If you find that your Windows, Mac, or Android devices never have space for media files, join the club! The good news is if you know what’s taking up storage space, recovering valuable space on these devices becomes easy.
Worry not; as you finish reading this article, all your questions will be answered.
Most people don’t believe it, and they stop reading. But trust me, once you read this post till the end, you’ll never spend unnecessarily on buying additional storage space.
There’s no understanding of the solution to the problem without understanding the players in the game.
What takes unnecessary storage space on Windows, Mac, and Android?
- Junk Files
- Duplicate backups
- Duplicate photos, videos, music, and other duplicate data
- Too many programs installed on your PC
So, what is the solution?
In simple words, deduplicating data is the answer. This means extra copies of the same data leaving only one copy of each, should be stored on the system.
This sounds too simple, right? But how will you identify duplicate data? Do you know the locations where it is stored? Do you have time to sift through each folder manually?
If the answer is No to the questions, read further. Here we explain how to find and delete duplicates quickly.
But before that, let’s know the harm duplicates can cause and how a duplicate file finder tool will help deal with it.
Disadvantages Of Duplicate Data
- Occupies valuable disk space
- Slows down the system
- Makes tracing original files difficult and time-consuming
- Time wastage
- Unable to find required data timely
- Exceeds free storage limit, thus forces you to buy additional iCloud space or space on Google Drive.
- Managing the library becomes difficult
Benefits Of Removing Duplicates
- Helps recover valuable disk space
- Makes organizing and managing data easy
- Saves time
- Better overview of data storage on the system
Advantages of Using Duplicate Files Fixer
- Speeds up the device’s performance
- Sort out and organizes existing media files
- Enhance hard disk space
- Find and remove duplicates easily
How to Clear Duplicates Automatically Without Deleting Important Data?
Finding and removing duplicates using Duplicate Files Fixer is very easy. This powerful tool searches files by content. This means it accurately detects duplicates.
Duplicate Files Fixer doesn’t compare files by name. Instead, it checks each file byte to byte. To know more about the tool, read our complete review.
To use this software, follow the steps below:
1. Download and install Duplicate Files Fixer.
2. Once downloaded, double click downloaded file and install the awesome duplicate finder tool.
3. Now drag or drop the folder or click Add the Folder to scan for a duplicate.
4. After adding the folder to scan, click Scan for Duplicates
Note: Duplicate Files Fixer also scans external drives for duplicate files like music, audio, document photos, etc.
5. Wait for the scan to finish.
6. Preview scanned files. To do so, select the file. Now in the right pane, you will see the preview image along with file properties.
7. Select files to delete. You can do this manually or can use the Automark feature. This will help automatically select files, leaving one copy in each group unmarked.
8. Once the selection is made, click Delete Marked.
You’ll now have enough storage space on your machine.
Note: Deleted files are moved to Recycle Bin. If you are sure and don’t want the files empty Recycle Bin, this will help recover more space.
To make changes to product settings, click Settings at the top right corner > Settings.
Choose the changes you want to make.
Moreover, you can change the language of the product also.
You’re Done! No More Storage Space Issues
After this process, your device will work seamlessly, and you will have room for important documents, videos, and photos.
However, if you think rather than buy Duplicate Files Fixer, getting additional storage space is best. You are wrong. With time as people will save more and more data, they will run left and right to get more space. But you won’t be amongst them, as you know what takes storage space and how to manage it. Using Duplicate Files Fixer, you will be able to clean duplicates and manage data efficiently.
Hope we made our point. Thank you for reading the post; please do leave us your feedback in the comments section.