Are you stuck with the Wifitask.exe high CPU usage issue? Is your Windows PC running exceptionally slow due to this process? So, if you have recently checked the Task Manager and if this troublesome process consumes 100% of system resources, you immediately need to terminate this process.
Due to the Wifitask.exe high CPU usage, you may face certain performance drawbacks on Windows 11 including system crashes, slowdowns, freezes, and so on. Once you get rid of the culprit, your PC’s performance will improve by up to 40-60%.
Wondering how to resolve the Wifitask.exe high CPU usage on Windows 11? We’ve got you covered. Before we begin, let’s gain a little intel about this troublesome process, what is it, and due to which reasons it gets triggered on your machine.
Also read: How to Fix Steam Client WebHelper High CPU Usage
What is the Wifitask.exe Process?
As we are all aware, a lot of system processes and services run in the background of OS. The Wifitask.exe is one of them that is associated with the functioning of wireless networks. This process usually resides in the C:\Windows\System32\wifitask.exe folder. It is a crucial part of the Windows OS and is responsible for a lot of background tasks.
However, here comes the catch. Your Windows PC may get infected with spyware that is similarly named. So, before you decide to terminate the process, make sure that you check the folder location. If the process is already on your hard drive, it won’t cause any harm. But if you don’t see a valid folder location then you can use the below-listed solutions to get rid of this malicious threat.
Here you go!
Also read: How to Fix Diagnostic Policy Service High CPU & Memory Usage
How to Resolve the Wifitask.exe High CPU Usage Issue?
Solution 1: Run the SFC Scan
SFC (System File Checker) is an in-built Windows utility that scans and restores corrupt system files and processes. To run the SFC command on Windows 11, follow these quick steps:
1. Tap on the search icon placed on the Taskbar, type “Command Prompt” and then select the “Run as administrator” option.
2. Once the Command Prompt app launches in admin mode, type the following command and hit Enter to execute it:
3. Wait for a few minutes until the scanning process is completed. Once the corrupt system files are restored, reboot your device, and launch the Task Manager app to check if the high CPU usage was resolved.
Also read: How to Fix COM Surrogate High CPU Usage Windows 10/11?
Solution 2: Reset the Network Settings
1. Tap on the Windows icon placed on the Taskbar and select “Settings”. Switch to the “Network and Internet” category from the left menu pane.
2. Tap on “Advanced Network Settings”.
3. Scroll down and select “Network Reset”. Tap on the “Reset Now” button to restore network settings to default.
Solution 3: Disable the Windows Security App
1. Tap on the search icon placed on the Taskbar, type “Windows Security” and hit Enter.
2. Tap on “Virus and threat protection”.
3. Tap on the “Manage Settings” option placed under the “Virus and threat protection settings” section.
4. Disable the “Real-time protection” and “Cloud-delivered protection” options.
5. Exit the Windows security app, press the Control + Shift + Escape key combination open the Task Manager. Review the list of active processes and check if you are still stuck with the Wifitask.exe high CPU usage issue.
Solution 4: Update Windows
Using an outdated version of Windows can also trigger the Wifitask.exe high CPU usage issue on your device. Hence, we will now try to manually update Windows to install the latest version of the OS.
1. Launch the Settings app, and switch to the “Windows Update” section from the left menu pane.
2. Tap on the “Check for Updates” button.
Windows will now check for available updates. If any update is available, download and install the latest version of Windows 11 on your computer.
Also read: How to Fix Battlefield 2042 High CPU Usage On Windows 10
Solution 5: Download and Install the Systweak Antivirus App
Tried the above-listed solutions and still had no luck. Well, there’s a slight possibility that your Windows PC is infected with a virus or malware due to which the Wifitask.exe process is running at 100% CPU usage. To ensure that your Windows PC is secure from malicious threats, download and install the Systweak Antivirus app to run a thorough check.
Systweak Antivirus app offers real-time protection against viruses, malware, ransomware threats, trojans, adware, and more. It is an advanced security app that detects and removes malicious startup items to improve the overall speed and performance of your computer.
Download today, and run a quick scan to make your system 100% virus and malware-free.
Here were a few simple yet effective workarounds to resolve the “Wifitask.exe high CPU usage” issue on Windows 11. If this system process is running at 100% system CPU usage then you can use any of the above-listed solutions to terminate this troublesome task.
Do let us know which solution did the trick for you while troubleshooting this critical process. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Flipboard, YouTube, Instagram.