In the era of wireless technology, it’s always great to have a Wi-Fi connection working with your laptop or desktop. However, Wi-Fi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration is a common Windows problem that can occur at any time without any prior warning.
The error basically prevents the use of Wi-Fi & can occur even if you’re using an Ethernet connection on your device. Whenever this error pops-up it indicates that there’s a problem with computer TCP/IP stack (it’s a set of network protocol layers that can work in a negative manner altogether to result in an interruption to your Internet service).
Reasons Behind Wi-Fi Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration Error:
The error can occur via several issues, incorrect network settings, faulty network drivers, a third-party app is interfering with your connection, or maybe the antivirus software you’re using is preventing you from connecting the Internet. It can also be caused due to malfunctioning routers or DNS issues.
Wi-Fi Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration error usually arrives while troubleshooting. But unfortunately, Windows Troubleshooting only detects the error but doesn’t offer any solutions to fix it. Hence, you have to solve the respective error manually!
Five Best Methods To Fix Wi-Fi Doesn’t Have Valid IP Configuration Error?
Since there are several reasons for the error, we’ll walk you through different methods to help you deal with the issue.
METHOD 1- Reset The Router
Sometimes a plain reset is all required to fix the error:
- Shut down your PC as well as your router.
- Unplug your router and wait at least five minutes before you plug it back.
- After some time, plug in the router into the power outlet and turn on your computer.
Observe whether you’re still getting the error. If you’re still facing the issue, go ahead with the next method.
METHOD 2- Release & Renew IP Address
There might be an IP configuration problem, which is leading to this error, so you can get rid of the old IP address and assign a new IP to see if it helps you fix the issue. To do so, follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- Go to the Start menu > type Command Prompt > Right-click on the result and choose the option ‘Run as administrator’.
- Click ‘Yes’ on the next pop-up to continue to the Command Prompt window.
- In the CMD Window execute following commands & press Enter after each:
That’s all! Check now if you are able to connect to your Internet again.
Still facing trouble? Check out our next way to solve Wi-Fi Doesn’t Have Valid IP Configuration Error.
METHOD 3- Reset The TCP/IP
Resetting TCP/IP would help users to fix incorrect or corrupted Internet protocol settings on your computer.
Note: Make sure to create a System Restore point before you apply this method.
- Launch Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Execute the command: netsh winsock reset & click Enter.
- Now type: netsh int ip reset & again press Enter.
Restart your PC to check if this method has resolved your issue or not. If the issue is still pertaining, you can give a try to the next method.
METHOD 4- Uninstall The Wireless Adapter Driver
There might be a probability that the faulty network driver is causing the error. So, you can try uninstalling the defective wireless adapter driver. To do so:
- Go to the Start menu & search for Device Manager.
- Click on the Network adapters to expand it & right-click on your network adapter to Uninstall it.
- You’ll get a warning pop-up about uninstalling the device driver. Click Uninstall to confirm!
Restart your PC to implement the changes! Check t see if you can connect to the Internet.
METHOD 5 – Update Device Drivers
It’s essential to run the latest device drivers on your PC to make network adapters work smoothly. Various manufacturers regularly evaluate & update their hardware drivers so that users can run original drivers on their PC.
And, Advanced Driver Updater makes the process super-easy by providing you an inventory of your hardware. You can use the driver updater utility to check updates for each device driver installed on your PC. Instead of using Device Manager to remove and update faulty, missing or damaged drivers, you can rely on Advanced Driver Updater to fix all the outdated & fault drivers in a few clicks.
It boasts features like:
To update all your fault device drivers in one-go, follow the steps below:
- Download & Install the software on your Windows 10 PC.
- As soon as it gets installed, click on Start Scan Now button.
- Advanced Driver Updater just takes a few seconds to list all the outdated, damaged and missing drivers on your computer.
- Click on Update All button to fix all the device drivers at once.
All the latest drivers would be installed properly, you’ll also start noticing a great performance boost on your Windows 10 system!
The Final Word On “Wi-Fi Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration”: Error Fixed!
These were some of the most effective solutions to fix Wi-Fi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error on Windows 10 PCs. Do try them and let us know which one worked the best for you! Follow us on social media – Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.