Unable to open the PC Health Check app on your Windows 10/11 computer and want to fix the issue? You’ve come to the right place. Before diving straight into the fixes to resolve the issue, let’s get a brief overview of what this app is all about.
PC Health Check App – An Overview
The PC Health Check app is a helpful addition to Windows. It gives you comprehensive up-to-date information on your PC’s health, checks your hard drive’s health, and helps you troubleshoot any performance-related issues.
From one dashboard you can ascertain if your PC needs updates if you need to manage your storage, optimize your battery, and many such aspects. For Windows 10 users who aspire to upgrade to Windows 11, the PC Health Check app can let them know if their PC is Windows 11 ready or not.
What If PC Health Check App Is Not Opening/ Working On My Windows PC?
1. Restart The Computer
Restarting the computer often resolves different kinds of issues by getting rid of caches and corrupt system files which might be interfering with the application. So, restart your computer and try running the PC Health Check app once again.
2. Repair PC Health Check App
If the PC Health Check app refuses to open on your Windows PC, you can try repairing the app. For many users, this workaround helped fix the issue. Here are the steps to repair the app –
- Open Control Panel by searching for it in the Windows search bar.
- When the Control Panel opens, click on Windows PC Health Check.
- Select Repair from the top and follow the on-screen instruction.
Now, check if the Windows PC Health Check app is opening and working fine. If not, move on to the next method.
3. Restore PC Health Check To the Previous Version
If for some reason, the current version of the PC Health Check app has stopped working, one way to fix this is to revert it to a previous version. For this simply right-click on the PC Health Check app and then select, Restore previous versions.
4. Perform Clean Boot
It could be that there are some apps on your PC which are interfering with the PC Health Check app because of which it is not working. Performing a Clean Boot can be a useful step in this case. To do that –
- Open the Run dialog box.
- Type ms config and press Enter.
- Click on the Services tab and at the bottom, click on the checkbox that says Hide all Microsoft services.
- Click on the Startup tab and then click on Open Task Manager.
- Now the Startup tab will open in the Task Manager. Have a look at the apps and identify those which you think might be interfering with the PC Health Check app.
- Select each of these apps one by one, right-click on them and select Disable.
- Close the Task Manager and again head back to System Configuration.
- Click on OK to save the changes.
- Restart your computer.
Again launch the PC Health Check app after your computer reboots and see if it is opening and working fine.
5. Run SFC Scan
Another reason why the PC Health Check app is not working or not opening could be because there are corrupt system files. There are two ways to deal with such files. (i) Use the SFC command in the Command Prompt and (ii) Use a dedicated tool to not just get rid of corrupt system files but various other issues that are stopping the PC Health Check app to function properly.
(i) Run The SFC Command
- Type Cmd in the Windows search bar and select Run as administrator from the right-hand side to open the Administrative Command Prompt.
- When the Command Prompt window opens, type SFC /scannow and hit the Enter.
- Let the scan complete and see if running this scan helps resolve the issue if not you can try out a dedicated third-party tool like Advanced System Optimizer.
(ii) Use An Optimization and Cleanup Tool Like Advanced System Optimizer
A Windows optimization tool like Advanced System Optimizer is not just great for your PC’s optimization needs but it can also help you get rid of corrupt system files and other system-related issues. Let’s give you a glimpse of how Advanced System Optimizer can help you fix a variety of PC-related issues –
- Download, install and run Advanced System Optimizer.
- Click on Smart PC Care from the left-hand pane.
- From the right-hand side, click on Start Scan.
- Once the scan is over and issues are listed, click on the Optimize button and follow the on-screen instructions.
After seeing the glimpse, you might want to see the complete tool in action and delve deeper into its various aspects, right? Here is our inside-out review of Advanced System Optimizer.
Is The PC Health Check App Working Now On Your System?
If yes, do let us know which of the above solutions worked out for you. And, if you have another solution up your sleeves, share it with us in the comment section below. For more such tech-related content – how-to’s, tips and tricks, software and app listicles, and other fun tech stuff, keep reading WeTheGeek.