Every year Windows 10 comes with an upgrade, which brings a lot of new features. It also fixes a lot of security vulnerability issues. Therefore, upgrading Windows 10 is a must. After doing so, you might notice approx. 15-20 GB disk space missing from your disk. Well, don’t panic, it is normal to get your hard drive get occupied after Windows upgrade. You can free up disk space on Windows 10 by using Disk Cleanup, a native app of Windows 10.
However, you must know which files to delete. Therefore, to scrutinize your search and deep cleaning you must have an optimization tool. One such tool, Advanced System Optimizer, allows you to clear your disk space and boost your system performance.
In this post, how to deal with low disk space after Windows 10 upgrade using Windows Disk Utility and Advanced System Optimizer.
Also Read: best Program for Cleaning PC
How This Much Space Is Occupied After Upgrade?
During an upgrade, your Windows PC saves previous installation files to give you an alternative for going back to your previous operating system. It could take up to 20GB space on your system, which could be a major concern if you have lesser memory hard disk. So, if you don’t wish to go back, you can remove those files and free up disk space on your disk.
Free Up Disk Space After Windows 10 Upgrade:
Note: Don’t perform these steps, if you wish to restore the older version of Windows on your computer.
Method 1: Cleaning Disk using Disk Cleanup
To get back those lost GBs on your hard drive using Disk Cleanup, follow these steps:
- Press Windows and R to get Run Window and type cleanmgr
- From the next window, select the drive and press OK.
- The utility will search and shows all the unwanted cache files on your Windows.
- For more, click Clean up system files.
Depending on the data, the cleanup tool will take time to scan for system files.
It will come up with Previous Windows installation files along with other temporary and unwanted Windows files. Now put a checkmark beside all the items given in the list and click “OK” to free up disk space on Windows 10 fast.
Method 2: Advanced System Optimizer – Use Third-Party App to Free up Disk Space
To optimize your computer to regain space on your computer and manage disk space, you must get Advanced System Optimizer. This PC optimizer can clean your hard drive by removing all the redundant and useless files, boosting your PC’s performance.
Other Features that Make it Worth
With the removal of unwanted files, you get a decluttered disk with fewer system crashes. The tool also has game optimizer, which makes your gaming experience uninterrupted. No messages, emails or notifications to distract you while playing games.
It also works as a driver updater and contributes to a steady system state. It checks and installs updates of drivers with ease.
This disk cleaner & optimizer also works as Registry Optimizer. It removes corrupted registry and invalid entries. Also, it keeps an eye for malicious threats such as adware, spyware, malware, etc. and removes them if present. Also, keeps your confidential data from prying eyes.
With disk optimization feature, it keeps the disk defragmented, so that files will load faster, leading into lower failure rates.
With all these features, it is a power-packed tool which optimizes, manages and protects your computer in all ways.
Free up Disk Space In No Time
To regain GBs of data on your computer by using Advanced System Optimizer, follow these steps:
- Download and install Advanced System Optimizer
- Launch the app and click Start Smart PC Scan to start the scan to look out for all issues.
To clear space, follow these steps:
- On Advanced System Optimizer, click Disk Cleaner and Optimizer tab from the left side of the pane.
- Once you are on the tab, navigate to System Cleaner and click it.
- You will get two tabs Regular and Advanced to choose the method to run a scan.
- Click Regular to scan the system for temp and obsolete files on your system, wherein, the Advanced scan will scrutinize the computer in depth.
- Choose any of the two, click Start Scan. It will scan and display results.
- Check the results and click on Clean system to remove all the obsolete files.
So, these are two methods to clean system files and get rid of low disk space. Doing it manually can do harm and take time, therefore, using optimizing tool, Advanced System Optimizer will solve a lot of purposes. It is a comprehensive tool which allows you to manage, optimize and protect your computer.