“I can’t remember my screen time passcode; what do I do now?”
To err and to forget is human, and that’s quite understandable. For instance, you may have set up Screen Time passcode for yourself or your children but may have forgotten it, which is quite normal, significantly if you change it frequently or haven’t changed it for an extended period. But, jitter not if you have forgotten the Screen Time passcode of your iOS device, you’ve stumbled on the right post. Here we are going to discuss the various ways in which you can recover the Screen Time passcode in no time at all.
A Little Background About Screen Time?
Screen Time lets you check how much time you have spent on your iPhone or the various apps. And you don’t just get to check it for yourself, but you can even check the same for your children. We have delved into this feature a little deeper in this post.
Now, let’s get down to the issue, i.e., what would you do if you forgot your Screen Time passcode on your iPhone?
How To Recover Screen Time Passcode For Free?
1. Reset Forgotten Screen Time Passcode Using Apple ID, and Password
Forgot the iPhone Screen Time Passcode, one of the easiest ways to get it back or reset it is to use your Apple ID and password. Here are the steps to do that –
1. Open Settings
2. Tap on Screen Time
3. Tap on Change Screen Time Passcode.
4. Tap on Forgot Passcode.
5. Enter your Apple ID and Password.
6. Select a new Screen Time passcode.
2. Reset Settings
Another way you can reset your Screen Time passcode is to reset your iPhone’s settings to default, and even if that doesn’t work out, you can erase all the settings and contents on your iPhone. Here are the steps to do just that –
1. Go to Settings.
2. Tap on General.
3. Tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone.
4. When the reset screen appears, tap on Reset or Erase All Content and Settings.
3. Use A Third-Party Unlocker
Can’t seem to remember your Screen Time passcode, you can give a third-party Screen Time passcode unlocker a try. iMyFone LockWiper is one of the best iPhone unlockers available.
What is iMyFone LockWiper?
It is a utility that lets you bypass the various passcodes on your iPhone or iPad. It supports all iOS versions, including the latest iOS 16.
How To Remove Screen Time Passcode With iMyFone LockWiper –
1. Download, install and run iMyFone LockWiper on your Windows PC or Mac.
2. Select Unlock Screen Time Passcode.
3. Connect your iPhone to your computer or Mac.
4. Click on Start to Unlock.
5. After a few seconds, the Screen Time passcode will be removed.
4. Use iTunes to Restore iPhone and Recover Screen Time Passcode.
If you are an iOS user, you sure use iTunes and can easily retrieve your forgotten Screen Time passcode with the help of iTunes. However, before you go ahead with this step, we would urge you to backup the data on your iPhone.
1. Open Screen Time on your Mac or Windows PC.
2. Plug your iPhone into your system.
3. Click on your iPhone icon as soon as it appears on iTunes.
4. From the right-hand side, click on Restore iPhone.
It is important to note that you may be able to reset your Screen Time but might lose some data, so please backup your data before resetting your Screen Time passcode using iTunes.
We hope that you were able to retrieve the Screen Time passcode that you had forgotten. If yes, share which of the above methods helped you in the comment below. For more tech-related updates, how-to’s, and listicles, keep reading WeTheGeek. You can also connect with us on Facebook, YouTube, Flipboard, Pinterest, and Twitter.