WhatsApp for Windows is finally getting a new feature that will allow WhatsApp Desktop App users to select multiple messages within a conversation and delete them or forward them.
WhatsApp Multi-Selection Feature
WhatsApp App for Windows desktops previously did not allow users to select multiple messages in a conversation. Windows users had to choose one message at a time and then forward it or delete it. This has recently been changed as Beta testers have received an update with a new feature that allows them to select multiple messages. With the help of this update, users can now save time and effort by selecting many messages at once.
How To Choose Multiple Messages On WhatsApp Desktop?
When choosing “Select” from the context menu of a conversation, users can now pick several messages. Also, they can click anywhere in a chat to bring up the “Select messages” option.
Also Read: How To Password Protect WhatsApp Chat
What New Features Is WhatsApp Planning In The New Future?
WhatsApp has increased its user base from 1.5 billion to 2 billion approx. With such a huge customer base, it is important that WhatsApp keeps updating its IM app with new features from time to time. Here are some of the features that are currently in testing with Beta testers and will be rolled out to general users soon.
- It was announced last month that the messaging service was introducing a new “Call Link” feature for Windows beta, enabling users to generate a link to join a call.
- In order to access the 21 new emojis from the most recent Unicode 15.0, WhatsApp has removed the requirement to download a different keyboard.
- A new version of WhatsApp will replace the number in the conversation list with the push name.
- With the addition of new tools and fonts like Calistoga, Courier Prime, Damion, Exo 2, and Morning Breeze, WhatsApp is also planning to update the drawing editor.
- By tapping the font selections that are conveniently presented directly above the keyboard, just like Instagram, you may select a variety of fonts with ease.
- The ability to alter the text background color is one of the other improvements.
- You will also be able to specify an expiration date for group chats with iOS’s new “expiring groups” feature. Users will receive notifications to clear up the group once the deadline has passed.
|Did You Know that you can send a WhatsApp message to any number without saving that number to your contacts?
One of WhatsApp’s most frequently discussed limitations is the fact that you cannot send a WhatsApp message to a number that is not in your contacts. To send one-time messages to unknown people you need to save their phone numbers in your contacts first.
However, the Good News is that a free and trusted third-party app allows users to send WhatsApp messages to any number including yourself.
Introducing “Message To Unknown Number”, a light-weighted app available on Google Play Store and App Store that allows users to send WhatsApp messages to Unsaved numbers.
Your Thoughts ON WhatsApp Rolls Out A “multi-selection” Feature For Messages On Windows
With the installation of the WhatsApp beta for Windows 2.2309.2.0 update, the feature of selecting multiple messages has been made available to beta testers. It is anticipated to be made available to more users over the next few days, according to the report.
Please let us know in the comments below if you have any questions or recommendations. We would be delighted to provide you with a resolution. We frequently publish advice, tricks, and solutions to common tech-related problems. You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Flipboard, and Pinterest.