Are you looking for a Stellar Data Recovery alternative? Stellar Data Recovery is one of the most renowned software-cum-utility tools which allows users to recover lost files and folders on their respective computer drives. Stellar Data Recovery supports the recovery of multiple file formats (such as docs, videos, audios, and images) over different file systems. Given the intuitive interface of Stellar Data Recovery, the entire recovery process is carried out in just three simple steps – a selection of storage area; scanning of drive; and recovery process.
Priced on a freemium model, Stellar Data Recovery also offers recovery of deleted emails. Moreover, the software supports both Mac and Windows computers. But, there are equally great, or in some cases better Stellar Data Recovery alternatives that users can choose from.
5 Best Stellar Data Recovery Alternatives (2024 Edition)
Here are five alternatives to Stellar Data Recovery software that you can try using in 2024.
1. Advanced File Recovery
Suppose you are looking for a lightweight data recovery software excellent at deep scanning to identify all types of deleted/missing/lost files. In that case, Advanced File Recovery is a solid choice. The application offers an intuitive dashboard with easy-to-navigate buttons, suitable for novice and experienced users.
Using this Stellar Data Recovery alternative, you can rescue your lost photos, videos, documents, archives, and other file formats from PC/Laptops, Flash Drives, Removable Drives, Memory Cards, etc. As soon as the scanning process gets completed, take a look at the preview section, select the files/folders you wish to recover, and have them securely saved on the preferred location of your device.
- Users can have a preview of the files before recovering them.
- Allows users to recover precious files from both internal & external storage media.
- Recovers permanently deleted files from formatted/crashed & unbootable drives.
- Supports almost all popular file types & formats, making it the best Stellar alternative.
- Offers both Deep Scan & Quick Scan modes to scan the preferred location & get accurate results comprehensively.
2. Advanced Disk Recovery: Best Stellar Data Recovery Alternative
Advanced Disk Recovery is one of the best data recovery software and a great Stellar Data Recovery alternative you can get your hands on. The tool allows the recovery of files and folders from different partitions separately, as well as recover data from removable USB flash drives or external hard drives. There is no limit to the amount of data you can recover from Advanced Disk Recovery. All you have to do is install the tool on your Windows PC, start scanning the preferred drive for deleted files, and then recover them in a new location.
Here’s how Advanced Disk recovery works:
Step 1: Download Advanced Disk Recovery
Step 2: Select the storage area which you want to scan for deleted files. Choose between whether it’s an internal hard drive, a removable drive, or a CD.
Step 3: Select the drive you wish to scan from the second drop-down menu to Select Drive.
Step 4: Click Start Scan Now.
Step 5: Select between Quick and Deep Scan. The Deep Scan options perform a more thorough scan on the drive to bring out all files that can be recovered. We recommend you use the same.
Step 6: Once the selected drive is scanned, you can head for a Preview of files that are available for recovery, or just head to directly Recover after selecting the important files you need back.
Step 7: Specify the storage area you want the files back in; don’t recover the files in the drive which is being scanned.
Step 8: Finish after you’ve viewed the report for the recovery files.
- Compatible with all Windows version down the line to Windows 7
- Allows two types of scan; recommends a deep scan for better and more comprehensive recovery.
- Allows preview of files before recovery
- Recover files from external storage devices
- Intuitive interface and easy navigation through the process of recovery.
- Can’t work on more than one device
- Deep Scan sometimes takes a bit longer than usual.
- Can’t preview files in the trial version
3. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
Another renowned data recovery software in the software solutions segment, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard has to be the next in line with alternatives to Stellar Data Recovery. It has a great scanning engine that can root out unintentionally deleted files from both internal and external hard drives, and also recover boatloads of data from formatted disk drives as well.
An efficient data recovery software like Stellar Data Recovery Wizard, EaseUS also recovers data from lost partitions, emptied recycle bin, and virus-affected folders or drives. The alternative to Stella Data Recovery, EaseUS supports multiple file formats and is also feasible for macOS (though the Mac counterpart is branded and sold separately).
– Supports recovery of multiple file formats.
– Can work on recovery under many fie systems such as FAT, NTPS, EXFAT, NTFS5, etc.
– There’s no limit to the amount of data that can be recovered.
-Also support the recovery of email data from Outlook/Outlook Express.
– Users can preview data before recovery.
– Powered by 256-bit SSL security.
4. Disk Drill
Disk Drill is yet another professional-grade tool meant for recovering deleted or lost data from disk drives. This equally effective Stellar Data Recovery alternative is one of the few tools in this segment that allows a free data recovery upto 500MB before the user makes a purchase.
Besides recovering data from formatted or wiped outdrives, this alternative to Stellar Data Recovery also offers a feature to protect selected data and mark it for permanent undeletion. This way, chances of a user unintentionally deleting files will never arise.
Moreover, Disk Drill can also recover data from mounted external devices including
external drives, USB drives, and in some cases, Kindle and iPods.
– Recover ZIP files via Deep Scan
– Support recovery in all file systems including FAT, NTFS, and EXT4.
– Can recover data from emptied recycle bin and from SD cards mounted in Cameras.
– Saves scanning results in real-time; so, if your scan is stopped by chance, you can start the recovery from the last saved checkpoint.
Recuva is one of the most efficacious Stellar Data Recovery alternatives, offering two different data recovery packages in two separate products. Recuva on one hand is a free version of a file recovery software, Recuva Professional offers a paid premium support with file recovery over multiple platforms and removable devices.
Recuva Professional is the most popular among the two variants, given its extended support to different file types and systems for recovering lost data on system folders. Recuva Professional is also capable of recovering files in a situation of a system crash.
– Recuva Professional is recommended over Recuva due to extended features.
– Support recovery over system drives, removable devices, and recycle bins.
– Can recover data from formatted disk drives, but not of the drives are re-written.
– Can recover unsaved Word documents.
– Has a built-in data shredder, which securely removes unwanted data, making it unrecoverable.
– Recuva Professional supports interface in over 30 languages, thus catering to a wider audience.
These are the top 4 alternatives to Stellar Data Recovery. Among these data recovery software, Advanced Disk recovery is your best choice to get back all the lost data over system files and folders. Given the easy navigation, one can easily comprehend the tool even he/she isn’t someone typically labeled as “tech-savvy”.
Moreover, Advanced Disk Recovery has the competency to deep scan entombed files and folders on both drives and removable storage devices, thus, making it more compatible to the users in case they need a file recovery software alternative to Stellar Data Recovery.