Are you encountering an error in shockwave flash on chrome?
You are not alone mate! This Chrome error is encountered by almost every one of us. When it comes to a technical glitch we start looking for solutions but don’t you think we should know about Shockwave Flash first?
Ok, I know you want to get rid of the error first, so, let’s talk about the fixes! I am making a list of effective methods that will help you to get rid of shockwave flash on chrome.
But let me tell you, there are fair chances of getting this Chrome error because of some faulty graphic card driver on your system!
I will start the article with Smart Driver Care, as the name suggests itself. It is a smart, intuitive and agile tool that will take your all worries in order to update the outdated drivers.
Smart Driver Care – Driver Updater Software
- Download and install Smart Driver Care on your system.
- Launch this smart tool to update the outdated drivers.
- Tap on start scan now and you will get the list of outdated drivers on your PC.
- Click on update all. Here you go, all the outdated drivers are updated.
Above are the methods to update drivers automatically. But if an error of shockwave flash on Chrome is still lying there, follow the below methods.
Method 1- Disable Chrome Extension
I understand how important the Chrome extension is as it helps in productivity and gives a vivid user experience. But if you have encountered a crashing shockwave flash on Chrome, this is because of faulty extensions. So in this method, we will disable all the Chrome extension from your system. Below are the steps to follow:
- Tap on three dots located on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Here, click on More tools and then on Extensions.
- In the new window disable all the chrome extensions one by one by sliding the toggle to the left.
Once you are done with this method 1, relaunch the Chrome browser and check whether shockwave flash on Chrome is still crashing.
Method 2- Update Google Chrome Browser
There are fair chances, if your Chrome is not updated, you may experience the error of shockwave flash on chrome. Follow the below steps to update the Chrome browser.
- As you have seen in method 1, tap the three dots on the side of your screen.
- Tap on settings.
- In the new window, click on About Chrome, located on the left pane.
- There you will get the status of Chrome.
- If chrome is not updated, then update and relaunch it.
Note- If your Google Chrome browser is updated, but still you are encountering an error of shockwave flash on chrome, jump to the next fix.
Method 3- Disable Hardware Acceleration.
Here we are going to disable the hardware acceleration, but before starting this procedure, understand what is hardware acceleration.
With the help of hardware acceleration, you can get a better video and user experience. This is the common feature that exists in all the browsers. Now and again, when hardware acceleration is enabled, it will cause Chrome errors. By disabling this feature, we will identify the real culprit.
Below are the steps to follow.
- Go to the settings of the Chrome browser.
- Tap on Advanced, located at the end of the window.
- In this section, navigate to PC
- Now, slide the toggle which says “ use hardware acceleration when available.”
- After disabling the hardware acceleration, relaunch the Chrome browser.
After performing this method, check there is still crashing in shockwave flash on chrome.
Understanding Adobe Shockwave
Adobe Shockwave player is the platform introduced by Adobe. This multimedia platform helps users to view animation and interactive content. Adobe Shockwave is somewhat similar to Adobe Flashwave.
Hopefully, I have shared the effective methods to stop crashing in shockwave flash on chrome. If you have any better options from the above I have mentioned, drop it in the below comment section.
Definitely! Our readers are important to us. We supervise all your comments and thoughts which helps us to grow even more!
I hope you liked this article. Additionally, don’t forget to follow us on social media platforms, and subscribe to our newsletter for more tips and tricks.