Losing your valuable files can be your worst nightmare coming true. There can be various situations wherein you lose your data; it could be due to system failure, corrupted hardware, and accidentally deleted files. If you have created a backup for your files, you needn’t worry, but what if you have no backup? Tried all other measures but in vain? Then, you need to get the best paid & free file recovery software for Windows 10.
It will help you retrieve your files. These file recovery tools search for traces of deleted files on your computer and bring back your invaluable files.
Note: If you have lost your file, it is advised not to perform the copy, move and cut operations on the drive, as the deleted data could be overwritten and therefore becomes hard to recover.
Our Top 3 Choices – Must Try File Recovery Tools For Windows
Advanced Disk Recovery
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional
Stellar Data Recovery Professional
12 Best Free File Recovery Software for Windows 10 (2020)
There are a lot of recovery software for PC available in the market. We will discuss the best file recovery software for Windows 10, 8, 7.
1. Advanced Disk Recovery
Want to get back your permanently deleted files from your hard drive or removable drive, then your search is over. Advanced Disk Recovery is one of the recommended file recovery software which can swiftly get back your lost files. To know more about this recovery software, let’s check out the features:
HIGHLIGHTS: Advanced Disk Recovery
- With a simple interface, it makes easy for the distressful user to get its files back.
- Be it small txt file or a video, photo or any other document, the tool can recover it all.
- Comes with two types of scans: Quick and Deep Scan, for you to choose as per your needs.
This professional data recovery software for Windows 10 allows you to suspend a search (Deep Scan) for some time and save it. You can resume the session whenever you want. Read the Advanced Disk Recovery Review in detail
Download Advanced Disk Recover Tool Now-
2. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional
Lost files after an update or upgrade, or accidentally deleted files, don’t worry, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional can help you with that. This recovery tool for Windows 10 quickly brings back your deleted files. Let’s check out the features:
HIGHLIGHTS: EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional
- Allows you to recover all types of files, be it office documents, videos, photos, emails, text files and more.
- Retrieves deleted files even from formatted, corrupted, crashed or even infected hard drive.
- Recovers deleted files even from emptied the Recycle Bin.
The file recovery software can restore your files from raw or inaccessible/raw partition or disk. The tool will get your deleted files in just three simple steps.
3. Stellar Data Recovery Professional
One of the best file recovery software, Stellar Data Recovery Professional enables you to recover your data from laptops, computers, external hard drives and more effortlessly. To know more about this recovery tool, let us discuss the features in detail:
HIGHLIGHTS: Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- The tool recovers any and all types of files by using the file signature.
- After the scan, it shows all the deleted files in a tree view so that you can preview the files that you want to recover.
- This recovery software can retrieve files from corrupt, scratched or partially burnt optical media along with the original name and folder structure of recovered data.
This amazing tool allows you to create an image of an entire disk, logical partitions in the hard disk or other removable drives, which helps a speedy recovery.
Lost files or deleted them accidentally? Not to worry, Recuva will help you get your files back in no time. Be it your PC, digital camera, recycle bin or an MP3 player, you can restore your files, provided they have not been overwritten. Let’s take a look at the features of Recuva:
- Recovers pictures, documents, music, videos and other file types from your hard disk or removable disk.
- Recovers files from damaged or recently formatted drives.
- With advanced deep mode, it searches your drives for traces of the deleted files.
Recuva is a tool which keeps your files gone for good. With secure overwrite feature which uses industry and military standard technique to delete, it can be done.
5. Wise Data Recovery
Wise Data Recovery is the best professional file recovery software which undeletes photos, documents, emails, videos, and more from your hard drive, and removable drivers. It supports to retrieve data from FAT, exFAT, and NTFS disk. Let’s know more about it
HIGHLIGHTS: Wise Data Recovery
- Allows you to choose the file types that you want to recover before starting the scanning process.
- Along with the scan for lost files, it also tells you the possibilities to undelete the lost files.
- The file recovery software comes in a portable version, which means, you don’t have to install it to get back your deleted files.
This tool is light on resources and is available all versions of Windows from XP to Windows 10.
6. MiniTool Power Data Recovery
A great way to get permanently deleted is by using best powerful file recovery software for Windows 10. What is a better tool than MiniTool Power Data Recovery! It can recover files from HDD, SSD along with external hard drives. Let’s know more about it:
HIGHLIGHTS: MiniTool Power Data Recovery
- Recovers files types of all kinds including word doc, images, PDFs, notes, emails, XML and more.
- Restores permanently deleted files from formatted or corrupted hard drives.
- Get back files lost even after OS crash or virus invasion.
This deleted file recovery software can also retrieve data corrupted or lost in logical errors and physical damage of a hard drive. Recovers files in just three simple steps.
Yet another deleted files recovery software, Freeundelete successfully can restore files from your Windows system including the recycle bin. Also, the files recovered are saved in a different location to make sure the deleted files are not overwritten. Let’s know more about FreeUndelete
- Restores files from NTFS,including file systems FAT32, FAT16 or FAT12.
- Supports Windows XP, Windows 7, 2000, NT4, Windows 2003 server, Windows 2008 Server.
- The tool is easy to use and has a simple interface.
Freeundelete is available for free if you want this tool for personal use. You can download and install it in a removable drive and run to get back your files.
8. Disk Drill
Disk Drill is one of the professional file recovery software which allows you to undelete your files even from emptied Recycle Bin. All you need is to remember not to perform any operations on the drive from where you have deleted files. Let’s take a look at the features of Disk Drill:
HIGHLIGHTS: Disk Drill
- Be it recovering deleted documents such as word, pptx, or excel, photos, gifs, audios or videos and more, the tool can handle it.
- Supports file systems including FAT, NTFS, HFS+ and ExFAT file systems.
- Comes with powerful Quick scan and Deep scan, lost partition search, catalog rebuild along with other file recovery algorithm.
With Recovery Vault data protection and restoration mechanism, the tool ensures that you never lose again. It keeps records of deleted files and marks & saves invisible copies of the files in case you want to recover files.
9. ADRC Recovery Tool
ADRC Recovery tool is a efficient file recovery software which supports a huge variety of file systems and drives. The tool comes with a simple intuitive interface, making it easy to use. Let’s know more about ADRC Recovery Tool:
HIGHLIGHTS: ADRC Recovery Tool
- Comes with recovery functions with minimum complexities so that people can recover files with ease.
- Allows you to undelete files, restore a backup image, disk image backup, copy files from hard disk with bad sectors, backup, disk cloning and restore your boot parameters.
- Create and write disk image files to and from hard drives and removable drives
This data recovery software for Windows 10 restores files from disk even with physical damage.
10. PC Inspector File Recovery
PC Inspector File Recovery is a data recovery software for PC which supports file systems including FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS. It can recover photos, videos, audios, and documents. Let’s take a look at the features of this software:
HIGHLIGHTS: PC Inspector File Recovery
- Retrieves files with original time and stamp.
- Locates partitions automatically, even when the boot sector of FAT is damaged or deleted.
- Recovers files, even if a header entry is not available.
This good file recovery software is free to download and install, that means you get your files back without any cost.
11. SoftPerfect File Recovery
Another best recovery software for PC, SoftPerfect File Recovery is a free and simple tool which can help you get back your lost files in no time. It is a portable software, therefore, no installation needed. Let’s know about this tool:
HIGHLIGHTS: SoftPerfect File Recovery
- Simple, free to use tool
- Supports compressed and encrypted volumes, file systems such as FAT32, FAT16,FAT12, NTFS, and NTFS5.
- Works on all versions of Windows, be it Windows XP or Windows 10.
The file recovery tool is capable of retrieving your data from hard drives, flash drives, SD cards, floppy disk, and other storage device.
12. Glary Undelete
Glary Undelete is a recovery software for Windows 10 which is capable of undelete files from hard disks, memory card, SD card, flash drive and more. To know more about Glary Undelete, let’s check out its features:
HIGHLIGHTS: Glary Undelete
- Supports various file systems including EFS, FAT, NTFS, FAT, irrespective of it being fragmented or encrypted.
- Allows you to filter results according to name, size, creation date and more.
- The tool is free, powerful and simple to use solution
Gary Undelete shows possibilities of recovering files while scanning the disk.
What is the best file recovery software in 2020
Well, each of the mentioned file recovery tools is one of its kind. But when it comes to choosing the best for you, you must go for Advanced Disk Recovery tool to recover your deleted files back. It quickly undeletes files from laptops, computers, external hard drives, and removable devices, irrespective of the file type.
So, this is the list of best file recovery software for Windows, choose any of the tools to recover files from computers, hard disk, or removable storage device.
Which software would you like to choose to undelete files? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Which Is The Best Free Software To Recover Deleted Files?
Well, all of the choices listed above works amazingly when at their tasks to retrieve lost & deleted data without any hassles. But if you are looking for free software? Choose none-other than Recuva. It can recover files from hard drives, external drives, memory cards & other storage devices.
Q2. Can I Still Recover My Files From Formatted Device?
Well, chances are relatively thin, but you can certainly rely on these Best File Recovery Tools for Windows PC to get your lost files back. If you ask us, we recommend trying Advanced Disk Recovery in such a scenario.
Q3. Is SD Data Recovery Possible?
Well, here’s a list of dedicated Paid & Free SD Card Recovery Software that can help you recover lost photos, videos, documents, archives & other data. Try these solutions and let us know your experience in the comments section below!