We often transfer photos from our Android smartphones to computers with the intent to free up space on our phones so that we can capture more images. In the same way, you might even transfer some photos back from your computer to your Android smartphone so that you can carry the desired memories anywhere. But what if you lost some pictures during the transfer? It might sound impossible, but some users have gone through this ordeal.
And, if you are in that situation where you have lost precious photos during transfer and have nearly lost hopes of getting them back, hang on! Because in this post, we are going to discuss some practical ways in which you can recover photos deleted during the transfer from phone to PC.
Probable Scenario Where You Might Lose Photos During Transfer
– While transferring photos from an Android smartphone to a PC, you disconnected the cable.
– While transferring photos from the SD card, you abruptly removed the SD card.
– You were transferring images from a corrupted SD card.
– Your PC crashed while the transfer was taking place.
– You powered off the PC or Android smartphone shutdown when the transfer occurred.
Ways To Recover Photos Deleted During Transfer From Phone to PC or Vice Versa
Use A Third-Party Utility
If you have lost photos during the transfer from PC to phone or vice-versa, using recovery software or app is the best bet since these utilities have a high recovery rate. This means you can rest assured that you will most likely be able to recover photos, and that too with their original quality. Photos Recovery from Systweak Software is one such tool. It is available both as a Windows utility and an Android app. Let’s look at how Photos Recovery can increase your chances of recovering deleted photos on Android and PC.
How To Use Photos Recovery To Recover Deleted Photos on Windows?
1. Download, install and run Photos Recovery on your Windows PC.
2. Select the drive you want to scan for lost photos.
3. Select the mode of the scan, i.e., Quick Scan or Deep Scan and then click on the Start Scan button from the bottom and wait for the process to complete. In case photos have been deleted using the shift + delete operation, you can opt for the Quick Scan method; however, if you have lost photos to a malware attack or data corruption, a detailed sector-wise scanning might be required, and the Deep Scan mode will be a better option in that case.
4. From the list of photos, check mark the images you want to recover and see if you can preview them.
5. Once you have selected the photos, click on the blue-colored Recover button from the bottom-right corner of the interface.
6. Select the location where you want to save the photos. We recommend that you choose a location other than the one from where the photos were lost initially to avoid overwriting images, in which case, you might not be able to recover them again.
How To Use Photos Recovery App To Recover Deleted Photos on Android?
1. Install the Photos Recovery app from the Google Play Store
2. Click on the Start Scan button.
3. Give permission by tapping on Allow.
4. Wait for the scan to get over.
5. Select the folder from where you want to recover deleted photos.
6. Select the images that you want to recover.
7. Tap on the down arrow key at the upper right corner of the app.
8. You can find all your recovered photos in the below-mentioned folder of your phone’s file folder (in Samsung, it is called My Files)
You can read an in-depth review of Photos Recovery for Android, where we have detailed all its features and other aspects.
Other Ways To Recover Photos Lost During Transfer –
– Check Backups
Many of us are prudent users aware that data loss can happen anytime. As a result, many of us create regular data backups. We have already discussed step-by-step ways to make an automatic backup on Windows, or you can even take the help of backup software for Windows. You can check your backup and retrieve photos you lost during transfer from PC to phone or vice versa.
– Check The Recycle Bin and The Trash Bin of Your Phone
If you are in luck, you will find the deleted photos either in your computer’s recycle bin or the Trash Bin of your Android smartphone.
In the end, we’d again like to reinstate that if you have lost precious memories and want to recover photos deleted during the transfer from a PC to a smartphone or vice-versa, the best bet is to utilize a photo recovery tool. We’d urge you to use it instantly soon after you have realized that you have deleted photos. If this post has proved helpful, share your success in the comments section below and share this post with others who might be going through the same issue. For more such information, stay tuned to WeTheGeek.