And it’s looking glorious! There are bunch of new useful features baked in the new mobile OS version. Let’s’ check them out!
What’s Inside Android Q Program?
Looks like, Privacy is the major focus on Android Q. Take a look at some of the major features & changes introduced with the new OS.
Privacy & Security:
- With the new Android Q, users would be allowed to give apps permission without letting developers see their location.
- New ‘runtime permissions’ will be incorporated that let users control app access to the Photos, Videos & Music.
- Android Q will prevent mobile applications from launching an ‘Activity’ while running in the background.
- Developers would be restrained for using a high-priority notification.
- The new mobile OS version will also limit the access to device IMEI, serial number, MAC address & other information when connected to Wi-Fi’s.
- Full gesture navigation & better multitasking.
- Emergency shortcut in Power menu.
- Haptic feedback while selecting texts.
- Revamped ‘App Info’ page.
- New ‘Enter Key’ introduced in the keypad.
- Updated APK installer UI.
- Fresh ‘Notification Bell’ icon.
- Wi-Fi settings get QR code sharing for easy connect.
- Android Pie’s ‘Night mode’ settings are replaced by the system-wide ‘Dark Theme’ in Android Q.
- ‘Material Theme’ for File Explorer.
- Newly added ‘Screen recorder’.
And a lot more! You can undoubtedly expect more user-centric improvements and features with upcoming Beta programs!
How To Enroll The Android Q Beta Program On Your Pixel Phone?
To immediately get Android Q Beta 1 program on your Pixel phone, follow the quick steps below:
- To enroll your device, simply head towards to Android Q Beta Sign-Up page.
- Ensure you have a compatible device > click ‘Opt-In’ > Accept T&C > click ‘Join Beta’.
- Now keep patience, let Google do some magic to update your device on their servers. Once done, just head over to your smartphone’s Settings > click ‘System’ > hit ‘Advanced’ > find new ‘Android Q’ update under ‘System Updates’.
Perhaps the most important question of all, what will the new Android Q be called? Some anticipations have been made, while we think it could be known as ‘Quiche’, ‘Quesito’ or maybe ‘Queen of Puddings’.
What do you think?