Are you a devoted Apple TV user who loves streaming your favorite YouTube videos or shows on YouTube TV? YouTube and YouTube TV are two of the most popular streaming services in the world, and they’re also two of the most popular apps on Apple TV. However, even the best apps can sometimes stop working, and YouTube and YouTube TV are no exception. If you are facing a ‘YouTube not working’ or ‘YouTube TV not working’ issue, don’t worry – there are a few things you can do to fix the problem.
In this article, we’ll explore the common issues that led to the YouTube TV app not working on Apple TV. Also, we’ll provide step-by-step solutions to resolve these problems.
So without further ado, let’s get started.
Common Causes of YouTube and YouTube TV Problems on Apple TV
There are a few common causes of YouTube and YouTube TV problems on Apple TV, including:
- Network connection problems: If your Apple TV is not connected to the internet, or if your internet connection is slow or unstable, you may have trouble streaming YouTube or YouTube TV content.
- Software glitches: Sometimes, software glitches can cause YouTube or YouTube TV to crash or stop working properly.
- App compatibility issues: If you’re using an older version of the YouTube or YouTube TV app, it may not be compatible with your Apple TV.
- Storage space issues: If your Apple TV is running low on storage space, it may have trouble running YouTube or YouTube TV.
Facing YouTube TV Issues on Apple TV? Here’s What You Can Do
Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot YouTube TV problems on Apple TV:
1. Verify Internet Connection
Your Apple TV relies on a stable internet connection to stream YouTube and YouTube TV. Any disruption or slowdown in your network can lead to playback issues. To troubleshoot this, start by checking your Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection. Ensure that your connection is strong and stable, and consider rebooting your router to refresh your network connection.
If you’re using a Wi-Fi-only version, make sure to connect to the 5GHz frequency band on your Wi-Fi router. Once that’s done, proceed with the following steps to verify the network’s signal strength.
- Open the Settings of your Apple TV.
- Scroll down to the Network option and click on it.
- First, double-check the Wi-Fi network you’re currently connected to at the top of the screen. Then, within the same menu, assess the signal strength.
Alternatively, you have the option to download the Speedtest app, ensuring that you achieve a network speed in double digits, measured in Mbps. This will guarantee a seamless and uninterrupted YouTube viewing experience.
2. Restart Your Apple TV
If you’ve checked your network connection and it’s fine, but YouTube or YouTube TV is still not working, try restarting your Apple TV. A simple restart can often fix minor software glitches.
To restart your Apple TV, press and hold the Menu and TV buttons on your Apple TV remote until the LED light on the front of your Apple TV starts flashing. Once the light stops flashing, your Apple TV will have restarted.
You can also restart your Apple TV via Settings.
- Open the Settings of your Apple TV.
- Scroll down to the System option and click on it.
- Under the Maintenance section, click on the Restart
3. Restart The YouTube Application
If restarting your Apple TV doesn’t fix the problem, try restarting the YouTube app. To do this, press and hold the TV/Control Center button on your Apple TV remote twice to open the recent apps menu. Then, swipe up on the YouTube app to close it completely.
Once the YouTube app is closed, reopen it and try using it again.
4. Update YouTube Application
If you’re still having trouble, it’s possible that you need to update the YouTube app. Software updates are essential for maintaining a smooth user experience. Outdated YouTube or YouTube TV apps can lead to compatibility issues with your Apple TV. To check for updates, go to the App Store and select the Updates tab. If there’s an update available for the YouTube app, tap Update. Installing the latest versions can often resolve compatibility problems.
5. Reinstall YouTube App
If you’re still having problems, try deleting and reinstalling the YouTube or YouTube TV app. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Go to
- Click on Apps on your Apple TV.
- Select the YouTube or YouTube TV app
- Tap on Delete
- Again, choose Delete to confirm the action.
- Then, go to the App Store and reinstall the app.
6. Ensure Sufficient Apple TV Storage
If you’re still having trouble, your Apple TV may be running low on storage space. To check your Apple TV’s storage space, go to Settings > General > Storage.
If your Apple TV is running low on storage space, you can try deleting unused apps or games. You can also try moving your photos and videos to an external hard drive.
7. Authenticate Your YouTube Account Again
If you’re still having trouble, it’s possible that you need to authenticate your YouTube account again. To do this, open the YouTube app and go to Settings > Account. Then, select Sign in and sign in to your YouTube account again.
8. Check Apple TV Firmware Updates
At times, your Apple TV’s YouTube streaming may be affected by software glitches, particularly if you’re running an outdated version of Apple TV. A quick solution is to update to the most recent version, which should resolve the problem. For optimal performance, it’s advisable to keep a close eye on software updates and install them regularly.
- Open Settings then click on System.
- Now tap on Software Updates and then choose the Update Software
- Click on Download and Install.
Read Also: 15 Best Games For Apple Tv In 2023
9. Contact Apple TV Officials
Reaching out to Apple TV support should be your final step when dealing with the YouTube not working issue. This could indicate a more complex issue that necessitates technical assistance. When you contact the support team, be sure to report the error and detail the troubleshooting steps you’ve already attempted.
Fixed: YouTube & YouTube TV Not Working on Apple TV
In this comprehensive guide, we’ve tackled the frustrating issues of “YouTube not working” and “YouTube TV app not working” on Apple TV. We’ve explored the common culprits behind these problems and provided you with practical solutions to resolve them.
By following the steps outlined in this article, you can ensure that your Apple TV remains the ultimate platform for enjoying YouTube and YouTube TV content. Remember, a strong internet connection, up-to-date apps, and a well-maintained Apple TV are the keys to an uninterrupted streaming experience.