A lot of times, some websites are not accessible on Google Chrome and a flash of ‘This site can’t be reached” appears on the screen. At the same time, this website starts working on Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. We know that those who use Google Chrome regularly find it a bit annoying.
This error could be due to Chrome settings, DNS settings or any firewall interrupting the connection. Whatever it is, some of the troubleshooting tips will help you on the way.
Yes, we have tried to fix here the issue of This site can’t be reached error in Google Chrome. Check it out!
Fix This Site Can’t Be Reached Error In Google Chrome
Fix 1: Reboot DNS Client
This method has to go through the steps mentioned below:
1. Go to the Start menu. Write Services to open the Services Window.
2. Find the DNS client in the next window. Press right-click over it and choose ‘Restart’ from the list unfolded.
3. Once done, restart your computer system, and most probably, the error “ This website cannot be reached” will be gone away.
Also Read: How To Resolve 404 Not Found Error
Fix 2: Reset TCP/IP Stack
Follow these steps to reset TCP/IP stack.
1. Open Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator by pressing Start and typing ‘cmd’ here.
2. Start running following commands.
Netsh int ip set dns
Netsh winsock reset
3. Once all of the above commands are run properly, simply restart the computer system.
Fix 3: Change IPv4 DNS Address
When you are getting This site can’t be reached on Google Chrome issue, you might need to approach these steps as well. This step most likely can solve the issue quite easy.
- Press Windows Key+R, to begin with.
- In the run command, type ncpa.cpl and click OK.
- Double click on the Internet connection. Click on the Properties button.
- Here, locate the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) and click on it.
5. Now as you can see an option to set DNS address manually, enter the server address:
6. Tick mark on ‘Validate settings upon exit’ and click OK.
In case you can’t see the changes yet, restart the computer. Hopefully, This site can’t be reached error would be gone by then.
Also Read: Ways To Fix Error Code 0xc0000225 In Windows 10
Fix 4: Check Experimental QUIC Protocol
To disable the Experimental QUIC protocol, follow these steps mentioned below.
1. In the Chrome search bar, enter chrome://flags/ and then Enter.
2. Either scroll down or type Experimental QUIC Protocol to locate it.
3. You can see that it is a Default. Make it Disabled by clicking on it, and selecting from the drop menu.
4. Restart your Chrome, and see if this has worked for you.
Fix 5: Try Network Troubleshooter
1. Once again, press Windows+R and enter ncpa.cpl.
2. Open the network connections, right-click on the connected internet, and select Diagnose.
3. You might find a message stating DHCP is not enabled for ‘Wireless Network Connection’.
4. After clicking Next, click on ‘Try these repairs as an Administrator’.
5. Now click ‘Apply this fix’.
6. Restart your PC once again, and save changes.
While using Windows 10, you might not face the situation of This site can’t be reached.
Fix 6: Update Drivers (Wireless Adapter)
You can choose to update the driver by going through the process of Windows + R> devmgmt.msc. Find your Network adapter and update it.
Fix 7: Check Settings Of Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and type ‘chrome://flags/’ and Enter.
- Here, select Reset all to default.
- Launch Google Chrome again after rebooting the system.
This could be a strong solution for This site can’t be reached error in Google Chrome.
Fix 8: Reinstall Chrome
This site can’t be reached error on Google Chrome still flashing up? Finally, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Google Chrome once again.
- Go to Control Panel, and choose ‘Uninstall a Program’ under Programs.
- Once done, download Google Chrome once again.
- Restart the computer system once again, and try again.
We have explained to you various fixes for This site can’t be reached error; we hope you can easily get back to the website you have been waiting for on Google Chrome on Windows 10.
Follow us on social media – Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.