If you have a problem with Ethernet on Windows 10, there’s a possibility that there is some issue with Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. In this case, we need to fix the corrupt or faulty Ethernet driver.
Fortunately, there are quick ways to resolve the problem with Realtek Family Controller.
What is Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller?
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller drivers are network controller LAN hardware for your motherboard. These controllers are installed on the system card, and the correct driver for them allows the motherboard to understand Ethernet components.
However, lately, Windows users have started reporting issues with Realtek PCIe Family Controller. So, if you too are facing the same problem, here are the fixes.
Shot on Time? Try Out This Quickest Way & Fix Realtek PCIe GBE Issue.
Download, install, and use Smart Driver Care.
This best driver updater will automatically detect and update outdated and corrupt drivers. This not only saves time but also helps fix driver-related issues on Windows. Smart Driver Care is efficient enough to detect faulty drivers with a vast database of drivers and update them with the most compatible and latest ones.
Note: If you use the Pro version of the tool, you can update all the outdated drivers in one click. At the same time, the free version allows updating only a handful of drivers.
Complete Review – Smart Driver Care
Reasons for Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Not Working on Windows 10
Realtek controllers might stop working due to the following reasons:
1. When both Wi-Fi and wired connections are enabled, you might face issues with the Realtek controller. Hence, to fix it, you need to disable one connection.
2. Incompatible or corrupt drivers running on the system also stops Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller from running. To fix this, you need to update the system with the right driver. This can be done both manually and automatically. The former is a traditional and time-consuming way, while the latter is more accurate and easy.
Note: Sometimes, instead of downloading a genuine driver, we might install the malware in the name of the driver update. Hence, when visiting a site to download drivers, ensure you visit the genuine one.
However, if you suspect your system might be infected to check the PC, we suggest using Systweak Antivirus for threats. This advanced and intelligent security tool detects the latest and old threats. Also, the real-time protection is very effective; it detects all the threats quickly.
1. Once you have Systweak Antivirus installed, scan the system for infections.
2. To do so, click Scan Types and select Deep Scan.
3. Wait for the process to finish and then quarantine the threats.
Simple isn’t it. Your system is now clean and protected from all kinds of malware infections.
Bonus Tip: To stay protected from zero-day threats, always Keep Exploit and Malware protection enabled.
Now that we have protected the system let’s learn how to fix the Realtek Family Controller issue on Windows 10.
How to Fix Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Not Working
Knowing the reason behind a problem & its fix is very important to avoid any future mishaps. Hence, here we enlist different ways to resolve Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.
1. Restore Windows 10
The first thing you need to do when you face the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller error is to perform a system restore.
This will help restore or reset any recent changes made to the driver settings leaving your files untouched. To restore the system type System Restore, in the Windows search bar, follow step by step instruction & restore the system.
To learn how to do that in detail, read how to perform a system restore
Once this is done, restart the system and check if you still face problems with the Realtek PCIe Controller driver.
2. Update Drivers
After you have performed System Restore, if you still face the problem, you need to update the drivers. This will ensure that everything runs smoothly without any problem.
To update drivers, you can use Smart Driver Care or can do it manually via Device Manager.
Why do we need to update drivers?
To keep the device running smoothly, drivers need to be updated timely. If we fail to update them or run outdated drivers, we might encounter BSOD and other driver-related issues.
The easiest way to do so is to use the best driver updater, as it saves us from all the hassle of collecting information about the device, operating system, and other details.
To use Smart Driver Care, follow the steps below:
1. Download, install and run Smart Driver Care.
2. Click Scan Now to scan the system for outdated drivers
3. Once the scan is finished, you can update all drivers at once by clicking the Update All button.
Note: If you are not using the pro version of Smart Driver Care, you will be prompted to purchase it, as only after that you can update all at once. However, if you are updating them one by one can use the trial version and click the Update driver option next to each driver.
This was the simplest and quickest way to update drivers. However, if you wish to update them manually, follow the steps below:
1. Type Device Manager in the Windows search bar
2. Now unhide Network adapters and look for Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
3. Double click it > click the Driver tab > Update Driver
4. Click, Search automatically for driver, wait for the process to finish
5. If an update is available, you will be able to update it
3. Check for Windows Updates
If none of the steps helped so far, it seems that your system is missing important updates, due to which you are facing problems with Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. Hence, to troubleshoot it and to update Windows, we will need to check for available updates.
To update Windows follow the steps below:
1. Type Windows Update in the Windows search bar
2. Select the search result and open Windows update
3. Hit Check for updates and wait for Windows to look for available updates.
Note: To successfully perform this operation, your system needs to be connected to the internet.
4. If any updates are available, they will be installed automatically.
5. Restart the system to apply new changes.
You should now not face the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller error.
Using these simple steps, you can easily update drivers and fix the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller error on Windows 10 and other driver-related issues.
In conclusion, we will just say updating drivers has never been so easy. With Smart Driver Care running the system now, you can easily update drivers without any problem. This unique drive updating utility makes the process so simple and easy that even a non-tech savvy can also update drivers. Nonetheless, using Smart Driver Care, you can also update installed software and keep the system secure from security vulnerabilities. So, what are you waiting for? Try Smart Driver Care today and fix Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and other driver-related errors on Windows.