Blog Summary: A File Copy Software enables users to copy/move files and folders between computers, drives, and hard disks. The application have multiple use cases, such as backup data, file transfer, file mirroring, data replication, and more. After testing dozens of file copy utilities for Windows 11/10 PC, we’ve selected these top 9 choices. Let’s review and compare them !
CUT, COPY, PASTE. Drag > Drop Files to Desired Location. Sounds quite familiar now, right?
File copying & transferring are one of the most common actions we perform almost daily. Well, the speed of the copy/move function depends on the size of the media that is copied or moved. But the general process of transferring data has two significant drawbacks: (1) The slow speed of copying files (2) No way to pause the process (in older version of windows) in between.
To resolve these problems & make the process of copying files at a faster rate, we’ll be discussing Top 9 Fastest File Copy software in 2023!
Our Top 3 Choices
EASEUS DISK COPY
Top 9 Best File Copy Software for Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 (2023 Picks)
When looking for a fast copy software for your Windows PC, you can get confused with various products available. Therefore, here is the curated list of 10 fastest file copy software to transfer large files:
1. EaseUS Disk Copy
PRICE: Free trial, $19.90/Month, $29.90/Year, $59.90/Lifetime (with free upgrades)
COMPATIBILITY: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7
Discover the power of EaseUS Disk Copy, a top-notch data copy software for Windows 11. This efficient tool allows you to seamlessly clone entire drives with speed and precision. With compatibility across various Windows versions, EaseUS Disk Copy offers reliable disk cloning and even supports bootable disk creation. Whether you’re dealing with small or large drives up to 16 TB in size, this software has got you covered. Try EaseUS Disk Copy today and experience hassle-free drive duplication.
- One-click OS migration is supported.
- Supports both local and network disk copy.
- Ability to clone one hard drive to multiple devices simultaneously.
- Easily clone the entire OS or used sectors of the source disk to a smaller SSD.
- Create WinPE bootable disk.
- Best-known for its accuracy in making clones
- Fastest & Safest File Copy Utility
- Capable of rescuing damaged hard drives
- Helps in creating partitions & boot disk
- Higher prices compared to other alternatives
- Heavy File Copier Tool
Reason To Buy – It can copy hard disks to other hard disks without breaking the original configuration, which makes it the best copy utility software in the market.
Get EaseUS Disk Copy From Button Below
COMPATIBILITY: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7
FastCopy is one of the best file copy applications available for Windows 11 users. While its user interface may not be the most visually appealing, it excels in usability and delivers exceptional performance. With its rapid speed, FastCopy swiftly moves files between networks, ensuring seamless file transfers. By utilizing multiple threads for reading, writing, and verification, as well as employing overlapped and direct I/O systems, this Windows tool maximizes transfer speed and efficiency.
- There are a lot of transfer and copying options.
- Comes with ‘Include/Exclude’ filters.
- Lets you copy the entire directory from one place to another.
- Offers a number of buffer options to tweak the performance.
- Features the NSA File wiping utility to securely delete files.
- Free File Copier For Experienced Users
- No. of buffer options to tweak the performance
- Offers options to add context menu entries
- Light on system resources
- Auto-Select settings for copying
- Complicated & typical interface
- Not designed for novice users
Reason To Buy – Justifying its name, FastCopy uses multi-threads to Read, Write, Verify, Overlapped I/O, to bring out the highest speed.
PRICE: Free, Pro = $29.95/One-time fee (Get 20% OFF through CoinPayments)
COMPATIBILITY: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Vista
TeraCopy is a widely recognized file copy tool for Windows 11 and other popular versions. It is known for its enhanced file transfer features and improved efficiency. TeraCopy provides advanced error recovery and verification capabilities, ensuring the integrity of your files during the copying process. The latest version of TeraCopy introduces an improved dashboard with enhanced access to previous transfer history, allowing for more efficient resumption from the exact point where you last left off.
- Drag or copy any file or documents to your external/internal drive.
- Keeps a complete history of recently used directories.
- Displays folders that are open in File Explorer or other third-party file managers.
- Preserves original date and time stamps while copying/moving data.
- Prevent you from moving folders accidentally from one location to another.
- Exclude problematic files during copying task
- Drag & drop to prevent moving large folders
- Advanced tools available for experienced users
- Portable version is available using Installer
- Resource usage
Reason To Buy – It’s relatively fast, lightweight, and a more reliable choice than its counterparts. Plus, it can be installed as portable software also.
4. Copy Handler
COMPATIBILITY: Windows 11, 10, 8, 8, Vista, XP
Looking for the best file copy application to effortlessly transfer a large number of files between PCs? Look no further than CopyHandler. Notably, incomplete tasks automatically resume when your PC restarts, ensuring seamless file copying without any interruptions. It has queue support and hence can run one or more operations simultaneously in a specific order. You can check detailed statistics like the current file, progress by size, buffer sizes, average speed, time elapsed & more.
- Get complete control over file transfer using pause, resume, restart and cancel features.
- Detailed statistics about copy/move operation like time elapsed, average speed,
- Over 60 configuration options to customize copy/move thread – buffer size, priority,
- Integration with Windows Explorer so that you can add more commands to context menus.
- Multiple language support.
- Features – Pause, Resume, Restart, Cancel tools
- Multilingual data copy program
- Lets you transfer files between drives & PCs.
- Has drag & drop functions
- Check the wealth of stats & other operations.
- Requires little tech know-how to use the tool
- Issues while setting up the file copier
- Tricky to uninstall the product
Reason To Buy – Holds the potential to copy/move data between various storage media, including hard disk, floppy disk, local networks, CD-ROMs, and more in a few clicks.
5. File Fisher
COMPATIBILITY: Windows 11, 10,
The best portable file copy utility available for Windows 10 is File Fisher. You don’t have to install the program on your PC; instead, you just have to drag & drop it to your desktop to start using it. You can simply keep the Windows app on an external device, in case you wish to install it on your PC anytime. File Fisher gives the ability to pause, resume, or cancel the copying process anytime.
- Preserve the original file structure in a click.
- Remembers all the file extensions & suggests them automatically.
- Flexibility to pause, resume, and even cancel a file transfer.
- Ability to rename or replace files.
- The program comes as a portable executable
- Fundamental user interface
- Requires Java Runtime Environment to run
Reason To Buy – Besides copying/moving files in bulk, it offers features to auto-update, organize folders and compress files as per your preferences.
PRICE: Free, $19.95
COMPATIBILITY: Windows 11, 10, 8
As the name entails, ExtremeCopy assists users in copying data from one PC to another at an enormous speed. But honestly, you can only obtain the fastest speed if your machine is working at its best. The super-fast copy software brings options to skip & pause the copy process for a particular file.
- Options to pause, cancel or skip a file copy or transfer process.
- Comes with an in-built error management system.
- Rename all files with the same filename or replace them.
- Enable the auto-closing of Windows, once the file copy/transfer process is completed.
- User-friendly interface
- Has an integration with Windows Explorer
- Options to Skip, Pause & Resume
- Offers standard & pro version of Copy Utility
- Advanced tools are available with a pro version
- Terrible for network transfers
- No main window available for the standard version
Reason To Buy – It automatically optimizes copying speed based on your machine’s resources. Hence, no background performance is hampered.
COMPATIBILITY: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
An open-source file copy utility, UltraCopier is working quite fast to copy files from one place to another. Like several options mentioned here, UltraCopier allows users to Start, Stop, Resume to make the entire copying process hassle-free. Additionally, it offers an error management feature, to manage problems or corrupted files to some extent.
- Pause and resume the task at any point.
- See the transfer speed rate and check the percentage of file transfer completion.
- Ability to customize the interface & look and feel of the file copy utility software.
- Provides error/collision management while keeping your data completely secure.
- Best for beginners
- Runs in the background, occupy fewer resources.
- Perform copy task from one server to another
- Open-source file copy software with nice UI
- Copy queue tray to check the copy progress
- Some users face difficulty to add copy tasks.
Reason To Buy – UltraCopier certainly manages the copy & transfers of large quantities of folders and files or huge-sized files in a more reliable and efficient way.
COMPATIBILITY: Windows 10 & limited versions
One of the best interactive Windows Copy Software anyone can use is MiniCopier. To start using this super-fast file copier, all you have to do is drag & drop files or folders into the red basket in the program’s window & the process will begin automatically. You can find the standard Pause & Skip buttons as well.
- Users can queue several transfers in one go.
- Pause or Skip the current transfer to proceed to the next one.
- The original directory structure is preserved.
- It enables overwriting of files and bug fixing.
- Keeps a complete track of the file transfers that previously failed.
- Add multiple files/folders to basket
- Pause/Resume process when required
- Allows you to skip current transfer to the next
- Gives you an option to overwrite files
- Keep track of the transfers which gets failed
- Basic user-interface
Reason To Buy – It’s a graphical copy manager that provides a convenient way to control file copy and transfer operations in the most effortless way possible.
9. FF Copy
COMPATIBILITY: Windows 10, 7
Considered one of the most excellent Windows file copy utilities & there are a lot of supporting reasons for the same. You can add the file to a transfer queue that you would like to copy so that it can be downloaded in order. Known as the super-fast copy software because of the divergent transfers, push parallel transfers & ability to allocate disk space, and eliminate disk fragmentation.
- Provides fastest transfer speed due to non-parallel transfers.
- You can start/stop/pause/resume transfers.
- Options to automatically start tasks and clear the completed ones.
- Pre-Allocation of disk space to reduce disk fragmentation.
- Get detailed information such as name, action, status, size, speed, progress, ETA & destination.
- Shows complete status progress
- Buttons to pause or resume copying
- Significantly boost the speed of the entire process
- Super-fast file copier & mover for Windows 10
- Pre-allocation of disk space to reduce fragmentation
- Basic dashboard
Reason To Buy – It allows you to transfer numerous files or directories, at once. And, it is certainly quicker than a lot of Best file copy utility software.
Is It Faster To Move Or Copy Files?
Though it depends on the situation & the amount of data being copied or moved, in general, moving will always be faster than copying files. If you are using one of the best copy software for Windows 10, it certainly will help you with the transfer speed.
If you are moving files & folders in the same drive, then it will probably take less time than copying them. Because when you move data, it only re-indexes the files & re-allocates the pointer to a different location, but data remains in the same places. Whereas, while copying the data, it erases the reference & rewrites the files to indicate the data is transferred to a different location, which probably takes a little more time. Though, you can’t feel a significant difference in the time gap in both the actions!
Best File Copy Software 2023 (Compared)
Here’s a brief comparison of the Top 9 Windows file transfer software that can help you copy files at the fastest speed from one place to another.
|Top 9 File Copy Utility For PC||Key Highlight||Price||Latest Version||Try Now|
|EaseUS Disk Copy||Amazing Tool To Copy Entire Drive At A Great Speed||$19.90||5.0||Try Now|
|FastCopy||Best Tool To Enjoy Fastest File Copy Speeds||Free
|TeraCopy||Features A Robust & Interactive Interface||$29.95||3.9.7||Try Now|
|Copy Handler||Best Tool To Transfer Multiple Files From One PC To Another||Free||1.46||Try Now|
|File Fisher||Portable File Copy Tool, Doesn’t Need To Install It On Your PC||Free||2.0.3||Try Now|
|ExtremeCopy||Full Control Over File Copy/Transfer Operations||$19.95||18.104.22.168||Try Now|
|UltraCopier||Useful Customization Options To Alter The UI.||Free||22.214.171.124||Try Now|
|MiniCopier||Enables Overwriting of Files and Bug Fixing.||Free||0.5||Try Now|
|FF Copy||Enjoy Fastest Transfer Speed Due To Non-parallel Transfers.||Free||1.0||Try Now|
Streamline Your File Transfers With These Excellent File Copy Tools For Windows (2023)
With an array of powerful file copy tools at your disposal, you can now enjoy blazing-fast transfer speeds and seamless file copying experiences. Whether you need to clone disks, move files across networks, or enhance your overall file management.
Among the top file copy utilities available, EaseUS Disk Copy stands out as a powerful and efficient solution for all your file transfer needs. With its interactive UI, rapid file copying capabilities, and both free and paid versions, you can elevate your file copying experience without any hassles!
Frequently Asked Questions –
Q1. Which is the best software for copying files?
EaseUS Disk Copy is easily the best copy software. This is a must-have utility for your PC if you frequently work on copying numerous files. It also allows you to create a clone of your hard disk. This one comes number one for the fast copy software for Windows list.
Q2. Why does my PC copy files so slow?
PCs tend to get slow over time, that is why the fragmented disk processes the copy function slowly. If you are worried about wasting time, all you have to do is install one of the best file transfer software for Windows 10.
Q3. How do I increase the disk transfer rate?
To increase the disk transfer rate, you can get one of the best copy software for Windows 10. It will work efficiently and save your time and effort. We recommend using EaseUS Disk Copy for additional features.
Q4. Does increasing RAM increase file transfer speed?
Yes, increasing RAM will increase the file transfer speed. However, having more RAM on your PC does not essentially promise you the fast transfer as the disk might be full and it will still affect the speed. Therefore, it is best to rely on one of the aforementioned fast copy software.
Q5. How Can I Make A File Copy Faster?
Copying files between storage devices can be frustratingly slow on Windows PCs. To speed up the process without relying on third-party software, try these effective methods:
- Check HDD for Corruption
- Use Different USB Port
- Disable Antivirus
- Update USB Drivers
- Run Disk Cleanup Utility
- Format USB in NTFS
- Adjust the Drive’s Removal Policy
Implement these tips to experience faster and more efficient file copying. Or, for a seamless solution, consider using a top file copy utility.