If you have licensed Windows 10 for multiple PCs and have misplaced the installation disc, thinking what to do next? Have it installed on one computer and want to transfer it to another PC? It can be done! You don’t need to bother your technician or want an installation disc to proceed.
All you need is Microsoft Media Creation tool and USB drive or DVD to complete the process. In this post, we will talk about how to create .ISO file of Windows 10 using Microsoft Media Creation tool and get it installed on another PC.
How To Create .ISO File Using Microsoft Media Creation Tool?
Before proceeding, you must check a few things on your computer.
- A working internet connection.
- A blank DVD or blank USB of at least 8 GB space.
- For ISO, you need to have enough space on a computer.
- Should know how to burn a DVD
Once checked, move forward!
Step 1: Download the Microsoft Media Creation tool.
Step 2: Launch Media Creation tool and click Accept
Step 3: You will get next screen, “What do you want to do?”
Step 4: Select installation media (USB flash drive, DVD or ISO file) for another PC, click Next.
Step 5: Choose the language, edition and use 64-bit or 32-bit for Windows 10.
Step 6: Choose which media to use from USB and ISO.
USB: If you have a pen drive, make sure it has 8 GB space.
ISO: This is will create an image file on your computer and you need to burn it to a DVD.
Step 7: Once you have selected the installation media, the process will start. It will prompt you to save the .ISO file in a preferred location.
Step 8: Once the installation steps are completed. Check whether you have all the essential drivers installed. Also, you can check for updates- Press Windows and I to get Settings, then Update & Security.
Locate to Windows update and click Check for Updates.
Now on the other PC, save your work and create a backup using a backup tool such as RightBackup and then proceed.
How To Install Windows 10 Using ISO file on DVD or USB?
Preparing the device on which you want to install Windows 10 is an important part of the ritual.
- Check whether the targeted PC has 32-bit or 64-bit version system type. For that you can check it from Control Panel->System->System Type
- Check System requirements: You need to check information related to your drivers and hardware compatibility. For that, you need to visit your computer manufacturer’s website.
- Language in Windows – You need to make sure you choose the same language while installing Windows 10. To see the language used, go to Control Panel->Region->Format Tab. Check the language, date and time.
- Windows Edition: To check PC information, go to Control Panel-> System.
Under System, locate Windows Edition.
Now you can follow these instructions to install on Windows 10:
Step 1: Burn DVD to get the ISO file on it.
Step 2: Insert DVD or USB Drive which has ISO file on it.
Step 3: Restart your computer.
Step 4: You need to get your computer in BIOS mode. For that, you need to press a key, it could be Del, F2, Esc or F12 just after your PC comes up.
You need to check your computer manufacturer’s website to know which key will work for your computer.
Step 5: You will get the Install Windows page, choose the language, time and use keyboard preferences for Windows 10. Select Next.
Step 6: Select Install Windows.
Note: You might need to install drivers for installed Windows 10 on this PC.
In this way, you can create a .ISO file using Microsoft Media Creation tool and install Windows 10 on another PC.