Meta-owned WhatsApp Works on Android’s Broadcast Channel Conversation, Accompanied by a Dozen New Features.
WhatsApp, under Meta’s umbrella, is diligently crafting a broadcast channel conversation exclusively for Android users. This anticipated update, set to arrive with a remarkable set of 12 fresh additions, aims to revolutionize messaging experiences. Reliable sources from WABetaInfo reveal that the project is currently in the development phase, with eager beta testers eagerly anticipating the forthcoming update that will enable them to test this groundbreaking feature firsthand.
The company is leaving no stone unturned, meticulously implementing a host of channel features to ensure an unparalleled user experience upon the release of these much-awaited channels.
The New WhatsApp Broadcast Channel Features
WhatsApp has uncovered a set of fresh and exciting features in the “WhatsApp beta for Android 184.108.40.206” version, available on Google Play Store.
WhatsApp is in the works to introduce channels within the ‘Updates’ tab. These upcoming channels offer a unique feature where contact numbers of both followers and creators remain confidential, ensuring a high level of privacy for users. Although eagerly anticipated, it is important to note that these channels are still in the development stage and not yet ready for a beta release.
Read Also: Revolutionary Update: Use Your WhatsApp Account on Four Devices Simultaneously
Get a Glimpse of the Exciting Upcoming Features Ahead –
- Revamped Interface: WhatsApp introduces a revamped interface for channels, featuring a full-width display. This immersive messaging interface promises to enhance communication and engagement within channels. In a complementary update, WhatsApp is also rolling out a beta version 220.127.116.11 on iOS, introducing a matching interface update for community group announcements.
- Verification: WhatsApp is preparing to introduce a verification feature for channels. This highly anticipated update will grant verified channels a distinguished green checkmark, providing users with assurance regarding their authenticity.
- Follower Count: WhatsApp is introducing a new feature that allows channels to prominently showcase their follower count. Positioned below the channel name, this metric provides a quick assessment of the channel’s popularity and influence. In cases where the number of followers is substantial, the count may be rounded off for better readability.
- Mute Notifications: WhatsApp is rolling out a convenient solution for managing message notifications from channels. Users will now have access to a dedicated button within the channel header, allowing them to easily mute message notifications from specific channels.
- WhatsApp Handels: WhatsApp is taking a page from Instagram’s book by introducing support for handles within channels. Just like on Instagram, handles will play a significant role in channel identification and communication.
- Description of the Channel: WhatsApp is introducing a significant update that enables channel creators to provide additional details and context to their followers. With the inclusion of channel descriptions in the channel info screen, creators can now showcase the purpose, content, or any relevant information about the channel.
- Visibility of the Channel: WhatsApp is introducing an exciting update that allows channel creators to set their channels to a public visibility status. By enabling this option, channels become discoverable and viewable by anyone on the platform.
- Privacy Option: WhatsApp channels have been designed as a secure and private space, prioritizing the protection of user information. Within channels, user data remains confidential and is safeguarded from unauthorized access.
- Report Issues: WhatsApp is empowering users by introducing a reporting feature for channels they follow. If users encounter any issues or violations within a channel, they can easily report them. The moderation team will promptly review these reports and take necessary actions to address the concerns. In cases where channels violate the Terms of Service, appropriate measures, including suspension, will be implemented.
- Shortcuts: WhatsApp is dedicated to providing users with a seamless and efficient experience within channels. To facilitate this, convenient shortcuts will be introduced. Users will have the option to forward channel content to other contacts or groups, allowing for easy sharing of valuable information.
These new features are currently in the development stage and set to be introduced in a future version of WhatsApp. Beta testers will have the exclusive opportunity to experience these enhancements firsthand and provide valuable feedback for further refinement.
Read Also: WhatsApp Ups Its Security Game With These 3 Game-Changing Features
Alongside the new channel features, reports suggest that WhatsApp is diligently working on a groundbreaking addition called ‘admin review’ for Android users. This upcoming feature aims to equip group admins with powerful tools to enhance their group moderation capabilities.
For more of such latest tech news, listicles, troubleshooting guides, and tips & tricks related to Windows, Android, iOS, and macOS, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest.
You Will Soon Be Able To Lock WhatsApp Individual Chats: Here is How
Twitter to Soon Add Encrypted Messaging and Calling to take on WhatsApp
WhatsApp on Your Wrist: Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere with Wear OS App