Is Zombie Army 4: Dead War not starting? Do you see black screens when you launch Zombie Army 4: Dead War? Yes, you have come to the right place. Here we will discuss the most effective and workable solutions to fix Dead War Crashing on PC.
Developed by Rebellion Developments, Zombie Army 4: Dead War is a third-person shooter, the sequel of Zombie Army Trilogy (2015). Popular among PC users for its graphics, this game is rated 9/10 on Steam. Yet, recently some users have complained about facing issues with the Zombie Army 4: Dead War.
If you can relate with it or Zombie Army 4: Dead War is crashing on PC, follow this troubleshooting guide. Here we will explain the best ways to fix random crashing or black screen when launching Zombie Army 4: Dead War.
Reasons for Zombie Army 4: Dead War Keeps Crashing
- PC configuration does not support the minimum system requirements required for the game to run.
- Missing or corrupt game files.
- Outdated GPU or graphics driver.
- If you are using an older version of DirectX, you might face frequent crashes while playing Zombie Army 4: Dead War.
- Running an outdated version of Zombie Army 4: Dead War game.
- Using an older version of the Steam client.
- Unwanted background running processes.
- Third-party or Windows Defender Firewall blocking Zombie Army 4: Dead War.
Now, let’s move further and learn the best fixes to resolve Zombie Army 4: Dead War crashing on PC.
Before getting into technical details, we suggest you check if your system meets minimum requirements or not.
Minimum/Recommended System Requirements for running Zombie Army 4: Dead War:
- OS: Windows 7 or Windows 10 (64-Bit)
- Processor: Intel Core i3-6100 (or AMD equivalent)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GT 1030 2GB (or AMD equivalent)
- Storage: 60 GB available space
If your system meets the above requirements and you still face problems when running Zombie Army 4: Dead War, follow the fixes below.
5 Best Ways To Fix Zombie Army 4 – Dead War Crashing On PC
1. Update your graphics driver
Corrupt or outdated graphics card in most cases is the reason for game crashing issues. This means, to fix Zombie Army 4 – Dead War crashing on PC, you need to update graphics cards.
Note: Flickering issues, FPS drop, and game stuttering issues are also caused due to outdated or corrupted graphics cards.
To use this driver updater utility, you don’t need to know any system configuration or visit the manufacturer’s website. This best driver updating software does everything on its own. However, if you use its trial version, you will have to update each driver individually. While using the registered version, you can update all outdated drivers in a go.
With that said, it’s up to using which method you would like to update drivers – manual or automatic.
For your convenience, we will explain both ways.
Updating Graphics Driver using Smart Driver Care
- Download and install Smart Driver Care
- Run the utility to update drivers and click Scan Now.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- Once done, you will get a list of outdated drivers.
Note: If you are using the trial version of Smart Driver Care, you will need to click the Update Driver option to update outdated graphics drivers. However, if you are using the registered version by clicking Update All you can update all outdated and corrupted drivers at the same time.
- Once this is done, restart the PC to apply changes and then try to run Zombie Army 4 – Dead War. You should not face any problems.
However, if you are the DIY type and would like to update drivers on your own, follow the steps below.
Updating Graphics Card Manually
Pro Tip – Before we explain how to update a driver manually, remember doing so is risky. As downloading and installing an incorrect driver might even crash the PC.
AMD, Intel, and NVIDIA keep updating drivers, and to update them manually you need to visit your graphics card manufacturer. By clicking the link given below you can head to their website:
Once you are on the manufacturer’s site, look for the graphics card compatible with the version of Windows you are using (for example, Windows 64 bit or Windows 32 bit and the version). Next, download the driver manually and follow on-screen instructions to install it.
In addition to this, you can read our previous post on how to update drivers on Windoes 10.
2. Decrease In-Game Graphics Settings
Say, for example, if your PC fails to meet minimum system requirements, we suggest decreasing graphics quality from the game settings. This will help avoid Zombie Army 4 – Dead War crashing issues as the load on PC will be less.
Once the graphics quality is reduced, try running Zombie Army 4 – Dead War, the game should run seamlessly. However, if this does not help and the game still crashes, move to the next solution.
Pro Tip: If you use an NVIDIA card, try tweaking some of its settings. For this, you need to follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the space on Desktop > select NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Head to NVIDIA 3D settings.
- Change the settings for Zombie Army 4 – Dead War or all programs and games.
Note: To change for all programs select Global Settings. However, if you just want to do it for Zombie Army 4 – Dead War select Program Settings.
- Set Maximum pre-rendered frames to 1, Preferred refresh rate to “Highest available” and Power Management Mode to “Prefer maximum performance”.
- Next, set Threaded optimization to ON and disable Vertical sync. That is change it to OFF.
- Save the settings and close the panel.
Now try to run Zombie Army 4 – Dead War you should not face any problem while running the game.
3. Verify The Game Files
Faulty or corrupt game files can also trigger Zombie Army 4 – Dead War crashing and black screen issues. Hence, to fix this issue we suggest verifying game files. To do so, follow the steps below:
For Steam Users:
If you are a Steam user, follow these steps to verify game files.
- Open Steam.
- Navigate to the LIBRARY tab > look for Zombie Army 4 – Dead War, right-click > Properties.
- Next, click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE…”
- Wait for Steam to verify game files, this process might take several minutes.
Once done, try running the game, you should no longer face the game crashing issue.
For Users Using Epic Games Launcher:
If you use Epic Games Launcher to run the game, follow the steps below to verify game files.
- Launch Epic Game Launcher
- Head to Library click the gear icon on the lower right of Zombie Army 4: Dead War.
- Thereafter, hit This will begin the game files verifying process.
Note: The process might take some time, so wait for it to finish.
- Afterwards, try to run Zombie Army 4 – Dead War you should not face any problems.
4. Install the latest game patch
To fix bugs and improve gaming performance developers of Zombie Army 4: Dead War keep releasing updates. There’s a possibility that you are using an older version of the game hence facing crashing issues. To fix it, we suggest installing the latest game patch released.
Note: When a patch is available Epic Games Launcher and Steam automatically download and install the patch when the game is run.
Once the patch is installed, try running Zombie Army 4: Dead War to check if the game crash issue is fixed or not. If it hasn’t, move to the next step.
5. Add the game as an exception to your 3rd party antivirus software
Often Zombie Army 4 – Dead War game crashing issue, is a result of third-party antivirus or Windows Firewall. Hence, to fix the issue we suggest adding Zombie Army 4 – Dead War to the exclusion list of the security application you are using.
Note: Antivirus blocks Zombie Army 4 – Dead War as it consumes a lot of memory and is considered as a potential threat by antivirus applications.
Pro Tip: Add Game, Steam, or Epic Games Launcher as an exception to the third-party antivirus application you are using. If needed, disable it temporarily.
In addition to this, if you are looking for the best security application for Windows, try Systweak Antivirus. This antivirus application detects threats in real-time, is light on system resources, scans startup items, protects from Zero-day exploits, and offers other security features. To know more about it, read the detailed review.
We hope this article helped fix the Zombie Army 4: Dead War crash issue on Windows. In addition to the above solution if you have any other fixes, please share them in the comments box. Also, share your feedback, we’d love to hear from you. Follow us on social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.