|Blog Summary: The article shows how to increase WiFi signal strength in Android Mobile using a few easy steps: tweak the settings, change WiFi band frequency, and use a Wi-Fi analyzer app. By following them, you can not only enjoy improved Internet speed but also overall performance and reliability. For a detailed guide, keep scrolling!|
Wi-Fi is one of the most essential features of any Android device, as it allows us to connect to the Internet and access various online services and applications. However, often users experience poor Wi-Fi signals that can be quite frustrating, especially when they need to browse the web to complete important tasks.
Why Would Anyone Want To Increase WiFi Signal On Android?
Well, there are several reasons why we may want to increase the WiFi speed in mobile:
- To reduce annoying buffering or loading times.
- To enjoy high-quality streaming, gaming, or video calling experience.
- To avoid bothersome connection drop-outs during online meetings or sessions.
- To secure online privacy & security by using a more reliable and encrypted Wi-Fi network.
Fortunately, there are a couple of effective methods that allow users to improve WiFi signal strength on Android.
You might be interested in reading: How To Find Wi-Fi Password of Any Network
How To Increase WiFi Signal On Android?
By following these steps, we can optimize our Wi-Fi signal and enjoy a faster and smoother Internet connection.
METHOD 1 – Enable The “Aggressive Wi-Fi to Mobile Data Handover” Feature
You can enhance the Wi-Fi range on your Android smartphone by making some changes in your settings. For this, you must enable ‘Developer Options.’ Here we’ve enlisted the steps and described how to increase Wi-Fi range on your Android Mobile:
1. Enable ‘Developer Options’ by going to Settings and tap on About phone.
2. Scroll down to ‘Build number’ and tap it seven times in a row. It enables ‘Developers Options’ for the device, and you can know how to boost the Wi-Fi signal on the phone.
3. Go to ‘Developer Options’ and scroll down to ‘Aggressive Wi-Fi to Mobile data handover’ to see how to get a better Wi-Fi signal on Android.
4. Slide it to switch on the mode.
5. See the enhanced Wi-Fi signal and enjoy an increased Wi-Fi range in Android mobile.
METHOD 2 – Change The WiFi Band Frequency
If you don’t want to tamper with your phone settings, you can boost the Wi-Fi signals by changing your Android’s Wi-Fi band frequency. Changing the Wi-Fi band frequency from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz improves the Wi-Fi signals with more accuracy. You can follow the below steps to make the changes:
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Go to ‘Advanced settings.’
- Tap on ‘Wi-Fi frequency band.’
- Now select 5 GHz only.
Now, the device would use a 5GHz frequency band whenever possible and maximize your wireless signal strength.
METHOD 3 – Use A WiFi Analyzer App
Work in an area where the coverage area is larger. Alternatively, you can consider various WiFi analyzer applications available on the Google Play Store. These apps allow you to help enhance your WiFi signal by scanning your Wi-Fi network and providing useful information and tips. Additionally, it recommends the best channels and frequencies for your Wi-Fi network to avoid interference and congestion from other networks.
Moreover, these apps also help to troubleshoot common WiFi problems, such as dropped connections, slow speed, and problems that appear due to dead zones. This further helps users to optimize their Wi-Fi network and enjoy increased speed than ever before.
Having said that, there are various Wi-Fi Analyzer apps available such as NetSpot, Acrylic Wi-Fi Home, Wireshark, and more.
Overall, you can enjoy a high-speed wireless connection once you know how to increase WiFi range in Android mobile. Wi-Fi frequency bands would only connect to a 5GHz if you choose to, which may not help a poor wireless connection. Though, if changing some settings enables you to get what you want, changes are good.
Frequently Asked Questions –
Q1. What Are the Most Effective WiFi Booster Techniques?
As explained above, you can effectively increase your internet connection speed. The methods applied to the WiFi connection on how to get a better Wi-Fi signal on Android. We also have applications that will show how to improve wifi signals on Android phones.
Q2. What Are the Best WiFi Booster Apps?
The application which will help you improve your internet speed is called the Wi-Fi booster apps. Check out these internet speed booster applications to improve WiFi speed if you are looking for a solution for your Android device.
Q3.How to increase the strength of your wireless connection?
You should use the latest model of the router to get the best internet speed. Alternatively, you can get a WiFi booster to increase your internet speed over the Android device.
Q4. How Can I Boost the Wi-Fi Range?
Here’s how to increase WiFi range in mobile effectively:
- You can employ a Wi-Fi range extender
- Set up a mesh Wi-Fi network
- Utilize a powerline adapter
- Adjust the frequency, and consider relocating your router to an optimal spot
Q5. How Can I Increase My Mobile Internet Range?
There are multiple things you can do to improve the mobile Internet range:
- Optimize the placement of your mobile hotspot
- Use external antennas
- Change the channel settings
- Use a dedicated mobile signal booster
Related topics –