When playing games on PC or running any application, if you are encountering Xinput1_3.dll error messages, you are at the right place. In this article, we will discuss how to fix xinput1_3dll not found error on Windows 10.
XInput is an API that permits applications to receive input from Xbox 360 Controllers. That is why, when playing games xinput1_3 dll not found, an error appears. The best way to fix this error is to reinstall DirectX or download the DLL from the Microsoft website.
However, if you despise encountering DLL error messages, keeping the system clutter-free is the best way to do that. For this, you can try Advanced PC Cleanup.
Causes for xinput1_3 not found
- Faulty application
- xinput1_3 .dll is either corrupt or deleted
- The file in question is infected by a malware
- Damaged Windows registry
Common xinput1_3.dll Error Message
- The file xinput1_3.dll is missing
- DLL Not Found
- File xinput1_3.dll not found
- dll not found. Reinstalling might help fix this.
How to clear junk files, fix invalid Windows registry and Improve System Speed
As discussed, the xinput1_3 dll not found is caused when there’s a problem with Microsoft DirectX. But besides that, system junk, invalid registry entries, malware infection too can cause the .DLL missing error. Fixing these errors manually can be painstaking and time-consuming. Therefore, using the one-click PC Optimization suite, Advanced PC Cleanup is advised. This excellent system cleanup and tuneup tool help perform various optimization tasks like fixing invalid registry entries, clearing malware infections, uninstalling unwanted programs without leaving leftovers, and more.
To use it, follow the steps below:
1. Download and install Advanced PC Cleanup
2. Run the professional PC Optimization utility
3. Click Start Scan Now to scan the system for common Windows errors
4. Wait for the scan to finish.
5. Once done click Clear Now to get rid of detected errors.
This will help optimize the system and speed up PC performance.
How to fix Xinput1_3.dll Errors
Method 1 – Install DirectX for the problematic program
Generally, a copy of the DirectX version is included in the installation disc of the game/program. Using it, you can install the DirectX version and troubleshoot xinput1_3.dll not found error. This will install DirectX and the needed file on your PC.
Furthermore, to clean invalid Windows Registry errors, you can use Advanced PC Cleanup. To use the tool, follow the steps below:
1. Launch Advanced PC Cleanup
2. Select Invalid Registry option from the left pane
3. Click Start Scan Now > wait for the scanning to finish
4. Once done click Clear Now to get rid of invalid registry entries
This will help fix xinput1_3dll for Windows 10.
Read More :- How To Download & Update Directx In Windows 10
Method 2 – Update DirectX
Note: You need to be online to download and update the latest version of DirectX.
2. If you want additional downloads, select the check box or click No thanks and proceed
3. Save the file
4. Double click the saved setup file to install and update DirectX.
Upgrading to the latest version of DirectX will help fix xinput1_3.dll missing error.
Method 3 – Update game controller driver
Update driver manually
1. Press Windows + X > Device Manager
2. Navigate to Sound, video game controller
3. Right-click game controller driver > Update driver > follow the on screen instructions
4. Restart the system.
This should fix the xinput1_3.dll missing problem.
If this sounds like too much work and you don’t have the time to perform all this, no worries. We have an easy way out. You can use the best driver updating tool and update game controller drivers. Furthermore, using Smart Driver Care, you can update all outdated drivers in no time.
Method 4 – Reinstall the problematic program
To fix xinput1_3.dll is missing an error try reinstalling the program using which you are facing the problem. This will replace the corrupt files that are causing the xinput1_3 error. To uninstall a program without leaving leftovers, you can use the Uninstall Apps module provided by Advanced PC Cleanup or can do it manually.
For your convenience, we will explain both the methods, you can pick the one that suits you.
Uninstalling software using Advanced PC Cleanup.
1. Launch Advanced PC Cleanup
2. Click Uninstall Apps > wait for the module to scan the system for installed applications.
3. Look for the program you want to uninstall and click the Bin icon.
4. That’s it this will help remove the application using which you were facing xinput1_3.dll error. Restart the PC and reinstall the application you should no longer face the DLL error.
Manually uninstalling the application from Windows 10
1. In the Windows search bar, type Add or remove programs
2. Look for the program that is creating the issue.
3. Select > Uninstall.
4. This will delete the application and all its files.
5. Reinstall the software and then try to run it. No longer the DLL error should appear.
Read More: How To Uninstall Programs On Windows 10
Fix – xinput1_3.dll is missing problem
The fixes explained above will surely help fix xinput1_3.dll not found problem in Windows 10. However, if you face any problem, give Advanced PC Cleanup a try to fix invalid registry errors and clean junk files. This will help optimize and clean the system, making it work flawlessly without any errors.
In addition to this, if you are looking for a data backup tool to keep a copy of important data secure, our recommendation is EaseUS data Todo Backup. Using either the free or paid version of this best disk imaging software, you can create a backup and safely recover files when an unexpected system crash, ransomware attack takes place.
We hope you enjoyed reading the post. Do share your thoughts in the comments section. If you find it useful, share it with others and upvote the post.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. Where do I put the xinput1_3 DLL?
You should place the xinput1_3 DLL on the local drive in the folder C:\Windows\System32 on Windows 10 x86 or in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory on the x64 version of Windows
Q2. How do I fix a missing dll file?
The easiest way to fix DLL error is to perform the following actions:
- Reinstall the program using which you are facing a DLL error.
- Restart PC
- Scan the system for malware infections
- Update drivers
- Update Windows
- Run SFC scan now
- Scan the system for invalid Windows registry and fix them
Q3. How do I fix Microsoft Office missing DLL error?
To fix Microsoft Office missing DLL error, try running the SFC scan now command and can also refer to KB:- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833