None of us can imagine a life without the internet; understanding this very reality, hackers have been using it to spread dangers like a trojan horse, viruses, etc. These malicious programs not only invade the system but also hijack it to make money. Hence, we need to take appropriate action and stop them from infecting the PC.
Below we will discuss the trojan virus and how to remove it from Windows 10, thereby protecting the device from future attacks.
What is a Trojan Virus?
Trojan virus is a type of malware that hides in plain sight and often disguises like a real app, software or can be downloaded via email attachments that look genuine. The trojan horse can also be used to download other threats like malware, adware, and spyware.
Signs that Trojan Horse infects your system
- Redirects to unwanted sites when you browse the internet
- Too many pop-ups and advertisements while browsing the web
- Facing a message that reads, the virus was detected.
How to remove Trojan Virus from Windows 10
The best way to deal with any kind of infection is to run an advanced security tool that offers real-time protection and different scan types. Moreover, it should be light on system resources and should update database definitions regularly.
One such tool that you can use for this purpose is called Systweak Antivirus.
Solution 1 – Use Systweak Antivirus – the best security and protection tool for Windows
How to use Systweak Antivirus and remove threats from Windows 10 PC?
1. Download, install and launch Systweak Antivirus.
2. Click Scan Types > Deep Scan
3. Hit Deep Scan to perform the thorough scanning
4. Wait for the scan to complete; once done, quarantine detected threats.
5. Reboot the system to use infection-free and optimized PC
However, if you cannot run the antivirus as a trojan horse, it might interfere with the booting system and Safe Mode with Networking and scan for the virus.
To do so, follow the steps below:
Solution 2 – Boot System in Safe Mode With Networking
Repeatedly press the F8 key during boot before the Windows logo appears. This will show the WinRE window. However, if this didn’t work, turn off your device twice in a row before Windows boot. This will show your Recovery option, using which you can boot in Safe Mode with Networking.
1. Turn off Windows and hold down the power button for 10 seconds.
2. Power back the device.
3. Now again, turn it off and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
Make sure you do not release it before seeing the Windows logo.
4. Once this is done consecutively, you will enter WinRE.
5. Now that you are in recovery mode, click Troubleshoot
6. Hit Advanced options
7. Next click, Startup Settings > Restart
8. You’ll now be presented with a list of options, press F5 to boot into Safe Mode with Networking.
Note: We suggest booting into Safe Mode Networking as this is the only option to stay connected online.
9. Now, download, install, and run Systweak Antivirus and scan the system for infections.
Using these steps, you can remove Trojan horse from your Windows PC. Besides this, if you keep the following points in mind, you can avoid being a trojan horse attack victim.
How To Stay Protected from Trojan Viruses
1. Keep your Windows up to date.
If you are running outdated Windows, virus, trojan horse, malware can easily infiltrate your device. Therefore, to stay protected from these nastiest threats, we suggest installing a Windows update as it has all the bug fixes.
2. Avoid downloading unknown email attachments and anything from Third-Party.
If it’s not the manufacturer site, don’t download the software. Third parties often disguise themselves in the name of real software and install malware to steal your information. The same is the case with unknown email attachment downloads, so avoid both.
3. Run updated and trusted antivirus like Systweak Antivirus
Set your Systweak Antivirus to run periodically; this will help keep your system infection free as the scan will run frequently. As a victim myself, I know we often forget to scan the device, leaving it vulnerable; schedule scanning saves us from this, as it runs automatically.
So, if you think a Trojan horse infects your system, apply these steps and remove the Trojan horse virus from Windows 10. To stay protected, always keep the tips in mind; they will help keep malware, a trojan horse at bay.
We hope you find the post useful, do leave us your comments in the section below.