Whether its physical or digital purchase, we all face a buyer’s regret one time or the other. While with physical items getting a refund is easy with digital purchases, it isn’t that easy. The process to get Google Play refund is lenient but complicated too.
In this guide, we will discuss how to get a refund for the apps purchased from Google Play.
We will cover all methods using which you can request a refund for your purchases made through Play Store.
Pre-requisites to Get Refund for Android App Purchase:
- Working internet connectivity
- Working Google Account with payment method added to it
How to Get A Refund for Android Apps Purchased from Google Play?
Quick Steps to Get Google Play Store Refund
1. Open Google Play Store app
2. Tap the three parallel lines at the upper left corner
3. Tap ‘Account’ option > ‘Order history’
4. Look for the game or app you wish to get a refund for
5. Tap ‘Refund’ when asked tap Yes
6. This will uninstall the game/app, and you will get an email with information about a refund.
Using these quick steps, you can get a refund for purchases made via Google Play. However, there are certain caveats that we will discuss now.
Ways to Request Refund on Google Play
- Requesting Refund for Recent Apps/ Games Purchases Within 2 Hour
- Requesting Refund for Google Play Purchase Within 48-Hour
- Seeking Refund for Purchases After 48-Hours
- Requesting Refund for Google Play Music purchase
- Requesting Refund for an eBook
- Requesting Refund for Google Play Movie Purchase
|If you stay in the UK or European Economic Area and have made a purchase on or after March 28th, 2018, then to get a refund click here and follow instructions.|
Requesting Refund for Recent Apps/ Games Purchases Within 2 Hour
Google has a very simple method, using which you can seek a refund from Google Play. If the game or app you purchased doesn’t work as claimed, then you can return it within two hours. To do so, here are the steps:
- Launch Google Play Store app on your Android phone
- Tap three lines present at the upper left corner
- Accounts > Order history
- Search for the game or app you want to return
- Tap Refund
- When prompted to tap Yes, the selected app will now be uninstalled, and you will get your money back.
- To confirm, an email will be sent to your registered email address. Also, you will be able to see Cancelled next app in the Order history.
However, if the two-hour limit is surpassed, you can take advantage of the 48-hour window and request a refund for the purchase via the browser.
Requesting Refund for Google Play Purchase Within 48-Hour
- Open web browser and copy-paste: https://play.google.com/store/account/orderhistory in the address bar.
- Now click the “Order History” tab and find the app you wish to return.
- Opposite to the selected app, you will see More option click it.
- Choose Request a refund.
- Fill the form and mention you need a refund.
Alternatively, you can visit the support page and fill out the refund form. Make sure you are signed into the Google account from which purchase is made.
Requesting Refund for Google Play Purchase After 48-Hours
If both two-day limit and 48-hours are surpassed, you’ll need to contact the developer and request a refund. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Open Google Play.
- Here, look for the app for which you wish to get a refund.
- Tap the app for more details > More to unhide details
- Under Additional Information, you will be able to get the Developers site address or support email address.
- Use it to mail them and ask for a refund.
Requesting Refund for Google Play Music purchase
Google will issue a refund for Google Play Music only when it is not streamed or downloaded. However, if the track is corrupt, Google might consider issuing a refund. To request a refund for music purchased from Google Play, follow the steps below:
Note: You can request a refund within 7 days of purchase or 14 days if you live in the European Union.
- Open the web browser and visit the Google Play account.
- Click the Order History tab and look for the item for which you want a refund.
- Click on the menu icon > Report A Problem > I’d Like To Request a Refund.
That’s it. However, if you cannot access a computer, try contacting Google’s support team.
Read More: How To Transfer Your Music From Google Play Music To YouTube Music?
Requesting Refund for an eBook
An eBook after purchase can be returned within 7-days, but there are exceptions, as certain books are available only for a short period. To request a refund for such eBooks from Google Play contact Google Play Customer Support.
Requesting Refund for Google Play Movie Purchase
If the movie you purchased from Google Play has a defective video clip, you can request a refund from Google Play within 65-days of purchase. However, after purchasing the movie and watching it for even just 3 minutes if you decide that it isn’t what you were looking for, you are out of luck, buddy.
The same rule applies to TV shows.
Therefore, if you think you can get a refund for movies or TV shows purchased from Google Play after watching them, you are wrong.
So, these were specific ways in which you can request a refund from Google Play. However, if nothing works for you, then you can try contacting the Google Support team for help.
How To Contact Google’s Support Team For Refund?
If the app developer doesn’t reply to your emails or disagree with a refund request, you can contact the Google Support team, as mentioned by Google’s support page for both app and in-app purchases.
Before you contact Google’s support team, read these conditions.
How Long Does It Take To Get A Google Play Refund?
Google says the time is taken to get a refund depends on the mode of payment.
For payment made via PayPal, credit cards take between 3-5 business days. However, if the purchase is made via Google Play balance or Google Wallet balance, refunds usually take just one.
That’s all by keeping the important points discussed above, and by following the step by step instructions, you can quickly get a refund for Google Play purchase.
We hope you find this guide helpful and will not face any problem with Google Play refund in the future. If you have any other queries, please leave us a comment in the box below. Also, follow us on social media to stay updated with the latest news and tech updates.
Rashmi KandhilI was facing problem regarding refund. After reading your blog now my problem is solved so thank you for explaining all steps.