Many users have reportedly come across an issue where they weren’t able to get rid of SearchApp.exe. You must be wondering, what is grave with this process? Firstly, it is a CPU intensive process, which means SearchApp.exe consumes high CPU power. Some users have also complained that they could not shut SearchApp.exe down in Task Manager because they were facing enabling SLI in the NVIDIA Control Panel.
Let’s try and delve a little deeper into this issue and find few workarounds so that you can get rid of it.
What is SearchApp.exe?
As the name suggests, SearchApp.exe is an executable file that is related to Windows search functions. In previous builds of Windows 10, SearchApp.exe was related to search functions inside Cortana and Windows 10. However, with Windows 10 version 2004, this executable file is merged with Windows search functions.
Now, this brings us to two of its aspects –
First, if Cortana keeps running SearchApp.exe, it would consume a lot of CPU’s power because the CPU can heat up faster. To keep track of an overheating CPU on Windows 10, here are some of the best software.
Second, since SearchApp.exe is merged with the Windows search function in the latest Windows build, removing or even disabling it can create issues, especially with search functions. It is advisable to first create a restore point before moving ahead with the below-mentioned steps to disable or remove SearchApp.exe.
- Multi-layered defense mechanism
- Up to date database to fight against existing
- Boost system performance significantly
- Capable of finding & removing PUPs
- Offers browser extension to block ads
Ways To Disable SearchApp.Exe
Method No. 1 – Use A Dedicated Cleanup Tool
Before going ahead with the manual ways to fix SerachApp.exe, we suggest using a specialist system cleaning software known as Advanced PC Cleanup. Using this best PC optimizer, without much effort, you can track and delete issues like constantly popping SearchApp.Exe.
What Is an Advanced PC Cleanup?
Advanced PC Cleanup is a robust optimization and cleanup software that removes junk and temporary files, cleans any obsolete data, optimizes the registry, removes any privacy traces, and does everything that can boost your PC’s performance.
Here’s how you can use it –
- Download and install Advanced PC Cleanup.
- Click on Start Scan Now on the home screen and then wait for the scan results.
- When the scan is over, click on the Clean Now button.
- Also, we suggest using Startup Manager, Uninstall Apps, Old Downloads and Malware Protection and other modules to fix several Windows errors.
This means before fixing the SearchApp.exe system file error; you can use Advanced PC Cleanup – an excellent PC cleaner and optimizer to clean junk files.
Method No. 2: Disabling SearchApp.exe Using The Task manager
Now, this process will require you to act as fast as possible.
Here, you will be using the Task Manager to open the location of SearchApp.exe, end the task, and then quickly rename the filename in file explorer. This is suggested because SearchApp.exe immediately starts when you click End Task.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager
- Under the Processes tab, locate the SearchApp.exe and click on the arrow on the left side and expand the process.
- Right-click on it and click on Open file location and End Task simultaneously
- Rename the file in the file explorer as quickly as possible (for renaming, you can use the “F2” shortcut which would help you rename the file quickly
Method No. 3: Get Rid Of SearchApp Using The Command Prompt
You can use the Command Prompt to disable SearchApp.exe. Here are the steps –
- Type cmd in the Windows search bar
- From the right-hand pane, choose Run as administrator
- When the Command Prompt window opens, type or copy-paste the below mentioned commands one by one. Press the Enter key after typing each command.
(i) To kill the task, type or copy-paste
Cd%winddir%\SystemApps (press enter)
Taskkill /f /im SearchApp.exe (press enter)
(ii) After the task has been killed, we will have to ensure the task is killed permanently. To do that, we will append the .old file to the original file by moving it. This can be done by typing the commands mentioned below. Press the Enter key after typing each command.
move Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy.old
How do I get rid of SearchApp.eXE?
You can try one of the ways mentioned above to get rid of SearchApp.exe. You can also use a dedicated Windows optimizer such as Advanced PC Cleanup, or disable SearchApp.exe via Task Manager or Command Prompt.
How can I permanently disable or just delete it?
Permanently disabling or deleting SearchApp.exe can render system issues, especially with search functions. Even if you go by the above-mentioned methods, you should create a system restore point to restore a previous version in case of an emergency.
High CPU usage can cause several issues, and if there is any process that is causing CPU issues, it should be dealt with promptly. That being said, we have already listed some of the ways to deal with SearchApp.exe, and undoubtedly, we’d suggest you employ an efficient tool like Advanced PC Cleanup, which might just prove to be your right bet to resolve the issue.