Originally introduced as a ‘microblogging’ platform, Twitter (Now ‘X’) has evolved significantly, transforming into a multifaceted social media application. Although the Android and iPhone applications generally maintain stability, users may encounter occasional issues. Among these, a common frustration arises from X (Twitter) videos not playing. If you’ve encountered this problem, read on for solutions.
In today’s X (Twitter) conversations, videos, GIFs, and memes play a crucial role in enriching the user experience. But if you are unable to view a video or GIF, this can frustrate you.Therefore, this guide aims to address any issues you encounter. Before delving into solutions, let’s explore the underlying reasons for these challenges.
Reasons Why X (Twitter) Videos Not Playing on Your Android and iOS Device
Before diving headfirst into fixes, let’s understand the potential culprits behind your video woes. Here are the common suspects:
1. Network Woes: A weak or unstable internet connection can cripple video playback. Check your Wi-Fi signal strength or mobile data allowance.
2. App Mischief: A buggy X app can sometimes act up. We’ll explore updates and reinstallation options.
3. Setting Error: Auto play disabled, data saver engaged – these seemingly minor settings can cause big headaches.
4. Browser Blues: If you’re using X (Twitter) on a mobile browser, browser-specific issues might be at play.
5. Video Restrictions: In rare cases, the video might be geo-restricted or have compatibility issues.
Now that we’ve identified the potential troublemakers, let’s fix it once and for all.
Fixing X (Twitter) Videos Not Playing
Whether you are using an Android or an iPhone, this guide is your ultimate weapon against X video playback issues.
Fix 1: For Network-Related Hiccups
- Boost Your Connection: Connect to a stronger Wi-Fi network or ensure you have enough mobile data available. Consider restarting your router or mobile data connection for a refresh.
- Switch Networks: If Wi-Fi is acting up, try using mobile data (and vice versa) to see if the issue persists.
Fix 2: Taming the X App
- Update: An outdated app can harbor bugs. Head to the App Store or Google Play Store and ensure you have the latest version installed.
- Reinstall with a Fresh Start: Sometimes, a clean reinstall can work wonders. Uninstall the X app, give your device a quick restart and then reinstall it from the official app store.
- Check App Permissions: Make sure the X app has all the necessary permissions to access your device’s network and storage. Press and hold the X app for a sec> Info button> Permissions> check for the permissions of Photos and videos.
- Clear Cache of the App: Press and hold the X app for a moment > Info button> Storage> Tap on the icon of Clear cache.
Fix 3: Conquering Setting Errors
- Disable Data Saver: Data saver mode might restrict video playback. Disable it in X Settings & Support> Settings and privacy > Accessibility, display and Languages > Data usage > Make sure the toggle switch of the Data saver is turned off.
- Enable Media Previews: This setting allows X to pre-load videos, making them play faster. Find it in X Settings & Support> Settings and privacy > Accessibility, Display, and Languages > Display and Sound and toggle “Media previews” on.
Fix 4: Browser Tips
- Clear Cache and Cookies: Browser cache and cookies can sometimes interfere with video playback. Clear them in your browser settings for a fresh start.
- Update Your Browser: Just like the X app, an outdated browser can cause issues. Update it to the latest version for optimal performance. Head to the App Store or Google Play Store and ensure you have the latest version installed.
- Try a Different Browser: If the issue persists in your current browser, switch to another one like Chrome, Safari, or Firefox to see if the problem persists.
Fix 5: Addressing Video Restrictions
- Location Matters: If the video is geo-restricted, you might not be able to play it unless you use a VPN service (use caution and only with reputable providers).
- Format Frenzy: In rare cases, the video format might not be compatible with your device. Unfortunately, there’s not much you can do in this case unless the video owner uploads a compatible version.
Bonus Tips for Smoother Sailing
- Reduce Background Activity: Close unnecessary apps running in the background to free up resources and potentially improve video playback performance.
- Check X Status: On rare occasions, X itself might be experiencing temporary issues that affect video playback. Check their official status page for updates.
- Report the Issue: If you’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, report the problem to X They can offer further assistance.
X (Twitter) Videos Not Playing: Fixed
Remember, patience is key! Trying these solutions in order should get your X (Twitter) videos playing smoothly again. If the issue persists, try different solutions methodically, and don’t hesitate to seek help from X support. With the right approach and a little troubleshooting know-how, you’ll be back to enjoying those videos.