As public awareness of dark web things has increased, ISP and govt surveillance has surged. Consequently, if users want to add a layer of confidentiality to dark web browsing, a user may want to consider an accessible VPN. However, free VPNs frequently generate revenue by revealing you to advertisements and selling sensitive information. As a result, dark web users always opt for a paid VPN more than a free one. But, if you are unsure which VPN to select to browse the dark web, we have compiled a list of the best VPNs for the dark web in this blog.
What are the Limitations of Free VPNs?
Typically, if something makes it sound too good, it is. And this is true of free VPNs. In addition, offering free VPNs can place your device and privacy at risk.
- Compatibility: Since free VPNs have fewer servers, users cannot be sure they contain nodes that can redirect internet traffic via the network.
- Security: Operating remote servers is costly, and complimentary services may sell personal information to cover these expenses. You do not want your confidential material to fall into the hands while using the dark web.
- Limitations: If you want to stream content from the dark web or start sharing large files via torrenting, the information restrictions of free VPNs will prevent you.
9 Best VPN For Dark Web:
We’ve evaluated many VPNs to determine which is usual for accessing the dark web. Here are the top recommendations, considering security, speed, and performance on the dark web.
1. Systweak VPN:
Systweak VPN conceals your IP address and enables unrestricted access to your favorite sites and entertainment. This VPN utilizes cutting-edge security technology to avert ISP throttling, override censorship, and provide online anonymity.
- Global Content Access Without Restrictions
- AES-256-bit encryption
- Internet Key Exchange Version 2 (IKev2)
- No logs policy
- Kill Switch – Never be concerned about a lost connection.
- Public Wi-Fi Security
- IP Address Masking
Get it now for 12 months and get 3 months free!
Read Detailed Review – Systweak VPN
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to access the dark web. Its variety of plans provides outstanding year-round coverage that is well worth the cost. Your ISP won’t be able to track you if you use the dark web, which is excellent for avoiding unwanted surveillance.
- Blazing-fast streaming speeds
- 3,000 servers throughout 94 countries
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- AES 256-bit encryption & fully automated kill switch
- Hidden service within the Tor network
- Strict no-logging policy
- five simultaneous connections
Read Detailed Review – ExpressVPN Review
CyberGhost is the best VPN for securely accessing the dark web. Using a 24-hour free trial, you can evaluate its encrypted communications, quick speeds, and other top features. Additional security can be added by using NoSpy servers at CyberGhost’s headquarters, which are only accessible by their employees. This means that when you use the dark web, your information is always safe from other people.
- Unlimited bandwidth and lightning-fast speeds
- Uninterrupted web surfing
- 7,928 servers in 90+ countries
- 45-day money-back guarantee and a day free trial
- Seven simultaneous device connections
- Compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, and Roku, among other platforms.
Read Detailed Review: CyberGhost VPN
4. Hotspot Shield
Hotspot Shield provides speeds comparable to premium amenities. During tests, users measured download speeds of over 85 Mbps and upload speeds of 42 Mbps. You will not find a free VPN faster for streaming and downloading content from the dark web.
- One high-speed U.S. server
- AES 256-bit encryption
- 500MB daily data limit
- Works on up to 5 devices.
- P2P compatibility
- Compatible with Windows, iOS, and Android.
Read Detailed Review: Hotspot Shield Review
Windscribe’s free package is comprehensive and offers many features as its paid plans. However, it has significant drawbacks being used on the dark web. You have more server options than plenty of free VPNs. You can connect to servers in 11 countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom, France, and Hong Kong.
- Uses Split tunneling.
- SHA512 auth and a 4096-bit RSA key
- Monthly data pack limit of 10GB
- Limitless device connections
- Access to 69 locations of server
- Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android are supported.
Read Detailed Review: Windscribe Review
ProtonVPN is among the few VPN services without a data cap. However, the free plan comes with additional restrictions. ProtonVPN is a free VPN that you can trust. ProtonVPN retains a strict no-logs policy and uses AES-256 encryption & DNS leak avoidance to keep one browsing private.
- VPN accelerator to increase speed.
- Secure Core Architecture.
- No advertisements with NetShield.
- Servers in 64 countries.
- No logging policy
- Uses the highest security encryptions.
Read Detailed Review: ProtonVPN Review
7. Hide. me
Hide.me is among the most secure free VPN services for the dark web. It adds a layer of anonymity to your browsing defense to cover any server outages. Hide.me is a reliable, secure, and ad-free VPN service for the dark web.
- AES 256-bit encryption.
- Easily bypass censorship.
- Uses Kill Switch.
- Protects from IP & DNS leaks.
- Automatically picks the fastest connection.
- No registration is required.
- Windows, OS X, Linux, iOS, Android, and certain routers.
Read Detailed Review: Hide.me VPN Review
8. Opera VPN
Opera is a free web browser with an integrated VPN service. However, you must modify the browser’s router settings to attach to the Tor network. Alternatively, add-ons such as Onion Browser Button & Tor Control can be used. However, if you are concerned about security, Opera’s VPN is administered from Canada, a 5 Eyes Surveillance Alliance member.
- Web browser with built-in VPN
- Onion browser add-on available
- Unlimited data transfer
- It does not support torrenting
- Follows no logs policy.
PrivateVPN, just like Proton VPN, also follows Swedish security laws. It doesn’t keep any user logs; even if govs or ISPs ask for your information, it will stay private. There is also a helpful guide on changing the OpenVPN client, so traffic goes through Tor first and then PrivateVPN.
- Free seven-day trial of the premium service
- Unlimited data
- Custom Tor support
- 2048-bit encryption
- Servers in sixty countries
Do not be misled by the absence of a price tag, as VPNs will cost you more in terms of your online privacy. While browsing the dark web, maintaining anonymity becomes even more crucial. Your safety is also risky; therefore, a free VPN is not suggested. Instead, You should use a dependable VPN service such as Systweak VPN, which offers a variety of superior privacy and security functionalities that free VPNs cannot.
We hope the article was helpful for you to learn about the best VPN for the dark web. We would like to know your views on this post to make it more useful. Your suggestions and comments are welcome in the comment section below. Share the information with your friends and others by sharing the article on social media.
Q1. How Risky Is Using A Free VPN Mainly On The Dark Web?
By monitoring your activity and revealing your data, free VPNs do precisely what VPNs are intended to prevent. Before using a free VPN, you must be aware of the risks. Due to the prevalence of hackers, fraudsters, & internet scammers on the dark web, you might place your information at risk of dangerous individuals.
Q2. Is The Dark Web Authorized?
Yes, accessing the dark web through anonymous browsers such as Tor is legal despite its negative reputation. It is an excellent tool for accessing helplines, censored news, and online gaming societies. However, some dark websites are illegal to access. Regardless of whether you are but use a VPN or not, it is essential to be vigilant while browsing.
We love to hear from you!
We are on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Let us know of any queries or suggestions. We love to get back to you with a solution. We regularly post tips, tricks, and answers to common technology-related issues.
Related Topics –