It is important to maintain your computer, and removing unwanted folders and files is a part of PC maintenance. This helps free up unnecessary occupied storage space and also speeds up the computer. Removing unwanted apps also helps in less usage of your RAM, which means more memory is available. Thus we can conclude that uninstalling apps and cleaning old download files can directly result in more storage space and more memory for your PC. This guide will explain how to uninstall apps and clean downloads on your Windows 10 PC.
How To Uninstall Apps And Clean Old Downloads In Windows 10?
There are two ways to uninstall apps on your computer and remove old downloads:
- Using a Software
If you prefer using the former, then know this, it would consume considerable time and effort, and you would not achieve 100% success. The reasons behind this are:
- Locating old downloads manually isn’t easy.
- Manually uninstalling apps leaves leftovers and this can lead to a registry error, Dll issues, and even clutters hard disk space on your PC.
Hence, the easiest way to fix these problems and uninstall applications is to use Advanced PC Cleanup. This ultimate PC optimization tool helps uninstall applications without leaving leftovers. Furthermore, using it you can fix invalid registry entries, protect the system from malware infections, stay guarded against Identity theft, and more. To learn more about this tool click here.
Option 1: Use The Manual Method
To remove any app on Windows 10 PC, you can opt for Microsoft’s tool by using these steps.
Step 1: Launch the RUN box by using Windows + R.
Step 2: In the RUN box type, “appwiz.cpl” and hit the Enter key.
Step 3: The Programs & Features window will appear, displaying the alphabetically sorted list of all applications installed on your computer. Select the app you want to delete and click on the Uninstall button next to the top row’s Organise option.
Step 4: Carry out the on-screen instructions, and the app will be deleted from your PC.
Note: There is no app or tool to clean downloads from your system. Check the Downloads folder and delete any file you do not require by selecting it and pressing the delete button on your keyboard. However, sometimes the files are downloaded in other folders as well, and it is not feasible to check every drive and folder on your computer.
Option 2: Use Advanced PC Cleanup
Another way to delete apps and clean old downloads on Windows 11/10 PC is to use professional software like Advanced PC Cleanup. This application is a complete PC optimizer that can carry out various maintenance tasks on your computer, including cleaning downloads and uninstalling apps completely. Use the following steps to use Advance PC Cleanup:
Step 1: Download Advanced PC Cleanup on your system from the official website or click on the link below.
Step 2: Install the program and launch it open.
Step 3: Click on the Uninstall Apps tab on the left panel and remove the redundant apps by clicking on the trash bin icon.
Step 4: Finally, click on the Old Downloads tab in the left panel to display a list of all the old files on your PC. This makes it easy to view all the old downloads under one interface to select the ones you do not need and click on the Clean Now button.
Other Important Features Of Advanced PC Cleanup
Advanced PC Cleanup is a complete suite of small optimization tools, and removing apps and cleaning download files are just a couple of tasks that this app can perform. Other features include the following:
- One-Click Care: One-Click Care is for quick cleaning of the entire PC without getting into too many details.
- Junk Cleaner: FreeS up your storage space that has been occupied by files that are not needed and deemed Junk.
- Temporary Files: One more option to recover valuable storage software by removing files that are no longer needed.
- Registry Cleaner: All your computer settings are stored in the Registry, which acts as a database. This tool will remove all the old, corrupt, and incomplete entries from the registry.
- Startup Manager: Have you noticed that some applications start up when you reboot the computer? This app helps to remove apps from startup and speed up booting time.
- Malware Protection: This application also works as an antimalware app and removes malware from your system.
- Identity Traces: This program helps the users delete all the identity traces stored while browsing the internet.
Final Word: How To Uninstall Apps And Clean Old Downloads In Windows 10?
It has become absolutely important to remove unwanted apps and clean downloads from your PC to ensure your system’s smooth, flawless performance. The manual method is time-consuming, and work requires certain skills to carry it out. The results after the enormous effort will not be 100%, and thus it is recommended by experts to use third-party software that will facilitate these tasks with ease.