Games are always addictive, especially if you’re playing them on a bigger screen. Sometimes, games require adequate controllers to suffice your expectations from them. However, depending on the quality, these controllers may cost you an arm and a leg. But, how about using your Android as a controller for PC! Well, it’s not as complicated as it sounds.
Google Play Store has a plethora of applications that can convert your Android as a gaming console. However, we’re going to refer to Mobile Gamepad in this guide where we’re going to elaborate how to use your Android as a controller for PC step by step:
- Download and install Mobile Gamepad on your Android.
- You need to download the server software on your PC, which you can directly download by clicking here.
- Install the server software by opening server.exe.
- The Android app asks you to put the server IP in a different screen, which you can find in the software installed on your PC.
- Put the IP code in your Android application to connect both the devices. Make sure, both the devices are connected to the same network.
- You’re now connected and can use your Android as a controller for PC.
- You’re allowed to enable motion sensors for steering. You can also make few changes to controller’s sensitivity by going into the Settings.
Once you’re done with all the necessary changes and setup, you’re ready to roll. Mobile Gamepad supports L1, L2, R1, R2 buttons with custom configurations and offers swipe controls, mouse movement and clicking emulations. You can use your Android volume button to control the Windows volume. Mobile Gamepad has the ability to use device accelerometer for games like flight simulation & racing games; moreover, its free.