Snapchat is a social media platform that allows you to share snaps and videos which get deleted, right after viewing. It is a fun way to communicate and also you don’t have to worry about others prying your chat history. Though, sometimes some of the videos created or snaps sent are worth saving. Sadly, Snapchat doesn’t allow you to save them on your device and also notifies the sender if you take a screenshot of the snap sent. What if you really like a video or snap sent by your friend and want to save it?
Well, there is no straight way to do that, but did we say it can’t be done! In this post, we will discuss how to save Snapchat videos on your smartphone.
Best Ways to Save or Download Snapchat Videos
Method 1: Keep It Simple: Use Screen Recorder
How to Record Snapchat Videos on iPhone:
With iOS 11, Apple introduced an inbuilt screen recording app which makes it so simple to capture screen and download videos. To get a screen recorder to work in a swipe and tap, you must add it to Control Centre and make downloading Snapchat videos easy.
To add a screen recording icon, follow these steps:
- Launch Settings app.
- Navigate and Tap Control Centre.
- Choose the “Customize Controls” and tap + button beside the Screen Recording icon.
This icon will appear in Control Centre and you can tap it and record your screen.
Now, that you have the screen recorder in a swipe and tap, follow these steps:
- Go to Snapchat video that you want to download, Swipe up to get Control Centre. Tap Screen Recording icon.
- The screen recording will start after the 3-second countdown. You will notice a red bar on the top of the screen, which indicates it is recording.
- Once the video is recorded, tap on the red bar to stop the recording. You can also bring up the Control Centre and tap on the Screen recording icon to stop it.
The recording will be saved in Photos.
How to Record Snapchat Videos on Android:
So far Android has not come up with an inbuilt screen recording app, that’s why you need to turn to third-party tools on Google Play Store. One of the best screen recording apps on Android is AZ Screen Recorder – No Root. To get AZ Screen Recorder and save Snapchat videos, follow these steps:
- Download and install the AZ Screen Recorder.
- Launch the app and tap the Record video icon.
- Launch Snapchat and go to a video that you want to download on Snapchat.
- Play the video and let it play until the end.
- Click on the recording icon to stop the recording or press Stop from the notification tray.
Method 2: Use Snapchat Video Saver App
Another method includes downloading a Snapchat video saver app your iPhone as well as Android. There are a lot of apps available on App Store and Google Store which claim to download Snapchat videos.
Note: Snapchat doesn’t recommend using these apps in regard to security, therefore use these apps with caution.
Snapbox- Snapchat Video Downloader for iPhone
Snapbox is one of the simplest ways of downloading Snapchat videos on the iPhone. The Snapchat video downloader app is now not available on App Store as Snapchat has banned third-party apps. But you can download this app from here and follow these steps:
- Install Snapbox and launch the app.
- You need to enter Snapchat login credentials to access.
- Locate the video that you want to download and click Save.
You can also select the option to download Snapchat photos and videos to save them automatically from the app’s settings. If you have this feature activated, to save Snapchat videos and photos, you just need to open them, and all will be saved on your camera roll.
SnapSaver: Snapchat Video Downloader for Android
To record Snapchat video, you need to install SnapSaver, a Snapchat video downloader app which allows you to download Snapchat videos. Follow these steps:
- Download and install the app.
- Launch the app and click on the video recorder icon.
- Now launch Snapchat and play the video that you want to download
- Once your video is downloaded, click the video recorder icon from the notification tray to close it.
So, in this way, you can download Snapchat videos on your iPhone and Android. Try any of these to save Snapchat videos on your camera roll. We recommend you use the inbuilt screen recorder for iPhone and AZ screen recorder app for Android to accomplish the task.
What do you think? Which method will you choose to download Snapchat video? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.