09/13… Save the date! Yes, the wait has finally come to an end as the all new iOS 10 will be now available for download to make your iPhone experience faster & more amazing than ever (and that too free of cost!). You can easily upgrade your iPhone to the latest version of the software by following a few simple steps. But prior to that let’s have a look at the list of compatible devices which qualify for the iOS 10 update.
The all new iOS 10 will be compatible with the following devices:
See Also:iPhone 7: New Features
Lucky enough if you own any of the above devices but hard luck if you are an iPhone 3G or iPhone 4/4s user. Unfortunately, there is no upgrade available for these devices.
So now let’s get started and learn how to update iOS 10 on your iPhone.
Step 1: Always Create a Backup
Before upgrading to any latest version of software you should always create a backup of our device so that you can easily restore all our data quickly. You can easily create a backup of your device on iCloud via a secure Wi-Fi connection. If you can’t, then another resort is by creating a backup of your device on your computer via iTunes. Don’t want to try either of these? Then you can try the Right Backup anywhere application which can minimize your efforts by taking backup automatically according to your preset frequency. You can download the application from the app store free of cost.
Also Read: Best Online Cloud Backup & Storage Services
Step 2: Make Room for the new Guest!
Helpful Post: Ways to Free up Space in iPhone
Once you are done with creating a backup of your device, make sure that you arrange for plenty of storage space on your apple device. Check if you have enough storage space available on your iPhone as the new iOS10 is not a light weight cupcake! It is fairly estimated that at least 1.5GB of storage space will be temporarily required for the completion of the iOS 10 update. You can simply manage your storage space by tapping Setting>General>Usage
Step 3: You are now Ready to Go!
As soon as Apple releases the iOS 10 you can easily grab it via iTunes or your existing iPhone itself. Both the ways are explained in detail below:
- Head on to the Settings and tap on General.
- Here you will see one notification popping along with the “Software Update”. Click on that option to upgrade your device with latest iOS version.
- Once you reach to the software update section you will see ios10 version mentioned on the top bar of the screen.
- Just below that there will be an option of “Download and install”.
- Click on this and you’re get set ready to experience the all new iOS 10 version on your device.
No Wi-Fi or mobile data? Don’t worry! If for any reason you don’t want to upgrade the iOS over the air, you can simply perform the upgradation via iTunes store.
- Connect your device to your computer and launch iTunes.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of iTunes on your computer i.e. 12.4
- As soon as you connect your device to the computer and launch iTunes click on the “Help” option on the menu tab.
- Under the help section you’ll find an option of “Check for updates”.
- After checking for updates your iTunes will prompt you to download and install the new iOS 10 update.
- Once the update begins, it is highly recommended not to DISCONNECT your device from the computer.
- Within a few minutes, your iPhone will be ready to roll in an all new amazing avatar loaded with the powerful ios10 upgrade!
Let us know how was your iOS experience in the comments section below!