Blog Summary – Find out how to install macOS Ventura public beta on your Mac and test the new features in the latest macOS before it launches.
Since Ventura was announced in the WWDC 2022, Mac users have had high hopes for it. Many eagerly wait to test the features and functions of the new macOS. However, before Apple releases the latest macOS for all its devices, it gets into the testing phase. Many developer beta updates are available, but a macOS Ventura public beta download was recently made available. All the users willing to test it out early and comprehend the possible bugs can experiment. Downloading macOS Ventura is pretty easy, and we will guide you through the process.
Is Your Mac Compatible With Ventura?
Before you start the steps below, it is crucial to find out if your Mac is compatible with the macOS Ventura. Therefore, we have listed out the names for your Mac device compatibility –
- iMac 2017 and later
- Mac Pro 2019 and later
- iMac Pro 2017
- Mac Studio 2022
- MacBook Air 2018 and later
- Mac mini 2018 and later
- MacBook Pro 2017 and later
- MacBook 2017 and later
Now, you know how to check the compatibility of your device before you start downloading the macOS Ventura public beta. Next, we will discuss the steps required before the new macOS version is installed on your Mac.
Take A Backup Of Your Data –
It is advised to take a backup of your Mac before you move forward with the steps to download the macOS Ventura public beta version. You can use the inbuilt Time Machine to take a backup on an external drive or help from the third-party Mac backup applications.
How To Download macOS Ventura Public Beta Version
1. To get macOS Ventura download, you need to be enrolled in the Apple Beta Software Program. Use your Apple ID to Sign in to become a member
If you are already a member, click the Sign in button instead. Or use the Sign Up button and enter your Apple ID and password, and proceed with agreement for the terms and conditions.
2. Once you are done with the Sign-up, continue with the enrollment process as you land on the Guide to Public Beta page. Here click the macOS, and you will be able to see the With Enroll your devices option macOS Ventura public beta download.
3. Go to the Get Started section, which shows the Enroll you Mac button. Click on it.
4. Click on the option – Download the macOS Public Beta Access Utility.
A pop-up message appears; you need to permit it by clicking on the Allow button.
5. A Dmg file named macOSPublicBetaAccessUtility.dmg will be downloaded, and you need to double-click to open it.
Here you will find a .pkg installer file to start the installation. It will ask you to accept the License agreement; click on Agree, and then click on the Install button.
6. You are required to enter your Admin password if a prompt message appears. After this, the installation process will begin. Once the Utility disk image is installed, you can move to the next step.
7. The System Preferences> Software Update option will appear, and you can see the macOS Public Beta and Upgrade button in front of it. Click on it to begin the macOS Ventura beta download.
8. It takes a short while, depending on your internet connection speed. Once it is complete, you need to restart your Mac.
9. macOS 13 installer shall be launched automatically after the restart. If you do not see this right after restarting your Mac, go to the Applications folder to run it.
Follow the on-screen instructions and continue to install the beta version of macOS Ventura on the selected drive.
10. Restart your Mac once the beta installation on your Mac is completed.
Your Mac is ready to work on the macOS Ventura, and you can test the new features. For further updates, you can go to the Software Update and click on the Update button whenever available.
Wrapping up –
Now, you know that enrolling in the Apple Beta Software Program is also available for public use and is not limited to developers. The Public Beta can help the tech enthusiast in you to enjoy the latest macOS before the final release. With the Apple Beta Software Program, you can also access the latest version for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. Users can also submit feedback to Apple after using the Feedback Assistant.
We hope the article was helpful for you in finding out how to install the macOS Ventura public beta. We would like to know your views on this post to make it more useful. Your suggestions and comments are welcome in the comment section below. Share the information with your friends and others by sharing the article on social media.
We love to hear from you!
We are on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Let us know of any queries or suggestions. We love to get back to you with a solution. We regularly post tips, tricks, and answers to common technology-related issues.
Frequently Asked Questions –
Q1. What is the difference between public beta and developers beta?
While Developers Beta Preview is available with the Developer Program by Apple. The developers enrolled under this program receive more updates frequently, which is not the same as the public beta macOS version.
Q2. Is it safe to install the macOS public beta?
macOS Public beta downloaded from the authorized Apple website is safe. However, expect a few glitches and bugs that might slow your Mac speed, and the program is still under testing mode.
Related Topics –
How To Clean Junk Files With Advanced PC Cleanup
How To Recover Deleted Restore Points In Windows 11/10
10 Best CPU Benchmark Software For Windows 2022
How to Fix Slow Internet Speed Issue on Windows 11?
10 Best Disk Management Software for Windows 10, 8, 7 (2022)