Is someone spying on you through your Android phone? You see, spies and hackers are everywhere, digital devices being their ultimate tool of the trade. You may never even know when notorious spyware on your Android phone might flee away with your Android device’s precious data – your passwords, images, documents and what not!
Worry not! It’s just a matter of being ready and aware and for that, we have got your back. You and we are going to fight spyware out together with some of the best ways you can detect spyware on Android phones.
What Is Spyware On Android Phone?
To fight off your enemy, it is important to have a glimpse of them. This way, you know who you will be fighting with. So, what is spyware on Android phones? In simplest of the terms, you can take spyware as a “spying software” whose main intent is to spy on your Android device and send information to someone else. In most cases, it is deadly, and is installed on your Android device without your information.
How To Detect And Tackle Spyware on Android Phone?
Signs That There Is Spyware On Android Phone
1. Android Phone’s Behaving Strangely
Is your phone switching on and off abruptly? Do you frequently hear strange sounds from your device? Do apps open on your phone just like that? It might not be a ghost but there could be someone trying to spy on your phone.
2. Android Phone’s Running Slower Than A Snail
Maybe not as slow as a snail, but even if for puny little tasks, your phone takes forever to respond, chances are that there is spyware on Android on your phone.
3. Apps That Weren’t Supposed To Be There Appear Out Of Nowhere
Do you see apps that you didn’t install and that have appeared out of nowhere? Chances are high that your Android device has been hit by spyware and maybe these apps have been planted to extract information from your device.
4. Excessive Data Usage
Browsing the net, binging on social media might not be legit for good health, but you can rest assured that it is only you who is using the data. But what if you are not using the internet, then who else is? Could be a spy.
Here’s an awesome way to keep track of data usage –
You can keep a check of your data usage with the help of Check Data Usage. It helps you keep track of your Wi-Fi data usage. It’s armed with features like the ones mentioned below –
- Helps you set data plan
- Optimizes internet in a manner that backgrounded processes and app will stay within the confines of your data plan
- Data usage activity is shown in the form of comprehensive charts
- Cleans RAM and Cache
5. What Is Eating My Android Phone’s Battery
We don’t deny the fact, there could be several reasons why there could be excessive battery drainage on an Android device. But, we also don’t deny the fact that battery drainage could also signify spyware on Android phone. Spyware creates extra background processes which hog on your battery. Not to mention, battery drainage is the reason why your Android phone might be performing poorly.
What Should You Do If You Notice Signs Like The Ones Mentioned Above?
Here’s A One-Stop Solution To Detect Spyware on Android And Fight It!
Above all the steps you take, here’s one that’ll cement your security against Spyware under all circumstances. Install Systweak Anti-Malware and enjoy your Android device in a carefree manner. It is an intuitive app which has an easy-to-use interface. The features include:
Note: This app has been discontinued.
- You can schedule automated malware scans on a daily or weekly basis
- Remove spyware, malware, adware and all other kinds of malicious viruses
- 24*7 real time security and privacy
- It lists all those applications that can cost you money
- Whitelist app feature
- Reports all those apps that can access your personal information, track your location, call details, etc
Other Steps You Can Take To Fight Spyware on Android phone
- Always try and install apps from a credible source. And, if some app has a bad reputation, don’t install it, its as simple as that
- Try and avoid public Wi-Fi’s. Public Wi-Fi is a favourite of hackers and spies.
If need be and if you still have to use a public Wi-Fi might as well use a VPN. NordVPN is one of the best VPN for Android that caters to more than 12 million users across the globe.
With the help of NordVPN you can –
- Protect your data, thanks to military-grade encryption
- Browse the web from different locations and maintain anonymity by appearing to be browsing from a different location
- Enjoy speedy browsing sessions, there are more than 5700 servers to help you do that!
- While browsing the internet on Android, make sure that you don’t click on suspicious attachments or ads.
Say No To Spyware
If how to detect spyware on Android phone has hit your mind, you have won half the battle. You’ll win the other half by incorporating the steps like the ones mentioned above. Also, if you have tricks up your sleeve that didn’t make it to ours, share it in the comments section below.
Sharing is caring! You see, threats can hit anyone’s device. So, if you don’t want your loved ones to fall prey, share this information everywhere.