Though various messaging services like WhatsApp, Viber, etc. have taken over our daily chats session but accept it, the good old SMS can never get old. It comes as a native app embedded in your Android phone and stays with you till you discard the phone and delete all the other apps.
Moreover, you still get official or banking services notifications via text messages even now. These messages might need to be kept in an archive section for future references and in fact, you should. You might need to check the account balance of so and so date or you want to read the digitized love letter in the future. Whatever the reason be, text messages are important nodes of your cell phone.
So, now if you are buying a new phone and want to backup and restore text messages on Android, automatic restoration, as well as software backing, is available for you.
How To Backup Text Messages On Android Automatically?
Google Drive has become a savior here with backing up of all the essential data, including text messages, that can be retrieved back later as and when required.
Step 1: Open your Android phone’s Settings either through the Settings icon or swiping up the screen
Step 2: Locate Google and tap on it.
Step 3: Tap Backup. On the next screen, tap Backup Now.
After Backup Now, you will find an option to Restore. Click on it for backup text messages android and finally restoring them.
NOTE that backing up text messages on Android is surely an easy process but your saved messages will not stay here longer and delete by themselves with time.
Moreover, you cannot read or access those messages off device and data remains stuck with Google Drive only.
Now if you are looking for a prolonged solution, we have got you covered once again with third-party tools.
Which Tools Help In Backing Up Text Messages On Android?
There are various third-party applications that solve your query in no time and in fact, clears those aspects that are missing in the automatic backup method.
1. Right Backup Anywhere
Step 1: Open Google Play Store and look for Right Backup Anywhere.
Step 2: Tap on Install and let the app immerse in your mobile phone.
Step 3: Sign up and even get a 1-month free trial along with free 100MB data.
Step 4: Select the files to be backed up and restore them anytime.
Features Of Right Backup Anywhere
- Restore text messages on Android via Custom restore, Smart restore or Search File. Amongst these, Custom Restore allows backup of selected files, Smart Restore takes out all the files present, and Search File allows a user to look for a particular file.
- Automatic SMS backup and restore is available twice a day without even bothering you. In fact, you can decide the backup time according to your choice.
- One account log in lets you access from any device, be it Mac, Windows or iPhone. Yes, you can restore SMS from any place.
- Ensures the security of your data along with the backup and conceal all of it behind SSL encryption.
Yes, interestingly this app can not only backup text messages on Android but also other files like documents, images, videos, etc.
Download: Right Backup Anywhere
2. SMS Backup & Restore
Resolving all the major left-outs by Google Drive, this app can restore text messages on Android along with MMS and call logs. Allow the app to access your contacts, manage phone calls, photos, media files, etc. Finally, tap on ‘Set Up A Backup’.
Features Of SMS Backup & Restore
- Local device backup is allowed with automatic upload to Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive. You can choose any of the options for the same.
- You can also select which conversation to be backed up so as not to arrange extra junk.
- Frees up space on your phone and keep all the backup separately.
- In fact, you can transfer all the backup text messages to another Android phone, irrespective of the version.
Download: SMS Backup & Restore
3. SMS Backup+
This app can restore text messages on Android quite smartly under the separate label in Gmail or Google Calendar. Once done, you can get them back into your existing or new phone.
Features Of SMS Backup+
- It is a free open source app that is completely free of ads and tracking.
- Automatic backup is absolutely possible here with different labels to pick.
- Once you enable IMAP manually on Gmail, it gives you a server for backups and full control over the personal data.
Download: SMS Backup+
4. SMS Backup Print & Restore
Not only you can backup and restore text messages on Android, convert them into PDF, CSV, JPG, HTML or TXT. After this, you can also take out its print or share it with other folks.
Features Of SMS Backup Print & Restore
- It simply supports emojis, advanced messaging, photos and video previews.
- It allows you to customize the saved format like tweaking the color and customizing the conversations.
Download: SMS Backup Print & Restore
Note: These applications are meant to take backup and restore those messages that have not been overwritten already. Plus, they cannot recover deleted messages on Android. In that case, you need to visit various other PC-based software.
Backing up text messages on Android is nothing but a game of a few minutes. So, do not ignore this typical but important feature as your messages have a plethora of information today that can be useful tomorrow.
Meanwhile, also go through:
- How To Recover Deleted Whatsapp Messages On Android
- How To Recover Deleted Facebook Messages On FB Messenger
- How to Organize SMS Inbox On Your Smartphone
- How to Send Or Receive Texts From Your Computer
While you are ready to backup and restore SMS on your Android phone, let us know your feedback and views on the same in the comment section below. With that, keep following us on the official page of Facebook and Twitter for more tech-updates.
davidwarneThanks for sharing such kind of useful information daily