Fact: More than 5 billion people own mobile phones, but only 1.2 billion have access to bank accounts with mobile payment capabilities. This is the reason; financial institutions are moving towards mobile wallet apps.
Certainly, due to these things are changing and no longer people like to carry cash. Online payment platforms help make UPI transactions and no longer you need to carry the wallet as you have your mobile wallet app.
Using these payment apps you can pay to a friend, at a hotel, cinema or anywhere. Here, we will list down the best online payment apps that you should try in 2020.
Why Are Mobile Payment Apps Becoming Popular and What Options Do We Have?
Online payment apps are becoming popular as they help save time and make money transactions easy. No longer people have to stand in queues or wait for their money to be transferred. Using these best payment apps listed below you can make UPI transactions, online payments, etc.
Best Mobile Payment Apps – 2022
Here, is the list of top payment apps that you can use to transfer money, make online payments, UPI transactions, etc.
1. Venmo – Best P2P online transfer app
Venmo owned by PayPal is one of the most popular online payment apps. This online payment solution works differently than PayPal and is considered as the best online payment app. Using this ubiquitous mobile wallet app you can send money to friends whom you want to pay and vice versa. This app is lingua franca and is easily integrated with Facebook. This means you can add your Facebook friends to create Venmo contacts.
Venmo online is flexible, you can transfer money using a number of options like debit, credit or bank account. Moreover, you can save Venmo balance in the app to make easy transactions or can easily transfer them to the bank account. All this makes it the best payment app.
- Quickly transfer money to your bank.
- Encrypts personal and financial data to guard against unauthorized transactions.
- Free to use with various payment methods.
- Account protection removes session if phone lost by going to Venmo.com > settings > Security.
- Connect with your friends and share your buying experience.
Venmo online can be used to pay friends at restaurants, split bills, pay shared rent and more. No need to pay any charges to send money, by simply linking your debit card bank account, you can start sending and receiving money with this online payment platform.
2. Google Pay: –
Google Pay popularly known was GPAY is one of the best mobile payment apps. Using it you can make online payments easily. GPAY was introduced in 2018 by Google to unify Android Pay, Google Wallet and Pay with Google. It brings a mobile payment wallet using which you can manage your account on the web and protect your financial information. With Google Pay, top payment app you can make bill payments, transfer money, pay for shopping and more. Besides, you can check the balance for all the accounts added to your GPAY payment app account.
- Multi-layer security to keep the account safe.
- Digital Wallet to save card, movie tickets and everything.
- Stores payment information in an encrypted manner.
- Stored boarding passes and journey tickets.
- Setup Google Pay account to pay via PayPal
- Global reach.
- Mobile banking app integration.
- In-app mobile web purchases
Furthermore, Google Pay does not store any information, all the money is instantly transferred to the recipient’s bank this makes it the best online payment app. Even more, this best mobile wallet app replaces the actual cards with a virtual one and you can even add PayPal as a method to make payments on Google Pay.
3. Xoom – Make easy international money transfers
Want to send money to your family and friends across the globe? Xoom is an excellent mobile payment app using which you can securely send money directly to the banks. Besides, you can even reload phones and pay utility bills in other countries.
- Reload phone in minutes
- Send or money instantly
- Easy international P2P transfers
- Higher transfer limits
- Secure online transcations
Xoom best online payment and money transfer app gives you the power to make payments easily. If you want to send money to the same person simply slide to resend and in seconds you’ll get it done.
4. Samsung Pay
Samsung Pay is more than a mobile wallet app. This best mobile pay app gives you the power to make purchases and earn rewards points. Using this online payment app, you can add all your credit, debit, gift and membership cards. Samsung Pay lets the user make mobile payments at any location with a credit card reader and even monitors suspicious card activity.
- Samsung Knox tokenization adds an extra layer of security.
- Get extra reward points for each purchase you make.
- Accepted at a number of places.
- Lock or erase the Samsung Pay account (if your phone is stolen) using Find My Mobile app.
Note: Find My Mobile feature must be activated prior.
Besides, Samsung Pay creates a unique random set of numbers via tokenization for each transaction to secure the real card. This amazing pay by mobile app turns your smartphone into a secure digital wallet. Plus, it sends discounts & coupons notifications from local merchants based on the phone’s GPS.
PayPal the granddaddy of payments is next on our list. It offers the easiest and safest way to make online transactions thus is known as one of the best online payment apps. Accepted in over 200 markets and trusted by over 200 million users, this makes it the best mobile payment app.
- 180-Day buyer protection.
- Free return shipping.
- Send money to anyone, anywhere, anytime using the linked accounts.
- Send a reminder to receive payments.
- Instant notifications to keep a tab on spent, purchase or money transfer
- Charges no fee when transferring money to family/friends or using PayPal baleen or bank account balance.
- Charges currency conversion fee and when making payments using Credit Card.
PayPal is the most preferred digital wallet and payment provider for online transactions globally. It offers the ability to transfer money to and from any U.S based bank accounts and other foreign accounts.
6. Apple Pay
This one of the best mobile payment app makes cashless transaction effortless. Using this Apple Pay app, you can make secure in stores, web, and in-app purchases. Besides, can send and receive money from family and friends in Messages. Also, the money received is added to the Apple Pay Cash card that can be used to make purchases or to transfer to your bank account.
- Does not store original card number, instead generates a token known as Device Account Number (DAN), to secure card details.
- It does not store any personal transaction information.
- Displays only recent transactions in the app.
- Apple Pay can be disabled remotely using the “Find My iPhone app. (In case of stolen iPhone.)
- Payments can be made using Touch ID or by entering a PIN.
- Secure online payment.
Undoubtedly, Apple Pay is the best mobile payment app, but using this app one can make payments to only those contacts who iPhone users. Also, the anonymous, single-use token system adds to the credit card data security.
7. Square Cash
Square Cash the answer to increasing acceptance of peer-to-peer payments is the easiest way to send or receive money. Whether it is splitting the bill amongst friends or paying rent, Square Cash will to all that for you. It is the best pay by mobile app that can be used by each age group.
- Protects your payment with a pin or fingerprint.
- Wallet Feature like PayPal.
- It does not hold funds in the digital wallet.
- Can sell/buy Bitcoin
This best mobile payment app draws funds from a linked bank account via debit card at no cost and offers various methods to quickly send and receive money.
Best payment app to send money to those living in the US. This app works inside your bank app, this means the money goes straight into the receiver’s account. Using Zelle best online payment app you can pay to friends or family right from your bank. Also, if you have an account at a participating bank such as Chase, Bank of America, Citi, U.S. Bank, Wells Fargo, can send cash with same-day transfers.
- No need to pay charges to send or receive money.
- It can only link one account at a time with the app.
- It does not hold money in any digital wallet.
Zelle lets users send money without even installing the app, however not installing this best payment app on your smartphone is not right. Once Zelle’s app is download you can connect to your bank account, also.
9. Circle Pay
The new shape of money Circle Pay is an easy to use payment app, that offers quick deposits and global capabilities. Circle Pay is available in 29 countries and accepts payments in US dollars, British pounds, and Euro. Users need not pay any fee to send money between currencies.
- View the currency exchange rate right in the app.
- The group pays with up to 20 people.
- US dollars deposited are FDIC insured.
- Two-level encryption.
- Two-factor authentication required to log in.
- Can set up fingerprint ID and Face ID.
- Send money like a text.
The only drawback the Circle pay mobile payment app has is, you cannot make payments in stores or online or can split payments.
Alipay Wallet, developed by Alibaba and its co-founder Jack Ma was launched in 2013 and since then it has become the world’s widely used mobile payment app. This mobile wallet is available only for Chinese customer yet the app is used to make over 100 million transactions daily. With an active user base of over 520 million, Alipay becomes one of the best online payment apps. Both iPhone and Android users can enjoy this mobile payment app.
- It can be used to select local restaurants, share information, receive discounts, and pay bills.
- Keep track of government services like the status of a passport application or paying fines.
- Pee-to-peer payments.
- Social networking functionality added to version 9.2 of Alipay.
- Supports, NFC, sound waves, QR and bar code payments.
Using Alipay you can easily send and receive money. Credit card from China CITIC Bank, Visa and Master card, the debit card issued by a Chinese bank, loyalty cards and discount vouchers can be added to the app. This mobile wallet app can be used to make payments, share bills, buy goods and in-app payments.
Want to send money to friends and relatives, pay and play online or make instant international transactions Skrill is the answer. Using this mobile payment app, you can easily send money to anyone, anywhere, with just a valid email address. Skrill stores your credit card, debit card, and bank details securely.
- Access money 24*7
- Make ATM withdrawals.
- Instantly send and receive money.
- Access the world’s leading betting and gaming sites.
Skrill app is trusted by millions to make all kinds of global payment. This makes it the best payment app that allows us to send or receive money in 40 currencies across 200 countries. Also, receive new merchant offers, deals and bonuses notifications. Plus, you can easily pay and play on the move simply bus using an email address and password.
No longer waiting in queues again to make payment for your coffee or any other order, use LevelUp the best money transfer app. In a single tap, you can make payments for all your orders you want to place.
- Third-party distribution.
- Customer engagement platform.
- Omni-channel guest interaction.
- Never wait in line.
LevelUp lets users know when the order is ready and where to grab it from. Also using the app users can choose from hundreds of places near you and can create a new order from scratch or can re-order any items ordered in the past.
Ordering and paying for food and drinks was never this easy. Qkr is the best mobile payment app when it comes to splitting the bill, making payments, or even paying for food or drinks. This best mobile pay app is free to use and is available in thousands of locations.
- Save time.
- Split the bill.
- Get food and drinks delivered to your seat when at the stadium or cinema.
- Secure purchases.
- Get money-saving coupons and rewards.
Qkr uses Masterpass, Mastercard’s secure digital wallet service this means Qkr can accept Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Discover Cards. Also, you can set up your debit or credit card to pay directly with your smartphone.
14. Visa payWave
A new way of making contactless payments, Visa payWave is slowly becoming popular. Users having NFC-enabled mobile devices can use Visa payWave. Simply by tapping your phone in front of Visa payWave contactless terminal payment can be made.
- Multi-layer security.
- Real-time fraud monitoring.
- Zero liability policy.
- Convenience and security.
Visa payWave can be used in stores like McDonald’s, JB Hi-Fi, Bunnings, Coles, Woolworths, 7 Eleven, Foodworks, IGA and Caltex and others. Also, you don’t need to enter your PIN number to pay and to use payWave best mobile pay app on your mobile. Simply use payWave app to wave and pay.
Masterpass by Mastercard is an all-in-one digital wallet that makes payments simple and easy. This mobile wallet app, helps you save time by letting you check out faster than usual when you shop. Simply store your payment and shipping information and leave rest to the app.
- Pay with a single secure account.
- Shop anywhere.
- Exclusive masterpass deals.
To use Masterpass create an account, load the participating credit or debit card and get going. Banks that support Masterpass are Ally bank, Central bank, People’s united bank, US bank, Virginia credit union, First Tech Federal Credit Union, Bank of the West and few others.
Which is the Best Money Transfer App?
Above we discussed various popular mobile payment apps, but which is the best money transfer app? No one can answer this question as it completely depends on the user which app he finds useful.
We have simply listed the best mobile payment apps for the user along with their features. Some apps don’t offer online payments but do let you order and pay for food. So, it will depend on your usage which app you consider as the best money transfer app or payment app.
However, if you are looking for a peer-peer to payment app that can try using Venmo, want an app that doesn’t hold your money can use Google Pay or Tez (only available in India).
I hope you liked our list of mobile wallet apps. If you would like us to add any more app, please let us know. Also, share your comment in the section below to let us know what you think about the article.