Many iOS users have faced a situation where they could not install apps from App Store (even free apps) since they kept getting the pop-up “Verification Required Before you can make purchases, you must tap Continue to verify your payment info”
In this post, we’ll look at how you can fix the issue. Moreover, the solution listed below will help you remove the Verification Required request so that you can download and install apps without paying a penny. We’ll also be diving into possible reasons why you might be getting this message.
Common Reason Behind The Issue
Many users who ran into the issue had faulty credit cards. So, one of the first things that you may want to do is check if your credit card details are right and if it hasn’t expired.
Why and When Does “Verification Required” Appear?
There are several reasons why you might be getting the error message “Verification required” on Apple App Store:
- There are some outstanding balances that you need to pay for apps.
- You haven’t updated your payment process in a while.
- There is something wrong with your existing payment method that’s associated with your Apple ID. As a result, Apple is unable to bill your account. For example, the credit card that you might have linked to pay for purchases has expired.
- The error message may occur if you have never downloaded an app (free or paid) on your iPhone or iPad.
How To Resolve Verification Required on Apple App Store
While we will be discussing solutions in greater detail, you can have a look at some steps in brief –
- Check for any outstanding balance.
- Remove any faulty payment methods.
- Update payment methods or details
Solution No. 1: Change Payment Method –
If you have noticed issues with one of your payment methods, you might want to change them. To do that follow the steps below –
1. Open Settings on iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap on your name at the top.
3. Tap on iTunes & App Store. Next, tap on the Apple ID.
4. Tap on View Apple ID.
5. Tap on Manage Payments.
6. Under Payment Method, select None, or if needed update your payment procedure.
7. Exit Settings and return to App Store.
Download, install, or update apps without bumping into Verification Required prompt.
Solution No. 2: Update Payment & Shipping
You might have to consider updating your payment methods. For instance, as we had discussed earlier, your credit card with which you used to make payments might have expired. Here is how you can update your Payment & Shipping information –
1. Open Settings.
2. Tap on your Apple ID and then tap on Payment & Shipping. Here you can also update your shipping address, in case there are changes in that as well.
3. Select your Payment Method and tap on Edit on the next screen to change your payment information.
Solution No. 3: Check Unpaid Balances
If you have unpaid balances, you will bump into the aforementioned error message. To fix the issue you can check for unpaid balances and pay them to get rid of the error message. The steps for the same are mentioned below –
1. Open Settings.
2. Select iTunes & Apple Store.
3. Tap on your Apple ID and tap on View Apple ID. If you have iOS 15 and above: tap on Media & Purchases and then click on View Account.
4. Scroll down and look for Subscriptions. You will now be able to see if there is a subscription pending or not.
5. If there is, pay the unpaid balance and get rid of the Verification required App Store message.
Did This Help?
When your iPhone is a doorway to countless wonderful apps, nothing should come between you and those apps. We hope that with the help of the solutions mentioned above, you are now able to install apps freely and are not running into the Verification Required error on your iPhone or iPad. We’d also like to know which of the above methods helped you resolve the issue in the comments section below.
For more such content, keep reading WeTheGeek. If you have any queries related to this post or any software/app-related issue, you can also reach out to us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and Twitter.