Creating a PDF involves a myriad of tasks, like crafting blank PDFs, merging or splitting pages effortlessly, and much more. A dependable PDF creator is like a digital wizard, effortlessly managing these tasks for you. No need to lift a finger or juggle multiple tools.
In this guide, we present a collection of top-notch PDF creator software. These tools ensure a seamless experience, whether you’re generating new documents, combining pages, or diving into any other PDF-related tasks.
What Features Should You Look For In A PDF Creator Tool
At the outset, we’d like to say that a PDF creator app is something that you’d enjoy exploring. That said, here are some features that you can look out for in a PDF creator app –
- Create a blank PDF or create PDF from multiple file formats – CAD files, images, Word documents, Excel files, etc.
- Change the various PDF-related settings – page size, page width, alignment, the number of pages you need, etc.
- If need be, you should be able to merge and split your PDF documents. This means you can add pages in a PDF document or separate pages and create new PDF files from them.
- Once you have created a PDF file, a PDF creator app also offers various security features. You can add passwords, add restrictions, sign PDF documents, redact areas and much more.
Best PDF Creators (Free and Paid)
1. Systweak PDF Editor
Systweak PDF Editor is an all-in-one tool that does every task possible as far as PDFs are concerned. Whether it is creating PDFs, managing and organizing them, adding annotations, or adding security restrictions, Systweak PDF Editor does everything with the utmost ease. To help you get started we have come up with a comprehensive post that teaches you how to use Systweak PDF Editor to edit & fine-tune PDF files. And, in case you wish to get an overview of all the various features, pricing and other aspects, you can check out this Systweak PDF Editor review.
- Edit PDFs.
- Merge and split PDF documents.
- Duplicate pages.
- Insert blank pages in a PDF.
- Add comments.
- Compress PDFs.
- A huge feature set might overwhelm some users.
Pricing – Free 7-day trial. Pricing starts at $69.95/ year
2. Wondershare PDFelement
If you are looking for a one-stop PDF solution powered by AI, Wondershare PDFelement is an option you can consider. It is swift, affordable, and offers an easy way to edit, sign, and convert PDF documents. It even lets you create PDF documents from scratch. Wondershare PDFelement allows you to create PDF files from Word files, images, and other file formats.
- Create PDFs right from scratch.
- Edit documents.
- Add backgrounds; choose backgrounds from a wide range of templates.
- Extract pages from the document.
- Merge and split documents.
- Occasional lags.
Pricing – Free 14-day trial. Pricing starts at $79.99/ year.
3. Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat is a comprehensive PDF creator tool that lets you generate, edit, and organize PDFs seamlessly. It comes with a user-friendly interface and various features. With this tool you can seamlessly carry out tasks like creating PDFs, converting documents to PDF format, merging PDFs, and a lot more.
- Create PDFs from images, Microsoft files, and more.
- Combine multiple PDFs into one.
- Adobe cloud storage.
- Redact PDf; delete sensitive data.
- Protect PDFs by adding passwords and restricting usage.
- The free version is only available for 7 days.
Pricing – Free 7-day trial. Pricing starts at $19.99/ month.
4. SwifDoo PDF
SwifDoo PDF is a feature-rich PDF editing tool. There are multiple ways in which you can create PDFs using SwifDoo PDF. You can create a blank PDF and adjust its various settings i.e. page size, the number of pages, etc or you can even create PDFs from images, scanners, CAD files, etc. Check out this post to know the various aspects of SwifDoo PDF Editor in detail.
- Multiple editing options.
- Convert various documents of various file formats to PDF.
- Merge and split documents or pages.
- Add images and hyperlinks; also there are various options to annotate PDFs.
- Myriad of protection tools.
- Occasional crashes.
Pricing – 15-day free trial. Pricing starts at $13.3/ month (billed every quarter at $60)
5. Sejda PDF
Sejda PDF is a PDF editing tool that is available as both offline as well as online PDF editing software. This means regardless of the PDF creation or editing task, you can create a PDF using the standalone Windows software as well as use the PDF creator version online.
- Easily add and remove pages from a PDF document.
- Make fillable PDFs read-only.
- Add an image or text watermark.
- Straighten and deskew scanned PDF pages.
- Cropping functions – trim PDF margins or change PDF page size.
- Lacks OCR functionality.
Pricing – The free version available that offers limited functionality. Pricing starts at $63/ year which is inclusive of Sejda PDF creator online.
6. MiniTool PDF Editor
Another great tool that can help you create PDF documents is MiniTool PDF Editor. For instance, when you click on “Create” and intend to create a blank PDF document, it lets you select page size, page orientation, customize height and width, and even add the number of pages you want. You can even create PDFs from images, from an existing file, CAD file or even from a scanner.
- Various options to edit PDF documents.
- Merge and split documents.
- Compress files.
- Add a watermark to PDF documents.
- Tabbed interface.
- Limited advanced features in the free version.
Pricing – Free 7-day trial. Pricing starts at $19/ month.
As a Windows user, what we liked about PDFescape is the fact that it bears a resemblance to Microsoft applications. You can create PDFs by clicking on the Create menu from the top or clicking on the Create PDF from the left-hand pane. Once you have done that, you can create a blank PDF, create a PDF from a file, from a clipboard, from a scanner, and a URL. You can even merge files and compile them into a PDF.
- Batch creates PDFs from multiple files and folders.
- Customizable layout settings.
- Sign and secure documents.
- GPU-accelerated graphics and image filtering features.
- Add bookmarks and layers.
- Lacks some advanced PDF editing features.
Pricing – Free trial available. Pricing starts at $2.99/ month
Efficiency Unleashed: Top PDF Creators Revealed
PDF creation doesn’t have to be a monotonous task, isn’t it? And, that’s exactly the intent of this post. Here we have enlisted some of the best tools with which you can effortlessly create PDF files and perform an ocean of tasks on them.
If you have a favorite amongst the above-listed PDF creator tools, share your opinion in the comments section below. And, also tell us what you prefer – online or offline PDF creator.