Fortnite isn’t merely the popular and most prominent online game; it is a cultural phenomenon too. From middle school playgrounds to millions of YouTube live streams, it is everywhere. First released in 2017 by Epic Games, this video game is split into three different modes – Save The World, Battle Royale, and Creative.
Well, those who love this game know a lot more about it but do you know Fortnite introduced split-screen?
No, don’t be sad.
You are lucky as here in this article we will explain how to use split-screen mode in Fortnite.
Note: Split Screen mode works in Battle Royale shooter, and those who have PS4 and Xbox can enjoy playing this multiplayer game in split-screen.
So, if you too are stuck at home and want to explore all the exciting features of Fortnite. Here, we are with how to use split-screen while playing Fortnite.
How To Use Split Screen And Play Multiplayer Fortnite?
When you are playing with a friend who is not sitting next to your split screen comes in handy. Using this mode, you can share your TV screen with your friend and imagine them sitting next to you. The only drawback of this as the name implies is that your TV screen will be horizontally divided. However, if you are using a large TV screen, then it won’t be a problem.
Now that we know the benefits of split-screen, it’s time to learn how to use split-screen mode. But before that, you need to have specific prerequisites.
Requirements to play multiplayer Fortnite in split-screen mode.
- Two compatible controllers
- Two Epic game accounts
- If you are using Xbox One to play, Fortnite one player will need to have Xbox Live Gold. But this doesn’t apply to PS4 users as none of them will need PS Plus account to play
- Fortnite gamers will only be able to play Duos or Squads as Solo Mode does not allow screen sharing
- Stable internet connection
- Both players need to have the same language settings in, as split-screen mode does not support multi-language
Once all these things check out, it’s time to connect the second controller and select to log the second player.
To do so, hold down the X button on the PS4 controller and A button on Xbox One. Once the second player connects, you can switch control of the menu screen between two accounts.
Steps To Start Split Screen Mode
- Open Main Menu
- Next, ensure the second controller is linked to your console and is powered on
- Once connected, invite the second player to their selected account.
- The second player will not have to sign-in into his accounts. Once logged, the player will appear in the Fortnite lobby.
That’s all, using these simple steps, you can easily use split-screen on Fortnite and hop into playing games with your friends. However, there are certain things you need to be aware of.
- Not all games are compatible with this mode – This should come as no surprise, with every good news there’s always a catch. Solo Mode is unavailable when playing split-screen. This is done so that no player can take undue advantage. For instance, if two friends are playing using split-screen, they can easily coordinate attacks, and this will be unfair with the single-player. Due to this, Solo Mode is incompatible with split-screen play. Alongside you cannot play in Team Rumble or Creative mode.
Pros and Cons of Using Split Screen Mode
Although split-screen has disadvantages, it is something multiplayer online gamers always want. And, with Fortnite adding it to Battle Royale gameplay it will be fun. However, the limitation, i.e. only PS4 and Xbox One players can use split-screen, is a drawback. Yet Fortnite’s split-screen mode is fantastic using it the player who has not played the game can learn to play and can join a match with some expert assistance. Hoping Epic will change all the restrictions in the future, we wish you all the luck while playing Fortnite.
We hope you liked this how-to guide on how to use split-screen mode – Fortnite. If you use this mode, do share your experience in the comments section below.