloudBerry MSP360 Backup Solution
Cloud Berry is truly an exceptional data backup software that helps when it comes to taking real-time backups. Additionally, it has several scheduling options hourly, daily, and weekly. You can even set up custom scheduling, according to your convenience. Moreover, it encrypts your data with 256-bit AES encryption and even offers Ransomware Protection to keep your files/folders safe from hackers and bad guys.
5. AOMEI Backupper Professional
Suitable For: Users Looking For An Easy-To-Use & Free Windows Backup Software
Overview: AOMEI’s Backupper is an effective server backup solution designed for all kinds of businesses to manage and schedule differential, incremental backups in a hassle-free manner. With the backup tool, you can easily restore files/folders across your Windows PC, partitions & hard disks.
Ease of Use: Although the file size of the backup software is fairly large. But it takes only a few moments to get it installed on your device. The interface looks a bit outdated, so you might not be happy with the look and feel, but it is undoubtedly a great choice for newbies.
- Supports backing up your entire PC, hard disks, partitions & specific files/folder.
- Allows you to backup files to a local drive, external storage & network storage device.
- Supports full, differential & incremental backups.
- Enjoy features like file syncing, automatic scheduling & more.
- Tools for file compression and splitting available.
- $54.95 + Lifetime Upgrade for 2 PCs/License
- 30-Day free trial period available.
Support: AOMEI doesn’t have a phone support system, but it runs a rich Knowledge Base Forum to help the users with product troubleshooting and more. Alternatively, you can connect with Email Support to get timely responses.
- Supports creating bootable USB or CD Drive.
- Allows you to keep a check on backups for errors.
- Tool for system cloning available.
- No dedicated option to password protects your data.
- Free version doesn’t have a feature for system cloning or differential backup.
Verdict: AOMEI Backupper Professional
AOMEI’s backup software is undoubtedly an affordable package that boasts an impressive set of features to backup and restore Windows computers. The backup software is suitable for both home and business use.
|PRODUCT||HONORABLE MENTIONS||WEBSITE LINK|
|2. Cobian Backup
|4. MiniTool ShadowMaker
Suitable For: Users with basic needs
FBackup is a free backup & recovery software that offers plenty of tools to perform automatic and mirror backups easily. It even allows users to compress backups into Zip for easy file sharing. You can rely on this multilingual tool for both personal and commercial use.
Price: Free Data Backup Tool
2. Cobian Backup
Suitable For: To fulfill backup, compression & strong encryption needs
Cobian Backup is a multi-threaded program that helps users to not only backup important files but also directories from their original location to other drives. It exists in two different versions, such as application and service. It uses fewer resources and runs in the background without hampering performance.
Price: Free backup software for Windows
Suitable For: Secure & simple to use cloud storage
pCloud is a reliable cloud storage and backup solution that supports automatic syncing across multiple types of devices. It even offers a virtual hard drive, named as pCloud Drive, it doesn’t take up a lot of memory on local devices and free up hard disk space.
- Premium version – $175 for 500 GB space.
- Premium Plus version – $350 for 2 TB space.
4. MiniTool ShadowMaker
Suitable For: Easy system & disk backup
Next on our list of best paid & free software for taking backups is MiniTool’s ShadowMaker. The tool keeps your system protected with the highest level of data security. You can easily backup the entire OS, specific files/folders, disks, partitions to storage devices.
- Free trial available
- Starts at $29/year
Read Review: MiniTool ShadowMaker Review – A Free Tool That Relieves You Of All Backup Problems.
Suitable For: For both personal & business users
iDrive is a comprehensive online backup & storage service. Its free basic plan with 5GB storage has all the standard features needed in the best backup software. It provides additional storage for syncing all your devices and computers. You can effortlessly share files with anyone and backup to a local drive, as well.
- iDrive Personal – 2 TB Space for $69.50/Year
- iDrive Business – 250 TB cloud storage for $99.50/Year
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the easiest backup software?
Right Backup is probably the easiest solution available to backup and restore files anytime, anywhere on any device.
Q2. How can I backup my computer for free?
You need to use free data backup software like Cobian Backup or FBackup to save all your data to a secure place. These options allow users to backup not only files/folders but also entire disks, partitions, and more.
Q3. Is EaseUS Todo Backup free?
Yes, EaseUS Todo Backup is a free backup tool that helps users to backup entire system drives, specific files/folders, and whole drives.
Q4. Does Windows 10 have built-in backup software?
15 Best Disk Cloning Software for Windows 10, 8, 7
How To Choose The Perfect Data Backup Plan?
NatalieeNothing better than this list : – Carbonite -Gs Richcopy 360 -Fbackup
Mridula NimawatHello Natalie, Thank you for your suggestions.