Reading a manual to know steps to troubleshoot or watching a tutorial to do the same, what would you prefer? I prefer the latter as it is better to show, then tell. What if you want to guide someone to troubleshoot, what would you choose, screenshots(images) or screen recorded video? Screen recording is better to understand. To record your screen, you need screencast software for Windows.
What Is Screencast?
Screencast is a way to capture a video of your PC’s screen. It could also include audio narration. In other words, screencast is a way of taking screenshots but instead of images, it is the form of video.
Best Screencast Software For Windows
1. Filmora Scrn
One of the best screencast apps, Filmora scrn comes with powerful features to record high-quality videos. The app is simple and its interface is intuitive.
Features of Filmora Scrn:
- The app is ideal to record your fast speed games from 15-120 FPS.
- Enables you to record from your webcam and screen concurrently.
- Comes with a lot of powerful tools to edit clips, change size and shape of cursors, and other annotations.
- Can record screen for unlimited time
The app works on Windows and Mac. This screencast software for Windows allows you to add a second image or video to your main video with ease.
2. Open Broadcaster Software
Open Broadcaster Software, widely known as OBS, a screencast tool on Windows 10. The tool is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Features Of Open Broadcaster Software:
- Comes with high-quality real-time audio and video capturing.
- Allows you to use multiple images, window capture, text, webcams, and capture cards to create a scene.
- Has an intuitive audio mixer with noise gate, gain, and noise suppression.
- It has modular Dock UI which enables you to rearrange the layout.
OBS comes with robust and simple configuration options, you can add new sources, create a duplicate of current ones, and adjust their properties easily.
ActivePresenter is a simple screencast software for Windows which can be helpful in video editing. It is also a robust eLearning authoring software.
Features Of ActivePresenter:
- Record a screen, edit screencast videos, annotate and create eLearning contents in HTML5
- It comes with a powerful set of tools and intuitive design.
- With Smart Capture, every time a key is pressed or mouse is clicked, it is captured as a slide. It makes captured videos more understandable.
- Records audio from microphone along with system audio while recording screen.
ActivePresenter records screen as a full-motion video and embeds into a slide for editing, voice-over, close captions, annotations, and animation effects.
Camstudio is a screencast software on Windows available for free. The software can capture your screen and all audio on your Windows computer.
Features Of CamStudio:
- Create high-quality AVI video files.
- Converts AVI videos into bandwidth-friendly SWFs.
- Enables you to add good quality screen captions to your screencast videos in a few seconds
- Add a personalized touch with a webcam movie in “picture-in-picture” over your desktop.
This screencast app gives you full control over the output of your video, you can record a section of the screen or full screen. It allows you to increase or decrease the size of the video recording.
5. Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder
Apowersoft Online Screen Recorder is a screencast software that allows you to record your screen on Windows with ease. It is a simple tool that fulfills professional needs as well.
Features Of Apowersoft Online Screen Recorder:
- Saves your screen recording in MP4.
- Comes with an inbuilt converter, which can convert the output video file into AVI, FLV, WMV, SWF, and more
- Enables you to record all the activities happening on your Windows in a specific section, full window or app window.
- It records audio efficiently along with the screen.
You can record your screen on desktop and also record video it using a webcam. The app is available for Skype, GTalk, and MSN.
Whether you are pro or newbie, Screencast-O-Matic is for all, who wants to screencast on Windows. The tool is easy to use and comes with an intuitive interface.
Features Of Screencast-O-Matic:
- Comes with a stock library to create and improvise your videos.
- Can screencast of a section, entire window, or app window.
- Add webcam recording in a picture in picture mode and change the size of the recording as well.
- Allows you to trim the start, or end part of the recording to remove unwanted sections.
This screencast software allows you to add narration with the help of microphone of your choice
Ezvid is a robust and simple to use screencast app for Windows. The tool is available for Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP.
Features Of Ezvid:
- Comes with a video editor and video speed control.
- Allows you to add music to the videos to enhance them.
- With the tool, you can record screen for desktop, games, and browser.
- It also has an instant slideshow maker and simple video speed control
Ezvid allows you to record, edit video. You can save the video or upload it to YouTube directly.
So, these are some of the best free screencast software for Windows. Try them out and create videos, add audio, edit them, save them to your library. Which one is your favorite? Do let us know in the comments section below.