Although there are a variety of YouTube Video Downloaders available for Windows & Mac, they allow you to download and save entire video clips. But what if you just want to capture a specific portion of the video? Or maybe just record the main highlights of gameplay to share with your friends? Well, in such cases screen recording software for YouTube remains the ideal option.
You can use the following handpicked list of video recorders to save videos in popular file formats like MP4, MOV, GIF, etc. and many of them can also be easily utilized to record live streaming. So, without further ado, let’s check out the Best YouTube Video Recorders For Gamers (2021).
In case you want to record yourself while playing games, you should check out our list of Best Webcam Software to get started!
Best 7 Video Recording Software For YouTube (2022)
The market has tons of options to choose from, you just need to choose the one that suits your needs. Weigh the Pros & Cons of these screen recorders for PC before investing your precious time in them!
1. TweakShot Screen Recorder
|Price: Free Trial/$39.95 for 1 Year|
|USP: Popular tool used for personal, work-related & educational videos in 4K and HD quality.|
|Latest Version: 188.8.131.52028|
|Compatibility: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7 (Both 32-bit & 64-bit)|
Talking about Best Screen Recording Software for Windows & not mentioning TweakShot Screen Recorder is certainly not possible. The program is a popular choice among both novice & professional users to capture a wide variety of screenshots and record videos. It can effectively record webcam, system audio, and microphone. You can customize the video quality, screen recording settings, and more.
PROS & CONS:
Here are some of the advantages & disadvantages of using TweakShot Screen Recorder.
- No limit on recording YouTube videos & more.
- Hotkeys to capture the screen.
- Customize the watermark.
- Allows you to highlight the mouse cursor & add click sounds.
- Free version comes with a watermark.
2. Wondershare Filmora9
|Price: Free trial/$39.99 for 1 Year|
|USP: Excellent option for creating impressive movies with help of a rich collection of tools|
|Latest Version: 10.4.1.3|
|Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7 (64-bit)|
Wondershare Filmora9 is one of the best software to record video games on PC. In comparison to popular screen capturing tools, it comes with a built-in video editor to refine captured screen and produce professional-looking output. Additionally, it features tools to convert and share video clips on hosting websites like YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook.
PROS & CONS:
Here are some of the advantages & disadvantages of using Wondershare Filmora9.
- Supported formats include AVI, MP4, WebM, TS & MPEG-2.
- Provides tools for adding effects & annotations.
- Comes with a built-in video editor.
- Tools to record from webcam, PC screen, or just Voiceover.
- Some performance issues.
How To Record Windows Screen With Filmora9?
3. NVIDIA’S ShadowPlay
|Price: Free YouTube Recorder For PC|
|USP: Record screen for an unlimited duration, free of cost.|
|Latest Version: 184.108.40.206|
|Compatibility: Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10|
|Download NVIDIA’S ShadowPlay!|
ShadowPlay is the best free video game capture software for gamers that comes with two different modes to record screen: Manual Mode & Shadow Mode. The first option is a normal recording mode, while the second one provides a way to have the recording always on, storing data to a temporary folder, and when you find something good to share press a hotkey to save the clip.
PROS & CONS:
Here are some of the advantages & disadvantages of using NVIDIA’S ShadowPlay.
- Unlimited recording time in Manual Mode.
- Can record 4K Resolution without any hiccups.
- Uses minimal system resources.
- Convenient & snappy record and replay option.
- Not compatible with older OS versions.
How To Record Gaming Highlight Clips With ShadowPlay?
4. OBS Studio
|Price: Free YouTube Video Recorder|
|USP: High-performance real-time video/audio capturing and mixing.|
|Latest Version: 27.0.1|
|Compatibility: Windows 10 & 8 (Both 32-bit & 64-bit)|
|Download OBS Studio!|
You saw this coming, right? OBS (Open Broadcast Software) is a free video capture software for Windows PC, mainly used for live game streaming on YouTube & Twitch. The powerful screen recorder is optimized for all types of games and supports recording in a variety of file formats such as flv, .mov, or .mp4. Its custom transition feature helps you to switch between multiple windows during live streaming. Quite useful, right?
PROS & CONS:
Here are some of the advantages & disadvantages of using OBS Studio.
- Free & open-source YouTube video recording software for gamers.
- Reliable live game streaming.
- Supports both external & internal audio sources.
- Allows you to share videos on YouTube, Twitch, Facebook Live, io, etc
- Lacks video editor.
- Boring & outdated dashboard.
How To Record Gameplays With OBS Studio?
5. EaseUS RecExperts
|Price: Free trial/$19.95 for 1 Month|
|USP: Complete solution for capturing screenshots & recording|
|Latest Version: 220.127.116.11|
|Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7 (Both 32-bit & 64-bit)|
Next on our list of best screen recording software for YouTube is EaseUS RecExperts. The application is a suitable choice if you wish to grab the entire desktop screen, particular region, a specific window or through a webcam along with the audio. The video capture program brings a professional pack of advanced editing options to add tons of visual elements and more.
PROS & CONS:
Here are some of the advantages & disadvantages of using EaseUS RecExperts.
- Supports file formats such as MP4, WMV, MOV, FLV, ASF, AVI, and so
- Allows you to trim your video clips or add your watermarks.
- Supports scheduling recording tasks.
- Can record 2D and 3D games in a high 4K UHD resolution.
- In the demo version, you are limited to 2 minutes of recording.
- Watermark on the output.
How To Record Games On PC With EaseUS RecExperts?
|Price: Free Trial/$39 for one license|
|USP: Easy to understand dashboard, a suitable choice for novice users|
|Latest Version: 18.104.22.1687|
|Compatibility: Windows XP, 10, 8.1, 8, and 7|
It’s a perfect YouTube Video Recorder for beginners, as it is easy to understand and use on Windows 10. You can adjust the screen size for capturing according to your needs and share the final output directly on YouTube. Unlike most game recording tools, Bandicam comes with a built-in compressor that ensures high quality while sharing files.
PROS & CONS:
Here are some of the advantages & disadvantages of using Bandicam.
- Allows you to video record for over 24 hours & more.
- Supports recording video at 4K Ultra HD resolution.
- You can record two different audio inputs consecutively.
- Allows you to record external video devices such as webcam, IPTV,
- You may face problems while recording live streaming.
- Watermark on the output video
How To Use Bandicam Game Capture Software?
|Price: Free Trial/$37/One-time-Payment|
|USP: Allow you to capture screen, record videos, and benchmark your CPU|
|Latest Version: 3.5.99|
|Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista & XP|
Well, FRAPS is undoubtedly a Swiss Army Knife for capturing screenshots, recording screens, and benchmarking. The tool is a popular choice for recording gameplays and reliably view frame rate counters (FPS). The game recorder supports scheduling timers for grabbing screens and ensures high-quality footage at affordable pricing.
PROS & CONS:
Here are some of the advantages & disadvantages of using FRAPS.
- Let’s enjoy the trial version of the trademark
- It can record your gameplay at an 8K Resolution display also.
- Helps in hiding mouse cursors in your videos.
- Allows you to set a screen capture hotkey.
- Can only save screenshots in BMP file format.
- Supports capturing 30-seconds long video only.
- Has a watermark on the final output.
How To Use FRAPS To Record Gameplay Videos?
Which Is The Best Screen Recording Software For YouTube? (2022)
The ideal YouTube Screen Recorder is the one that allows users to record for an unlimited duration, supports custom recording resolution, and has the option of personalizing the hotkeys to instantly start and pause the video capturing. All of the tools mentioned above have something best to offer. You can also watch the video tutorials provided above to learn how the tool works and choose the one you find most suitable. If you ask for our recommendation, we suggest using TweakShot Screen Capture Tool. It is easy to use and is equipped with tons of features to make your screen capturing and video recording experience effortless. To know more about the tool, you can read the complete review here!
|RELEVANT ARTICLES TO READ:|
|Top 10 Best Video Editing Software For Windows 10/8/7 (2022)|
|Best YouTube Video Converter Software|
|How To Download Embedded Videos From Websites For Free?|
|How To Download Someone Else’s Instagram Live Video?|