Samsung, with the release of two powerful Galaxy series smartphones, S8 and S8 plus has undoubtedly left no stones unturned. With top notch specifications like 4GB RAM and Snapdragon 835 processor, it is evident that these phones are powerhouses in their own right and won’t face any performance issues. But sadly, even with such power-packed specifications it offers, both Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are prone to lag and get stuck.
While the reasons of getting stuck may be ample ranging from a virus infection to a slow performing device or even installation of a faulty software. The solution to it sometimes is only a factory reset.
If you have landed in a situation where factory reset seems like the only option, do remember to take a full backup of your Android device. Factory reset deletes the entire data stored on your phone including pictures, playlist, videos etc. One more thing that should be taken care of is that the battery level should at least be 30%.
Factory Reset Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
Factory reset on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus can be done by two methods: software and hardware. In this article, we will walk you through both the methods.
Using the Software Method:
Performing factory reset on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus using the software method is simple. This can be done by executing the standard master reset within settings. However, before proceeding do remember to take a full backup of your phone.
Below are the steps you must follow the perform a factory reset of your Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
- Make sure you are on your Home Screen, if not, navigate to it.
- Click on the gear icon to navigate to Settings.
- Now scroll down and locate General management. Click on it.
- In General Management, locate Reset and click on it.
- Now tap Factory data reset.
- Post this, click Reset button from the next screen that follows.
- Finally, click on Delete All button.
Once done, your Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus will restart to the default state and it will have the default home screen.
In case you are not able to perform a factory reset using the software method, the next method will help.
See Also: How to Factory Reset your Android Smartphone
Using the Hardware Method:
Using the hardware method involves performing a factory reset using the Recovery mode. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Switch off your Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
- Now press and hold all the three buttons simultaneously namely the Volume up, Bixby, and Power buttons. Keep pressing until the Samsung logo shows up.
- After you have the Samsung logo, release all the three buttons to enter the Android Recovery Menu.
- Keep pressing the Volume down button to scroll down and locate Wipe data/ Factory reset option and then press the Power button to make a selection.
- From the next screen click Yes. This will trigger the process of factory reset.
- Click on Reboot system now to restart your device if the Recovery screen appears again.
The factory reset will take a few minutes to complete. Once done will have an all new phone which you can easily setup.
So now you don’t have to worry if you have a sluggish and infected Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus phone. These methods will definitely help you factory reset your phone.