You may already know what AirDrop is and what it does. But sometimes, when you transfer files, photos, or videos from iPhone to other devices, you may witness the problem of ‘AirDrop Not Working’. The reason for such an issue can be a network problem, a software glitch, or maybe system incompatibility. Fortunately, we’ve listed some effective workarounds based on user’s tests and feedback. So, without further ado, let’s learn how to fix AirDrop not working on iPhone/iPad?
Six Tips To Fix AirDrop Not Working On iPad/iPhone (2021)
All the below-mentioned fixes can be applied to iPhones ranging from the earliest iPhone 4S to the newest versions. Let us know which workaround helped you to fix AirDrop not responding to the issue.
|Reset Network Settings||Force Restart The Device||Toggle On Bluetooth & Wi-Fi|
|Update iOS||Adjust AirDrop Settings||Use iOS Data Transfer Tool|
1. Reset Network Settings
If there’s any problem with the network connection, you can try resetting the Network Settings of your iPhone or iPad to fix the AirDrop not working problem. To reset the settings, follow the step-by-step procedure below:
- Open your iPhone settings and navigate to the General tab.
- Locate the Reset menu and choose the option Reset Network Settings.
Once the settings are reset, hopefully, you can fix AirDrop not working on the iPhone easily. If not, you can proceed with the next workaround!
2. Force Restart The Device
One of the most effective ways to fix ‘AirDrop Not Working’ is by force restarting the iOS device by pressing the Home & Power button simultaneously, until the Apple logo appears on the screen. Old iPhone version users may have to press the Home and Volume button altogether to Force Restart the device. As soon as the device restarts, try transferring files through AirDrop, it should establish the proper connection and work appropriately.
3. Toggle On Bluetooth & Wi-Fi
Both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi play a significant role in the working of AirDrop. If these options are disabled by any chance or have interference while functioning properly, this can lead to ‘AirDrop Not Working On iPhone/iPad’. Follow the steps below to restart these settings:
- From the Home Screen of your iOS device, navigate to the Settings.
- Head towards the Wi-Fi settings and simply toggle it Off & then On.
- Do the same with Bluetooth. Locate the settings and toggle it off and then On.
The process will simply stop the current ongoing connection and will let you establish the new one through AirDrop while transferring files.
4. Update iOS
AirDrop not working on iPhone/iPad may have been caused due to running an old or corrupted operating system. Therefore, try updating your iOS to the latest version which is free from bugs and provides new functionalities to users. To update your iPhone or iPad device using iTunes, all you have to do is:
- Before starting, make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your Mac.
- Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone/iPad to your Mac.
- Head towards the Device tab and navigate to the Summary section.
- Here, you need to click on the Check for Update button.
- Hit the Download and Update button, followed by a Confirmation that you Agree to install the new version.
- You might need to enter the Passcode on your iPhone or iPad to continue the process.
As soon as you update your iOS device with the latest version, try using AirDrop, it should work now smoothly. If not, don’t worry and try the next workaround.
Must-Read: Learn how to backup your iPhone?
5. Adjust AirDrop Settings
If you are facing troubles while using AirDrop, then you need to make certain tweaks in the AirDrop settings and make the device visible to Everyone. In case you’ve selected the Contacts Only option, there are chances that you might not be able to connect to a specific device for sharing your files via AirDrop. To make the necessary changes, all you have to do is:
- On your iPhone or iPad: Launch the Settings > Go to General tab > AirDrop > Choose option Everyone.
- On your Mac: Open Finder > Locate & select AirDrop > From the settings – Allows me to be discovered by, choose Everyone.
Now that you’ve set the visibility status open for Everyone, your ‘AirDrop not working on iPhone/iPad’ problem should be resolved by now!
6. Use iOS Data Transfer Tool
If none of the solutions helped you to fix the AirDrop not working problem. You can try using a third-party iOS data transfer utility like EaseUS MobiMover, which can help you share your photos, between iOS devices easily. To use the application, all you have to do is:
- Download & install EaseUS MobiMover on your PC or Mac.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer.
- Launch EaseUS MobiMover and go to Pictures > Photos.
- Simply choose the photos or albums you wish to move from one iPhone to another iOS device.
- Hit the option ‘To another Phone’ to start the transferring process.
- Once the process gets completed, check the target device and see all your data from the Photos app.
Hopefully, using a third-party application like EaseUS MobiMover helps you fix AirDrop not working on iPad or iPhone problems.
|Writer’s Tip: An alternative way to transfer multiple kinds of files from one device to another is through a Cloud Backup solution like Right Backup. You can simply upload all your files, photos, videos, audios, and other documents to the Cloud from your current iOS device. Once done, you can access and restore those files from your target device (where you wish to have your files transferred) using your Right Backup credentials. Easy, right? To know more about Right Backup cloud storage service, click the link here!|
|How to Get Airdrop on Your MacOS Dock?|
|How to Troubleshoot AirDrop Not Working on Mac?|
|How to Share Passwords Using AirDrop on iPhone, iPad, and Mac?|
|How To Sync Contacts From iPhone To Mac?|