The WerFault.exe application error can appear on Windows 10 due to various reasons. To fix it, in this article, we will discuss both automatic and manual ways.
To automatically fix WerFault.exe and other Windows-related errors, try using Advanced System Optimizer. This tool will scan your system for infections, update drivers, fix invalid registries, run SFC commands, and perform other operations. To get the tool, click the Download Now button.
Once downloaded, install, and launch the tool. Now, select Deep Scan and click Start Smart PC Care. This will help find and fix Windows related errors that lead to WerFault.exe – Application Error.
When using Windows 10, are you bothered by WerFault.exe or WerMgr.exe Application error?
If yes, you have landed at the right place. This post today will discuss what WerFault.exe is and how to fix it on Windows 10.
What is WerFault.exe?
WerFault is a Windows Error Reporting process in Windows 10, and it is used by various applications to report errors to Microsoft. When available, it collects information about the problem you have encountered and looks for a solution to fix it. This helps both users and Microsoft.
Moreover, if you face any problem due to Windows Error Reporting WerFault.exe, it can be disabled or customized. The most common problem caused by WerFault.exe is High CPU usage. Besides this, there are other errors due to which some apps might stop working. The error message related to WerFault.exe are as follows:
- Can’t find Werfault.exe
- exe is not running.
- exe failed.
- exe not found.
- exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- exe Application Error.
File Location – WerFault.exe
How to Resolve Werfault.exe Application Problems
Once you know you face a problem because of Werfault.exe, it’s time to fix the issue. Here is the list of 5 best fixes that will help remove any errors caused by Werfault.exe.
Note: To use the following methods, you need admin rights. This means you need to be logged in as an administrator. To learn how to change a user account, read our post on how to change user account type on Windows 10.
Ways to fix WerFault Error Windows 10
Even if you are a beginner, you won’t face any problem following the methods explained below. However, if you are looking for a tool that can save all the time and run these commands for you, try using Advanced System Optimizer. To use it, follow the steps below:
1. Download, install, and launch Advanced System Optimizer.
2. Select Deep Scan from scan types and click Start Smart PC Care.
3. Once the errors are detected, fix them.
4. After this, click Disk Cleaner and Optimizers.
5. Now run each module present in the right tab.
6. Once done, restart the PC; werfault.exe error on Windows 10 should now be resolved.
So, this is the quickest method. However, if you are looking for manual ways, we’ve got that covered too. Read further to know them in detail.
Manual Ways to Fix Windows WerFault.exe Error
1. Run System File Checker
Windows 10 offers an in-built System File Checker (SFC scan) to detect and fix several Windows 10 problems. This means if you face any issue on Windows due to incompatible or misplaced files, running an SFC scan is best.
To run it and fix the WerFault error on Windows 10, follow the steps below:
1. Type command prompt in Windows search bar
2. Right-click the search result and select Run as administrator.
3. In the Command Prompt window, type SFC /scannow > Enter
4. Wait for the scan to finish. This might take some time. Once done, you’ll if there was an issue on the system or not and whether corrected or not.
5. Reboot the PC.
2. Use Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
To resolve Werfault.exe try running Windows Diagnostic Tool. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Type Windows Memory Diagnostic Windows search bar
2. Select the search result and open it
3. Click Restart now and check for problems (recommended). This will reboot the PC; hence, before following this step, make sure you have saved all the files.
4. Let the system reboot. Once restarted, you’ll that the Diagnostic tool is running and scanning the PC. If any issues are detected, they will be fixed.
After this, check the system for the WerFault error on Windows 10. It should be fixed; if not, move to the next step.
3. Perform a Disk Cleanup
Sometimes due to enough junk files present on your system, you might face Werfault.exe error. Therefore, cleaning junk files and cluttered data from the system is essential. To fix all this junk data, you can either use Advanced System Optimizer, the one-click optimization tool, or can run Disk Cleanup.
To run Disk Cleanup, use the steps below:
1. Type Disk Cleanup in the search bar.
2. Open the Disk Cleanup utility
3. Select the drive when prompted, and click Ok.
4. Wait for the scan to finish; don’t shut down the system when disk cleanup is in progress.
5. Under the File to delete a section, pick the files you want to delete.
The following list comprises of things we recommend cleaning:
- Windows Update
- Temporary Internet Files
- Windows error reports and feedback diagnostics
- Delivery Optimization Files
- Device driver packages
- Recycle bin
- Temporary files
6. Press OK and wait for the process to finish. Once again, this might take a long time.
4. Scan your PC for Malware
If none of the above steps help, try scanning your system for viruses. If your system is infected, there are chances that you see 100% CPU usage because of Werfault.exe. Hence, cleaning the system is recommended.
For this, you can use the System Protector module offered by Advanced System Optimizer. To use it, follow the steps below:
1. Download, install and launch Advanced System Optimizer
2. Click Security & Privacy > System Protector > Start Scan Now
3. Wait for the scan to finish and clean all the infections. Restart PC and check for WerFault.exe error on Windows 10.
How to Disable Windows Error Reporting Service
If nothing works so far, try disabling Werfault.exe. This will help fix Windows Error Reporting Service problems.
To disable Windows Error Reporting Service follow the steps below:
1. Press Windows + R
2. Type services.msc > OK button.
3. Now, under the Services window, look for Windows Error Reporting Service. Double click to open it and select Disabled under Startup type.
4. Right-click on Windows Error Reporting Service and choose Properties.
5. Change the Startup type to Disabled.
6. Press the Apply > Ok> Reboot the system.
This should help fix the problem.
How do I fix WerFault EXE?
To fix WerFault.exe, we suggest running Advanced System Optimizer; it will help fix all Windows related problems, including WerFault error on Windows 10.
How do I disable WerFault.exe in Windows 8?
To fix WerFault.exe, open the Run window by pressing Windows + R. Type services.msc > look for Windows Error Reporting Service > double click > Startup type > Disabled.
Is WerFault.exe a virus?
WerFault.exe is not a virus; it is a genuine Windows Error Reporting Service. However, if your system is infected, the malicious file can run by its name, taking 100% CPU power. To fix it, we suggest running an anti-malware tool. For this, you can use System Protector offered by Advanced System Optimizer.
With this, we come to the end of the article and wish the article proves helpful in resolving issues with Werfault.exe and the Windows Error Reporting Service in Windows 10. In addition to this, if you are looking for the best way to fix WerFault error, clean junk files, and optimizer windows user Advanced System Optimizer. This tool will help fix various Windows-related errors that might be slowing down the PC and making you face several errors.