Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you wanted to watch or share a WhatsApp video that you had either received or sent, but couldn’t locate anywhere?
Perhaps you accidentally deleted it, or the sender removed it from the chat, leaving you with the frustrating “This message was deleted” note. It’s also possible that your phone suffered damage, corruption, or a virus infection, rendering your WhatsApp videos inaccessible. Alternatively, if you’ve switched to a different device, you might have lost access to all your previous WhatsApp video backups.
But don’t despair, there’s still hope! In this blog, we’ll show you different methods to recover and see deleted WhatsApp videos. We’ll also tell you a secret hack to see deleted WhatsApp videos & messages in the chats. So, stay tuned!
Best Ways To Recover Deleted WhatsApp Videos In 2023
Wondering how to recover deleted WhatsApp videos? Try these methods, and share which one works best for you!
1. Recover Deleted WhatsApp Videos From The Local Backup On Your Phone
If the Media auto-download is turned on, you might be in luck because then, you will be able to find deleted videos on your Android smartphone’s local backup. So, unless you have wiped off your local storage, needn’t sweat! Follow these steps –
- Open the “File Manager” on your Android device.
- In the search area, type Whatsapp video.
- If there are multiple folders, you may want to open each of the folders to check if the deleted video is there.
2. Restore Deleted WhatsApp Video From A Backup
In case you have turned on the Chat backup on your WhatsApp, you can recover deleted WhatsApp videos from your Google Drive backup.
Before you delete WhatsApp videos and other data including chats, it is a wise move to safely back up videos to WhatsApp. Here is how you can recover deleted WhatsApp Videos –
- Uninstall WhatsApp from your device.
- Head to Google Play Store and reinstall WhatsApp.
- Follow the on-screen process to set up WhatsApp. You must use the same phone number with which you created the account.
- WhatsApp will now detect the backup and prompt you to recover it.
- Tap on the Restore button. You will now be able to see your deleted videos.
3. Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Videos From Cloud Storage
Well, this method will only work if you have enabled the option to save your WhatsApp Media Files to your Cloud Storage such as Google Photos, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. In case you have, follow the instructions shared below and get back your deleted media files.
1. Launch the Cloud Storage app on your device or open their browser version.
2. Sign in with your account and find the folder where you have saved your WhatsApp data. Usually, it is named WhatsApp Images, WhatsApp Video, or WhatsApp Media.
3. Scour through these folders and locate the missing WhatsApp video you were meaning to find. Once found, you can recover them by downloading the file to your device.
BONUS TIP – How To View Deleted WhatsApp Videos & Messages?
At times, you might find yourself in a situation where a WhatsApp video or message gets deleted by the sender before you have a chance to view it. This can be quite frustrating, especially when you’re curious about the content.
Fortunately, there’s a solution to undelete those deleted WhatsApp texts, photos, videos, and audio files using a third-party application – Whats Chat App Recovery. The application provides a dedicated platform to read and view the messages and media files that have been deleted by the sender in the chat.
Here’s how to use Whats Chat App Recovery to undelete WhatsApp Media Files & Texts:
STEP 1 – Install Whats Chat App Recovery from the Google Play Store.
STEP 2 – Launch the app and grant the necessary permissions to make Whats Chat App Recovery work properly.
STEP 3 – Now open your WhatsApp and head towards the Settings. Tap on the Storage and Data module.
STEP 4 = At this step, you need to go to the “When using Mobile Data” section under the “Media auto-download” header. Here, you need to check the media files such as Photos, Audio & Videos.
NOTE: This step is crucial to guarantee that Whats Chat App Recovery can successfully fetch data from notifications and securely display deleted media files within the app.
STEP 5 – Now you are all set!
Next time, whenever you find an important media file or message being deleted you can go to What Chat App Recovery and navigate to the different media files to access the deleted content.
REMEMBER: This app can only show deleted WhatsApp messages and media files if they were deleted by the sender after you received a notification. If you didn’t receive a notification or cleared them, you won’t see the deleted content. Additionally, it can only recover messages and media sent after you installed the app; anything deleted before that cannot be shown.
The Ultimate Guide To Recovering Deleted WhatsApp Videos
WhatsApp videos are valuable memories that you don’t want to lose. But sometimes, accidents happen and you might delete them by mistake or lose them due to other reasons. Fortunately, there are ways to recover deleted WhatsApp videos from different sources, such as your phone, backup, or cloud storage.
If you found this information helpful, share this post with someone who might be indeed for a solution. If you know any other trick to get back deleted videos from WhatsApp, do share your suggests in the comments section below!