Some Windows 10 users encounter the problem of not getting context menu while right-clicking on desktop. In this article, we will show some solutions that will be helpful to enable the right-click menu, if it has disappeared from your desktop.
Turn Off Tablet Mode
Windows 10 can be run on tablet and PC both. To run Windows 10 on tablet, Microsoft has provided a feature called Tablet mode. Once the tablet mode is functional, Windows doesn’t show desktop and only shows full mode start menu.
You can follow the steps below to turn off the tablet mode:
- Click on Windows logo Start button and then click on the Settings (Gear icon).
- Now on Settings screen, tap on System option.
- Next, scroll-down and tap on Tablet mode, on the right side, you can see the ‘When I sign in’ drop-down menu, from that menu choose Use desktop mode.
Now, you can restart your PC to check if the right-click function is working on your desktop.
Check Registry if Right-Click is Disabled
If your Windows 10 context menu is disabled, you will not be able to use right-click function on your desktop. So, if you are facing a problem, you can check your Windows 10 registry if right-click functionality is disabled. If it is disabled, you can enable it using the steps below:
- Type Regedit.exe in Cortana search bar placed near Start button and then press Enter key. In the pop-up menu, tap on Yes button.
- Now, in the Registry Editor, follow the below path:
- On the right-side pane, find the value called NoViewContextMenu.
- Next, double-click on NoViewContextMenu and modify its value to 0 to enable the right-click menu.
- Now, reboot your PC to apply the changes. Once you back in, check if the right-click is working on your desktop.
Note: If you are unable to find NoViewContextMenu, don’t perform any other operation. Non-appearance of the menu shows that right-click function has not been disabled in registry.
Important Tip: If you are facing the problem due to any other reason, we suggest you to try a good registry cleaner program which will help you to fix corrupted or invalid registries. To fix the registry errors automatically you can use the steps mentioned below.
Repair Invalid/Corrupted Registry entries
You can try Advanced PC Cleanup developed by Systweak which is a complete PC cleaning solution. It cleans the junk and unwanted files and programs from the computer along with the invalid registry entries. It can scan the system and clean them quickly. It will result in faster application response time and overall smoother PC performance.
Download and run Advanced PC Cleanup to scan and fix invalid registry files.
Once you complete the installation, launch the application. Now, you need to go to the Invalid Registry button on the tool and it show you the scan results. Click on the Clean Now button to quickly get rid of all the invalid registry entries from your computer.
That’s all folks! We hope you will like this post. If you have any comments or suggestions, you can post them in the comments section below.