Compressing a file before sharing is quite common. Usually the compression is done before sending a file via email. RAR Format is one of the file types for data compression. Every now and then, you get to deal with rar or archive files. The archive files are created to minimize the digital space used.
With the increased use of rar and other zip files, you should have a rar file opener to make it easy to deal with rar files.
Why you need RAR file opener?
Once you receive a rar file, you need a rar extractor to access the file’s contents. There are various apps available that can help you to unzip rar files online. If you are confused which one to choose, then we will help you with that.
Best RAR Extractor Software For Windows 10 and Older Versions
In this post, Here is the list of some of the best rar file extractors to make it easy to deal with rar format files on Windows 10, 8, 7.
A data compression tool, Winzip can efficiently extract, compress and is a perfect archive manager. It can help you to zip, unzip, share, protect and manage your archive files easily.. Let’s take a look at Winzip’s features:
- It can unzip all popular file formats.
- It can zip files to reduce email attachment size.
- It protects your files with banking level encryption.
- It can enable you to access and manage files on your PC, network and clouds.
Winzip works well with multimedia files as well. It can connect to Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and others. The tool opens all the major compression formats such as Zip, RAR, 7Z, TAR., Zipx, XZ, GZIP, POSIX TAR and more
A data compression tool, Winrar can efficiently extract, compress and is a perfect archive manager. It can take backup of your data, reduce the size of attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other file types. Let’s take a look at Winrar’s features:
- It can used to open, create and edit compressed documents.
- It comes with antivirus so that you don’t have to worry about corrupted files.
- WinRAR supports different compression formats such as RAR, CAB, 7-Zip, ZIP, ACE, ARJ, LZH, UUE, TAR, ISO, GZip, BZIP2, and Z.
Winrar works well with multimedia files as well. It uses special compression algorithm to compress and decompress files. It also comes with 128-bit password encryption.
3. Ultra Opener
Ultra Opener supports a lot of archive files including rar files. You can open, edit, convert and even print the archive files easily. Let’s look at the features of Ultra Opener:
- It supports JPEG, BMP, GIF, ITHMB, PNG and more. Along with this it also supports RAW formats for more than 150 digital cameras.
- It can extract content from file types such as ZIP, TAR, GZ, 7Z and more.
- It can inspect the contents of partially downloaded file and can also extract original download URL as well.
With Ultra File Opener, you can copy original download URLs, resume or restart downloads. With the software you can open and view 500 different file types including images, documents, photos and more.
Read Also: 7 Best File Compression Software In 2019
4. 7 Zip
7 Zip is a rar extractor which comes for free, provides high compression ratio and has open architecture. Let’s have an overview on the features of 7 Zip:
- It comes with Strong AES-256 encryption and has the ability to use any compression, or encryption method.
- It supports files with sizes up to 16000000000 GB.
- It comes with various compression methods including Deflate, PPMD, LZMA2, LZMA, and more.
7 Zip comes with sturdy compression ratio for ZIP and GZIP formats which is 2-10 % better than popular software WinZip and PKZip.
Another tool in the list of best rar file extractors is IZarc. It can compress and extract Zip files with different files formats such as 7-Zip, A, ACE, ARJ, BIN, BZ2, TBZ and more. Let’s take a look at the features of IZarc:
- It can create archive files.
- You can add files, delete, extract from an existing archive files.
- It can repair a broken image of archive file.
IZarc supports both long and short 8.3 filenames. You can also get a detailed information of files such as compression rate, path, or size from an archive file.
Bandizip is one of the best file extractor software which compress, decompress, edit an archive file. Let’s take a look at the features of BandiZip:
- It supports formats such as 7Z, ACE, AES, ALZ, ARJ, BH, BIN, BZ, BZ2, CAB, Compound(MSI), EGG, GZ, IMG, ISO, ISZ, LHA, LZ, LZH, LZMA, PMA, RAR, RAR5, SFX(EXE), TAR, TBZ, TBZ2, TGZ, TLZ, TXZ, UDF, WIM, XPI, XZ, Z, ZIP, ZIPX, ZPAQ.
- It supports AES 256 encryption algorithm
- It supports compression of 4GB+ size files
Bandizip is capable of compressing a file six time faster using multicore. It comes with easy view of archive’s file list. You can select the files that you want to extract by using drag and drop.
Haozip is one of the best software to unzip RAR files which supports virtual CD-ROM mounting and has MD5 comparision function. Let’s take at the features of Haozip:
- It supports decompression of 50 formats including the popular ones such as .ZIP, 7Z, RAR and more.
- It has powerful dual-core trojan horse checking engine.
- It has taken original annotations for .7Z and also comes with functions such as Batch Picture Converter, MD5 Checksum, Image Viewer and more.
Haozip comes with skin changer and has beautiful themes in various styles to choose from.
FreeArc is a free Zip file opener which runs on graphic user interface or command line. Let’s look at the features of FreeArc:
- It can remove repetitions in texts (LZIP) and preprocess BCJ file types.
- It comes with AES/Blowfish/Twofish/Serpent encryption with keyfiles support and ability to chain multiple ciphers (-p, -hp, –keyfile, –encryption=ALGORITHMS).
- It comes with archive protection and recovery, including recovery over Internet driven by CRCs of archive sectors.
FreeArc comes with good quality of compression ratio and has faster speed than popular software. It has ability to test archive before and after you perform any operation (-tp/-t), including checking by recovery record and full archive test.
9. B1 free archiver
B1 free archiver is one of the best rar file extractor software which has a simple interface and easy to use. Let’s check out the features of B1 free archiver:
- It is compatible with all the platforms and comes with excellent compression.
- It supports formats such as b1, jar, zip, rar, xpi, arj, 7z, cab, bz2, gzip, deb, iso, tgz, iha, lzh,rpm, lzma,tar, z, xar, and others.
- It acts as file manager as well to efficiently manage password protected archives.
B1 Archiver takes care of privacy and never collects any personal and sensitive information. It also doesn’t install any kind of malicious software.
10. Extract Now
ExtractNow is a simple tool which can be used to unzip rar files quickly and with ease. It is one stop solution when it comes to compress and decompress a file. Let’s have a look at the features of Extract Now:
- It can help you manage the actions taken after extraction.
- It supports most major archive formats.
- You can select or deselect files needed to get extracted.
This Zip file opener uses password list to determine right password for an archive files. It supports advanced customizations via Lua scripting.
How to Choose Best Tool to Extractor RAR File?
To get the best RAR file extractor, you need to be clear on for what file format, you need the extractor for. Once you determine the purpose, you can scroll through the list to make a choice for RAR extractor. To check out the best of them, checkout the aforementioned list and get the one for you.