If your Edge is sluggish, re-setting might solve this not so uncommon issue. Resetting Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 is not exactly an easy task. There are various way to do it; most of them have complex steps and using Command Prompt can be too cumbersome. Fortunately, after the creator’s update, there’s a smart way to do it.
Let’s give you a lowdown on how to instantly reset Microsoft Edge in Windows 10.
Reset Edge Instantly
To reset Microsoft Edge, follow these steps:
- If you are working on Edge, close down the program.
- Go to Start button, locate Settings -> App & Features.
- Under App & Features, locate Microsoft Edge.
- Click on Microsoft Edge -> Advanced Options-> Reset
- Once you click Reset, a pop-up window will appear prompting to delete all the Microsoft Edge’s data. Click Reset.
- Once the process is completed, you will see a check sign beside Reset.
When you reset Edge, your browser will be good as new but you will lose all of your browsing history, settings, saved logins, and cookies. The good news is you won’t lose your bookmarks.
Note: If you don’t have Windows 10 Fall Creators Update running, things will look a little different for you, and there would be no option to reset apps in the OS settings.
So, in this way you can instantly reset your Microsoft Edge and make it run faster. So would you consider downloading creators update to get this feature? Lets us know in the comments section below.
Watch this space for more tech updates and solutions!