Do you see an adware – ecp.yusercontent.com on your computer which seems to take over the browser? Ecp.yusercontent.com is recognized as an Internet browser hijacker that gets installed on your system without any prior notice. This harmful virus relentlessly infects your system files and alters the way you operate the device or stops it from working altogether. Ecp.yusercontent.com malware makes your PC perform sluggishly since it uses maximum resources by running malicious processes in the background.
|TYPE:||Browser hijacker, Potentially unwanted program|
|RELATED URL:||“Aborted Connection on ecp.yusercontent.com — Infected with URL: Phishing” alert|
|SOLUTION:||If you are continuously redirected to other domain unexpectedly and experiencing slow PC performance, run a malware scan with Systweak Antivirus to automatically fix malicious damage caused by Ecp.yusercontent.com|
Must-Read: How To Protect Your Privacy On Tor Browser?
How To Remove Ecp.yusercontent.com Virus From Your Computer?
We are sharing two different methods to remove this annoying Ecp.yusercontent.com malicious code from your computer. You can follow any of the workarounds mentioned below to get rid of the problem.
METHOD 1 – Automatic Way – Running Deep Malware Scanning
The use of reliable and trustworthy security software like Systweak Antivirus is one of the best bets to fix issues related to Ecp.yusercontent.com. The antivirus uses advanced mechanisms to detect and remove both new and existing threats from Windows PC to provide users with completely safe to use computers. Systweak Antivirus offers a robust scanning engine that not only helps in detecting and removing Ecp.yusercontent.com but also other kinds of malware such as Trojan, Worms, Rootkits, Adware, Spyware, Virus & Ransomware.
STEP 1- Install Systweak Antivirus on your Windows PC. It is compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7, and other popular versions.
STEP 2- Systweak Antivirus comes with Quick, Deep, and Custom Scanning modes for speedy yet powerful in-depth scanning. We suggest running a Deep Scan so that it can detect almost every copy of Ecp.yusercontent.com virus hiding in different places on the PC.
Watch this video to know how effective Deep Malware Scanning is!
STEP 3- As soon as Systweak Antivirus lists all the potentially harmful threats, simply click on Protect Now button to eliminate all the issues and give your PC and data 360-degree protection!
METHOD 2- Manual Way – Through Browser Cleanup, Control Panel & Windows Registry Editor
Note: Manual way can certainly be a real pain if you are a novice user. Some steps require in-depth technical knowledge to remove Ecp.yusercontent.com
Follow the step-by-step procedure to manually get rid of Ecp.yusercontent.com virus threat from your Windows 10 PC and other versions:
STEP 1- Boot your computer in Safe Mode. You need to restart your PC and open the boot menu option. Keep pressing the F8 key, until the system boots and Windows Advanced Options appear on your screen.
STEP 2- Select the Safe Mode option. You need to use the arrow keys to navigate to the option and hit the Enter button.
STEP 3- Now that you have entered into Safe Mode, you need to start eliminating the potential threat Ecp.yusercontent.com from all your installed web browsers.
STEP 4- Google Chrome users need to do the following:
- Launch Chrome browser and hit the Menu icon, located at the top-right corner.
- From the list of options, you need to select More Tools.
- Choose Extensions and locate irrelevant items.
- If you find any related entry to Ecp.yusercontent.com, you may click the Trash icon to remove it from your browser safely.
STEP 5- Firefox users need to do the following:
- Launch Firefox browser and click on the ‘menu’ icon, located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the option Add-ons and navigate to the Extensions.
- Locate and choose all the entries related to Ecp.yusercontent.com and delete them.
STEP 6- After cleaning up the browser, it is recommended to clear all the associated processes related to Ecp.yusercontent.com from Task Manager. To do that, all you have to do is:
- Press the shortcut keys: CTRL + ALT + DEL buttons.
- From the Windows Task Manager, go to the Processes tab.
- A list of all the running processes will be displayed to you.
- Look for the malicious entries and right-click to choose the End Process button to complete the task.
STEP 7- Well, cleaning browsers and eliminating background processes isn’t enough, you need to get rid of all those programs & apps related to Ecp.yusercontent.com. We’ll be taking help from the Control Panel to remove suspicious entries.
- Go to the Search menu and look for the Control Panel.
- Choose Programs > Programs and Features from the newly opened window.
- From the list of options that appears on your screen, look for Ecp.yusercontent.com and its related programs. You should even consider removing software that you do not remember installing on your PC in recent times.
- Hit the Uninstall button to complete the process!
STEP 8- You may take the help of Windows Registry Editor to eliminate all the associated files related to Ecp.yusercontent.com. Do the following to access the in-built Windows Registry Editor:
- Launch the Run window. You can press the shortcut keys – Windows + R altogether to open it.
- Type regedit in the field and hit the OK button.
- At this point, you need to look for the following registry entries that are created by Ecp.yusercontent.com and delete them once and for all.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
That’s all! This was our comprehensive guide to find and remove Ecp.yusercontent.com from Windows PC. Both the automatic and manual methods are effective enough to get rid of the potential threat. If you know any other workaround to deal with the issue, do mention them in the comments section below!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What are some effective tips to prevent your system from such malware attacks?
- Avoid installing programs & apps from untrustworthy sources.
- Keep all your software up-to-date.
- Make sure you run a thorough malware scan every now & then.
- Avoid clicking suspicious links and opening email attachments.
Q2. How do I recover files after being targeted to data-affecting malware attacks?
There’s no surprise that some of your data may get deleted due to malicious content. In such cases, you can rely on dedicated Data Recovery Solutions to restore your significant documents, photos, music files, and other data.
Q3. Which are some of the Best Antivirus Software available for Windows, Mac, Android & iPhone?