Instagram is one of the most famous social networking platforms that allows you to share pictures & videos privately or publicly. People have gradually started opting the platform to chat personal use and business purposes. What if you unsend a message or delete your chat accidentally? Thinking whether you can get them back! Well, you can recover deleted Instagram messages.
In this post, we will talk how can you undelete lost messages and photos. Read on to know how to recover Instagram DMs
Recover Instagram Direct Messages & Photos
Now you know you can retrieve your Instagram messages and photos, then let’s proceed!
First stop using your smartphone at that instant. Now let’s get on to restoring messages and photos.
- Go to Photos (iPhone) and Photo Album (Android)
- Access Your Direct Messages On Instagram Through Facebook
- Recover Deleted Instagram Messages Online
- Use A Recovery Software to recover Instagram DMs and photos
1. Go to Photos (iPhone) and Photo Album (Android)
Note: It only works for Photos
Whenever you post an image on Instagram, your device saves a copy of the image in the folder named Instagram, irrespective of the platform (iOS or Android). It serves as a backup of the photos uploaded.
Go to My Files-> Pictures-> Instagram
Check the folder and look for the photos deleted.
- Locate Photos app on iPhone.
- Click Albums. Navigate to Instagram album and open it.
- All the photos and videos will be present in the album.
If not found, try your luck with the next method.
2. Access Your Direct Messages On Instagram Through Facebook
If you have connected your Instagram and Facebook account together, then you are in luck. As you can recover Instagram direct messages by checking Facebook’s inbox to check out and manage Instagram messages.
You can install Facebook Page on Android and iOS.
3. Recover Deleted Instagram Messages Online
You can use Instagram Message Recovery tool developed by Instagram ex-employee. You can recover deleted Instagram deleted DMs online. You can log into your Instagram account and recover deleted messages on Instagram. Follow these steps:
- Go to Instagram Message Recovery and type in your Instagram’s username or the profile URL.
- Once you login into your Instagram account, tap “Recover Messages” to start the process.
- You need to verify that you are human and then start the process of recovering Instagram DMs.
Note: the recovered messages of the Internet will be downloaded in ZIP format.
4. Recover Deleted Instagram DMs and Photos Using Photo Recovery Software
If none of the methods worked for you, then you must use EaseUS MobiSaver For Android it iPhone. These apps allow you to recover lost data such as pictures, messages, contacts, on your smartphone.
Follow these steps and recover deleted messages of Instagram:
- Connect your Android or iOS to a computer.
- Install & Run EaseUS MobiSaver for Android and the version of the same for the iPhone.
Download For Android Users
Download For iPhone Users
Note: You need to ensure that your Android Phone is rooted before starting the recovery process.
- Click the Start button to let the software scan and connect to your device.
- Scan your phone to search deleted Instagram photos.
The software will scan and search for lost files
- Choose Recovery mode – Recover from iOS Device and click Scan.
- The tool will scan and search for lost Instagram photos and messages.
- You can preview and recover Deleted Instagram messages and photos.
- Select the deleted data that you want to recover and click Recover.
So, in this way you can recover deleted messages and photos of Instagram. Try these methods and let us know what worked for you in the comments section below.